Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll sell 2 or 3 this summer. There is potential for us to get decent fees for quite a few players - Neves, Donk, Traore, MGW, Coady for example? I also wouldn't be surprised to see us cash in on Sanderson and/or Giles. With Saiss, Ruddy and possibly Moutinho also leaving (freeing up wages), if Fosun are willing to spend what we bring in plus £30 million, you'd imagine it would give us quite a bit to spend on reshaping the squad? We're going to need 6 or 7 very good players though I think. The recruitment team have struggled to bring that many in over 3 years.
We’ve been wanting/needing to do a rebuild for two seasons following the Sevilla game. We had/have a team that has been very schooled in one way of playing to maximise strengths and minimise weaknesses and to be fair they were very good at it. However, as Sevilla demonstrated and teams from Huddersfield to Norwich it was beatable and could be negated.

To change the system means changes to the squad, both in terms of incoming and outgoings. Incoming is obvious but outgoing is also important, firstly by definition not all the existing players would be able to play the new style, secondly, those less suitable to the new style would lose their value which impacts transfer activity further down the line, thirdly, selling players is partly necessary to fund future purchases. Two COVID impacted seasons and UEFA FFP have impacted the rebuild which means this close season is significant. Will we get the money we want from selling players I hope so but I do wonder, Raul is not worth as much as he was two years ago but is probably worth more than he was at the start of last season but probably won’t be sold anyway. Neves is obviously the biggest asset but is he worth as much as we think or would like? I think the club will accept £40-£45m for him. He is a great player and a lot goes through him but he isn’t a player who you would say is carrying the team and has dragged the team to a result all on his own. Those types of players or perceived players are the ones that go for £50m. I think we could get £20m for Donk, more if Everton want him. If Newcastle want Coady we could get £30m +, his monetary value is probably the highest it will be, so if we don’t sell he’s likely here for another 5 years. We then have players like Boly who we could get £15m for considering injuries and contract length. Podence, we’d probably get £20m plus but I see him being important in any new style. I think we’ll do some swap deals as well, Adama to Barcelona for one of their young players plus some cash from us if it’s someone like Nico Gonzalez. Plus the buy now pay later deals we like so much.

If we’re willing to spend £30m net and we can generate £70-£90m through sales then that is a substantial amount of money. I would personally get the new players in before selling, just so we’re not advertising too much although it will probably be common knowledge. Get them in early to bed them in as well. We need players throughout the spine of the team from centre half to centre forward and some maybe here for only a couple of years depending on our view of the conveyor belt from the U23s. The two biggest elephants in the room are can the club and Jorge deliver and is Bruno the right man to oversee the change. In the case of the former I think the club can deliver but I don’t believe Bruno will.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was told a figure of a top end ~£30M net spend this summer from someone with pretty good knowledge. Add in Neves at £50Mish + any other player trading and we could be ok in terms of actual funds to spend.

On who, is the question

An extra £30m is really not that much. One good starter, two Hwangs or a few kids.

Hopefully we get some money for Adama and others to top it up

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An extra £30m is really not that much. One good starter, two Hwangs or a few kids.

And we're also paying for 1 of those 2 Hwang's this summer... :oops:

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We might get a few million for Traore but can't see many sides wanting him, he's now worth a fraction of what he once was.
He will probably end up with some unheard of foreign side for about 5-10 million.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£30m + Neves + Traore + Vinagre + others not seen as having a future here who’ve been out on loan should generate £110m - £120m.

Saiss, Ruddy, Marcal, Trincao out too with MGW in in place of Trincao. Retain Moutinho if possible too. Assuming the Palhinha for £25m in place of Neves is a goer too.

That leaves roughly £90m for a keeper (Slonina?), CB, another CM and another forward plus net spends on any other players who leave.

That should give us a decent basis to rebuild the squad from, especially if we can get the usual couple of loan-to-buy’s in as is the norm with Wolves.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weirdly, Sky Sports says "about £13m" and the Athletic says a more precise "£11.9m". £11.9m would match up if the figure was €14m, so I expect that's the cause of the confusion.
Screenshot_20220526_113704.jpg

Fabrizio says 16M Euros, which is roughly the £14M mark too.

Either way, a substantial amount of that £30M has already been allocated to Hwang.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabrizio says 16M Euros, which is roughly the £14M mark too.

Either way, a substantial amount of that £30M has already been allocated to Hwang.

Well, we don't know that on the second point - if someone said the club have £30m to spend then they probably meant they have £30m free to spend/allocate, rather than including when previous payments would actually be paid.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You're right, given the cost of established talent it won't get much more through the door.

But if the owners are willing to make a £30M loss on transfers this season, it indicates they're being reasonable - within reason.

Would you suggest they should be willing to make a £100M loss?

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nuno’a first 3 years compared to Bruno is like comparing night and day, one knew what he was doing the other doesn’t.

Bruno has a long way to go but let's be fair its not a like for like comparison.

Nuno had a huge budget and was able to bring in Premier League quality for a Championship season. The squad was rebuilt in his image and he got a year at a lower level to build and drive home his philosophy before then being able to add Champions League quality players when we hit the Prem. All that being said, he did it incredibly well and will likely never be surpassed as my favourite Wolves manager.

Bruno had to start in the Prem, off the back of a disappointing season with a squad that had gone stale and had shown no sign of being able to be a possession based attacking team. He didn't get to rebuild, had players coming back from significant injuries and pretty much had fans on his back from day 1 for simply not being Nuno.

He hasn't got everything right, far from it, but he deserves a chance to have a go with his own players. Even Eddie Howe made a positive impact simply because he was backed and got to sign the donkeys he needed to play his 'football'.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're right, given the cost of established talent it won't get much more through the door.

But if the owners are willing to make a £30M loss on transfers this season, it indicates they're being reasonable - within reason.

Would you suggest they should be willing to make a £100M loss?

We aren't going to get anywhere counting pennies and you have to spend the money to get it back.

The Toti and Chiq should be welcome bargains to help us with the budget, not be the complete model.

Right now we aren't looking at going forward or even staying still we are looking to limit how far we drop. Not a good project

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Went in The Swan at Compton this lunchtime with the dog. Started talking to a chap, said his name was Tim and something about being athletic. He spent most of his time looking at his laptop, Twitter I think, and peering out of the window like he was on a stakeout (said he was barred from The Oddies, Fiume, The Mermaid, Chill and The Fieldhouse).Anyway he started spouting off some right *******s but thought I'd share it all the same.

Apparently Fosun haven't a pot to **** in since the second communist revolution in China at the weekend, says Bruno's gone and a mate of his is coming back to manage the Wolves - Lamberk. someone or other, I think he said. Apparently we had to quadruple Hwang's wages when he signed permanent and we now can't afford Moutinho's so he's got his house up for sale, and Ruben Neves was seen at Birmingham Airport with his bags packed earlier in the week.

Good news though apparently Fabio scored in an impromptu game of beach football on his holiday's in Blackpool yesterday.

He assured me he was ITK and bizarrely offered to sign my shirt!

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This could literally be our lineup the way things are going with our club.
Sa
Jonny Toti Boly Mosquera Giles
Cundle Jordao MGW
Neto Silva Hwang
Subs Sondergaard, Sanderson, Chem Campbell, Marques, Bueno, Cutrone

Can't say I'm excited
You are obviously a glass half full kind of guy.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We aren't going to get anywhere counting pennies and you have to spend the money to get it back.

The Toti and Chiq should be welcome bargains to help us with the budget, not be the complete model.

Right now we aren't looking at going forward or even staying still we are looking to limit how far we drop. Not a good project
A £30M net spend is reasonable given the outgoings will allow us to have a pretty big war chest. Would have put us about 9th in net spend last year (including January spends)

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a mate told me that the commercial team have been told not to include:

Neves
Moutinho
Jimenez
Saiss
Gibbs white

in the promotional photo shoot

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Neves
Moutinho
Jimenez
Saiss
Gibbs white

That’s the spine gone.

Big big summer ahead. No issues on any of it for me as long as we improve.
Get it right Wolves.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The project has gone tits up. We've gone from Shi mingling in the pub with fans and spouting how we will be up there with Man Ciy to him being more elusive than Kim Jung Un. We will do just enough to stay in the PL and that's it until they find a buyer.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Neves
Moutinho
Jimenez
Saiss
Gibbs white

Our go-to midfield duo since we got promoted gone if this is true. And absolutely no-one to step up or step-in as yet. Suddenly see the lack of succession planning. Or maybe it’s all part of the cunning plan.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Update on the Hoever negotiations:

Shi and Sellars currently in negotiations with Ajax. (Rumours from the pub)

Ajax have offered a straightforward €10m to buy with a 20% sell on clause or a season long loan with an obligation to buy at at the end for €14m.
Sellars using his recently acquired Barca negotiating nous, has counter offered a season long loan with no obligation to buy unless Ajax win the Champions League and Eredivisie double then the agreed obligation fee is €15.75m.
Jeff wanted to play rock/paper/scissors on Ajax’s offers.

Update or as we say in Holland - Oopdjaat:

Wolves want to combine their Jota to Liverpool selling experience and now want to offer a pay on the knock scheme to Ajax.
€3m down payment - €2m after 50 appearances. Additional €25m if Ajax win the English Premier League.

No flies on us.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Neves
Moutinho
Jimenez
Saiss
Gibbs white

I believe this and am kind of OK with this as well. I don’t think MGW wants to play for us anymore - had an amazing season with the Blades and is a hero there. Why would he give that up to maybe ride the bench?

Raul has been off (even before his injury) and as much as I respect him and love him as a fan, it’s time to move on.

I have been preparing for Neves to leave all season.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Update on the Hoever negotiations:

Shi and Sellars currently in negotiations with Ajax. (Rumours from the pub)

Ajax have offered a straightforward €10m to buy with a 20% sell on clause or a season long loan with an obligation to buy at at the end for €14m.
Sellars using his recently acquired Barca negotiating nous, has counter offered a season long loan with no obligation to buy unless Ajax win the Champions League and Eredivisie double then the agreed obligation fee is €15.75m.
Jeff wanted to play rock/paper/scissors on Ajax’s offers.

Update or as we say in Holland - Oopdjaat:

Wolves want to combine their Jota to Liverpool selling experience and now want to offer a pay on the knock scheme to Ajax.
€3m down payment - €2m after 50 appearances. Additional €25m if Ajax win the English Premier League.

No flies on us.
Ajax taking us to the cleaners?
He'd be off in a flash if that were true

Back
Top Bottom