Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having watched Benfica in the youth league, he’s not like Joao in style at all. Copied and pasted from a post I made on him the other month, but point still stands:

“He looked great in the Benfica team that just won the Youth Champions League this year with 4g + 3a in 10 games, and Benfica fans want him desperately to renew and involved in the first team ASAP.

Obviously not saying he’s as good, but he reminds me a little bit of a Kevin De Bruyne/Bruno Fernandes style of player. Very technical & has the football intelligence to go with it, an eye for goal as a midfielder, can link up play and provide that killer pass between the lines, has a good engine on him… he’s also Pedro’s cousin too which would hopefully mean he’d settle in just fine should we get him.

In addition to Neto, quite a few players from the Benfica team that won the Youth league this year look really promising. Diego Moreira, Cher Ndour, Henrique & Tomás Araújo just to name a few.”

Adding onto that post, i’d say if I could pick two players from their winning youth league team to raid it would be Neto and Diego Moreira. The latter is younger at only 17 and would probably need a year or so before being ready, but he looks a real gem of a player. (I would include Henrique Aruajo in this, but he is clearly a level above the u19s side that won the youth league. He was only called up to play in the final for extra firepower up top, and it certainly worked as he scored a hattrick in their 6-0 hammering of Salzburg).
Good Post

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having watched Benfica in the youth league, I wouldn’t say he’s like Joao in style at all. Copied and pasted from a post I made on him the other month, but point still stands:

“He looked great in the Benfica team that just won the Youth Champions League this year with 4g + 3a in 10 games, and Benfica fans want him desperately to renew and involved in the first team ASAP.

Obviously not saying he’s as good, but he reminds me a little bit of a Kevin De Bruyne/Bruno Fernandes style of player. Very technical & has the football intelligence to go with it, an eye for goal as a midfielder, can link up play and provide that killer pass between the lines, has a good engine on him… he’s also Pedro’s cousin too which would hopefully mean he’d settle in just fine should we get him.

In addition to Neto, quite a few players from the Benfica team that won the Youth league this year look really promising. Diego Moreira, Cher Ndour, Henrique & Tomás Araújo just to name a few.”

Adding onto that post, i’d say if I could pick two players from their winning youth league team to raid it would be Neto and Diego Moreira. The latter is younger at only 17 and would probably need a year or so before being ready, but he looks a real gem of a player. (I would include Henrique Aruajo in this, but he is clearly a level above the u19s side that won the youth league. He was only called up to play in the final for extra firepower up top, and it certainly worked as he scored a hattrick in their 6-0 hammering of Salzburg).
Didn’t Fabio win something similar before he came to Wolves

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t Fabio win something similar before he came to Wolves
Yes, Porto won the competition in 2019, becoming the first portuguese side to do so since the competitions creation around 10 or so years ago.

Fabio was good, but he was one of the youngest in the side at the time being only 16 y/o! (Final took place in April and Fabio is born in July). The main standouts for Porto in that team were the likes of Fabio Vieira whose just gone to Arsenal, Diogo Costa whose starting for Porto & the NT at GK now, Romario Baro who suffered a bad injury and has stagnated since etc. Vitinha was part of the squad too but didn’t actually feature in the final.

They beat a Chelsea side 3-1 which had the likes of Connor Gallagher, Tariq Lamptey, Marc Guehi & Billy Gilmour all starting. & Yes, Fabio started in that final for Porto too.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I look in each day hoping you local lads have spoken with a bloke up a tree but I close down each evening feeling like a child who asked for a pair of roller skates for Christmas and got an orange as well as an apple in his stocking. But I then look to the news and see some souls who would swap places with any of us anytime, so if we have to go with with the players we have now, so be it. :)

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I look in each day hoping you local lads have spoken with a bloke up a tree but I close down each evening feeling like a child who asked for a pair of roller skates for Christmas and got an orange as well as an apple in his stocking. But I then look to the news and see some souls who would swap places with any of us anytime, so if we have to go with with the players we have now, so be it. :)
There was a bloke up the tree but I believe he is going to Fulham now. :eek:

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Off to The Crown in a bit, if I spot Jeff, Scott or Bruno in there does anyone have any questions I should ask......

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still thinking Fernandez (sp) was a red herring. Better to throw others off the scent in order to not be gazumped ala wotshisface and Arsenal.
Looks like there was a whole bunch (shoal ?) of red herrings out there - Inacio, Icardi, Fernandez, Nunes...
I suspect that we will eventually make some good, first-team ready, signings which have gone completely under the radar all summer.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
Looks like there was a whole bunch (shoal ?) of red herrings out there - Inacio, Icardi, Fernandez, Nunes...
I suspect that we will eventually make some good, first-team ready, signings which have gone completely under the radar all summer.
Also I'm sure talisca must be being watched by someone on the scouting staff

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see you're interpreting idle media speculation as being genuine missed targets.

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Don't worry golden your presents are on the way .

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently a big announcement this afternoon, media in, fancy videos with bad rap music and a shaky camera filled with smoke the ****ing works.

I hear Jeff has signed an exclusive contract with Golden Wonder to be our official potato based snack partner. They will be releasing an exclusive ‘Old-Golden Wonder’ flavour as a limited edition pro range. The retail range looks similar but doesn’t contain any potato.

Vinny is delighted as apparently unlike with larger brands like Walkers, we are allowed to make our own crisps (non pro version) and keep the profits.

Back
Top Bottom