Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Hmmm. Coady, Saiss and Kilman have all been much better. Pod too and RAN (but that could just be down to them)

But I'd have expected more from him tbh.
Players like Trincao and Silva haven't pushed on at all
How can you Kilman has improved. Nuno point blank didn’t like him. Kilman was solid day one so for me Bruno hasn’t improved him.

Bruno brutally has t improved any player and has persisted with players out of form, biggest example in Raul

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top quality players available on bosmans would be attracted by 50k wages a week.
Such as….? That will bring more to our club full of Portuguese youngsters than Portugals second most capped player ever and serial winner and all round Uber legend?

Who still with wages probably hasn’t even cost us £10 mill (or 1/4 of a Silva) yet despite being the best player many of us have ever seen grace the shirt and want to be manager one day?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can you Kilman has improved. Nuno point blank didn’t like him. Kilman was solid day one so for me Bruno hasn’t improved him.

Bruno brutally has t improved any player and has persisted with players out of form, biggest example in Raul
Preach

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

And also on Neves and Moutinho. They’ve been allowed to play with the freedom on early reign of Nuno era opposed to negative style in last 6-8 months of Nuno.

Bruno hasn’t developed those players, they are naturally gifted and Bruno is just allowing them to do what they’ve previously done. Which is a solid decision. But shouldn’t be classed as developing a player.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not this **** again.

With Neves going yes it is. With his low transfer fee the 100k a week is **** all for what he’s done for us. Over the 4 years it what nearly another 5 mill. So we signed him for 9 mill then? So ****ing what? Double it to 20 mill - still a bargain. **** it double it again to 40m I’d still go back and pay it.
This stupid obsession with OMG 100k a week when he cost us a packet of crisps is bull****.

He’s been the best player in a gold shirt I’ve ever seen. Silva cost nearly 4 times more than Mouts has cost us.
I’d pay Silvas 37mill JUST FOR THE GOALS AND ASSISTS VS UNITED Moutinho has given us never mind everything else.

Boo hoo 4 mill plus 100k a week (another 5 mill). Christ he’s cost lest than Hwang.

Less than HWANG!!!!

Edit*** a bit more than Hwang

Last edited:

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Can believe the rumour on silva, who imo is still only here and will stay here because of what he cost us, but i really cant see another Premier League club touching him. He tries hard, but he`s not at the level we require. Shi and Mendes have royally ****ed up with this one. ..yes we all
know he has time on his side, but we need much better in our forward line, in order to stay a top half team and go for Europe.
His movement again Norwich and opportunity created was far better than anything Raul did that game.

The lad needs a loan at somewhere that guarantees him football for a season and for me if that happens he will come worth his transfer fee but I don’t see wolves giving him the starting spot anytime soon

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such as….? That will bring more to our club full of Portuguese youngsters than Portugals second most capped player ever and serial winner and all round Uber legend?

Who still with wages probably hasn’t even cost us £10 mill (or 1/4 of a Silva) yet despite being the best player many of us have ever seen grace the shirt and want to be manager one day?
Moutinho has been a good servant to us but 35 and lost some mobility around the pitch. It's time to move him on. I wouldn't spend 100k a week on a two year contract.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not sure on Kilman. I thought he was fine last season. Gainst Leicester day one though, he was excellent and he's continued in that vein.

Agree Nuno was harsh with him though

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don’t sound patronising you sound condescending. And no it doesn’t get you 2 players on 50k a week because you conveniently forgot their transfer fee.
So no you don’t sound patronising, you sound naïve and bad at maths.
Haha jog on.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So no you don’t sound patronising, you sound naïve and bad at maths.

I'm not sure you can call other people out on maths!

Moutinho up to now has cost us around £25m (£5m fee, then £100k a week for 200 weeks) plus two signing on fees. Don't get me wrong, money well spent, but way over a quarter of what we've spent on Silva, in fact way over half. And there's a return on Silva should we sell

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure you can call other people out on maths!

Moutinho up to now has cost us around £25m (£5m fee, then £100k a week for 200 weeks) plus two signing on fees. Don't get me wrong, money well spent, but way over a quarter of what we've spent on Silva, in fact way over half. And there's a return on Silva should we sell
Ha, I should never do maths in a pub. You’re right I ****ed that up. But the point stands.

25m. So what? You don’t think that represents value? A Hwang and a bit. A soupson more than a wantaway AC Milan striker. Or a lot less than a Semedo or a Silva.

It’s ridiculous value. Double it to 50m it’s still value.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just been informed that there is a stumbling block within the Club over Tim Martin putting money into the club.
Tim's put a proviso in that the Club can no longer have any European players they must all be British and that goes for the manager too.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just been informed that there is a stumbling block within the Club over Tim Martin putting money into the club.
Tim's put a proviso in that the Club can no longer have any European players they must all be British and that goes for the manager too.

And I suppose he wanted to know whether (the) spoons in the canteen were British made too ?!

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance Jeff sides with Lage over Silva.

Exactly this.....
Fabio is Jeffs " boy" , he won't want to lose face over it , same reason Silva won't be loaned out ( in my view).

Oh and the latest from my local ( Seaford Tavern) is Albo to beat Sco Mo and the Crows won't make the finals.

Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top quality players available on bosmans would be attracted by 50k wages a week.
Unfortunately top players on a free will want more than £50k a week. A £30k a week midfielder suddenly becomes a £50k a week midfielder when there’s no fee to pay and a £30k a week player is a very poor replacement for Moutinho.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure on Kilman. I thought he was fine last season. Gainst Leicester day one though, he was excellent and he's continued in that vein.

Agree Nuno was harsh with him though

I dont buy into this nonsense Nuno didnt like him tbh. He had some decent games, nothing at the level we are seeing from him this season. I always thought he was being a bit overcautious with him tbh, but i think that was more because of the situation we were in.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too right, probably worst two deals in my 60+ plus years supporting, Dick-le-Flem, Robert Taylor come close along with Masters, Ashley and many more, but in terms of money spent they win hands down.
Agree with that based on my similar 60+ years. Breath-taking lack of judgement/ naivity, take your pick.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly this.....
Fabio is Jeffs " boy" , he won't want to lose face over it , same reason Silva won't be loaned out ( in my view).
My opinion too. Shi has been taking decisions way outside his comfort zone. But who has he got on the staff who might have advised against?

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My opinion too. Shi has been taking decisions way outside his comfort zone. But who has he got on the staff who might have advised against?
People who challenge Shi don't stay at the club or haven't you noticed? Given Lage was so explicit in demanding reinforcements in August and January (clearly to the irritation of those holding the purse strings) probably means that he is on borrowed time

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People who challenge Shi don't stay at the club or haven't you noticed? Given Lage was so explicit in demanding reinforcements in August and January (clearly to the irritation of those holding the purse strings) probably means that he is on borrowed time
You don't read the right threads mate! I have noticed and said so multiple times but those who always think they know better won't have it.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Unfortunately top players on a free will want more than £50k a week. A £30k a week midfielder suddenly becomes a £50k a week midfielder when there’s no fee to pay and a £30k a week player is a very poor replacement for Moutinho.
Not to mention the large signing on fee they will request, the ridiculous agent's fees, and the fact that the average salary for an EPL player is now supposedly over £60k a week. Mental to think, but a £50k a week salary won't even get you an "average" EPL player!

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So that's silva and gibbs white unhappy. Lage hasn't exactly done us favours has he. Hoever too tho he's get to impress.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too right, probably worst two deals in my 60+ plus years supporting, Dick-le-Flem, Robert Taylor come close along with Masters, Ashley and many more, but in terms of money spent they win hands down.
So spot on I thought I had written it. Swapping Alan Hinton for Le Flem still makes me angry 50 years later (mind you falling out with Cullis did Hinton no favours at the Wolves).

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Raul example is there was NO replacement ready..And that solely falls on Jeff Shi's shoulders.You cannot keep blaming Bruno wen he told the board wat he wanted and never got them.And Fabio Silva is a totally different player to Raul.The blame stops with the recruitment staff for me,and I hope they have bin working hard to remedy it.

Last edited:

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like this thread, it's just like the transfer thread but with a cast iron guarantee of being 100% *******s rather 99% *******s on transfer thread. It's that 1% that gives you sleepless nights.......I'm sticking with this one.....
Agreed. Great thread where accidental ITK’s can be born.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it was a sticking point rather than a stumbling block. It was the carpet.

Back
Top Bottom