Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ruben Neves

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is, you shouldn't now be annoyed that it wasnt Neves contract. The fans made that up, not the club
Not annoyed, but it did just make a lot of sense if he had signed a renewal lol

- 5 years on the dot since he joined today
- Weirdly specific pre-announced 8am reveal time when usually wolves opt for 10am (Who wears #8…)
- Away kit announcement too (what shirt was revealed 5 years ago when neves joined…)

R

reanswolf

I actually feel so sorry for Ruben, he has given his all for our club which he loves, but he runs a risk at being almost imprisoned here.

Of course I don't mean that literally, and he isn't unhappy here by all accounts, but in terms of his career he wants to win things and he won't do so here. More than anything I would hate it if he started resenting being at the club. He deserves better.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

- Weirdly specific pre-announced 8am reveal time when usually wolves opt for 10am (Who wears #8…)
- Away kit announcement too (what shirt was revealed 5 years ago when neves joined…)
yeh of course i can see the logic, but people shouldnt also get angry that its not happened :)

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually feel so sorry for Ruben, he has given his all for our club which he loves, but he runs a risk at being almost imprisoned here.

Of course I don't mean that literally, and he isn't unhappy here by all accounts, but in terms of his career he wants to win things and he won't do so here. More than anything I would hate it if he started resenting being at the club. He deserves better.
If he does get to despise the place he will be just like Traore.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is it isn't it surely someone at the club should have knew this and just got them to say move it back a day or even not announce it at 8am they just needed to read the room on this one....

Another own goal really when you think about it as that announcement hasn't gone down well at all and certainly won't be getting people in a hurry to buy it..

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree. I can’t believe the club didn’t do it deliberately for precisely those reasons, anticipating that fans would be online expecting something in addition to the new kit. The coincidences are too obvious for it not to be intentional. The fact there wasn’t, weirdly leaves many of us disappointed. That’s a shame as the kit is nice. It’s also adding to the sense the club is taking “legacy” fans for granted by teasing us.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If ruben didn't want to stay then he wouldn't be signing a new contract. Or if he does want a new contract it would have a very realistic release clause

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus. State of this place. Primark are going to have a run on bedsheets and marker pens by the looks.

Boris has had to bite the bullet for repeatedly lying and **** covering, getting found out and mass mutiny.
Wolves fans make up their own truth, then riot when the club haven’t created their fantasy for them.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus. State of this place. Primark are going to have a run on bedsheets and marker pens by the looks.

Boris has had to bite the bullet for repeatedly lying and **** covering, getting found out and mass mutiny.
Wolves fans make up their own truth, then riot when the club haven’t created their fantasy for them.
I know. I keep looking at the tweet yesterday trying to see where exactly the club have misled people- struggling to see it.

All I took from it was we were releasing the new away top at 8am on the 8th July. And guess what we have!

Unless there’s small print saying Neves is signing a new contract - must have missed it!!

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact that people we're grasping for good news just shows how starved of it we've been. It's not unreasonable to think a contract extension could have happenend, and it's not unreasonable to expect a top half premier league club might look to sign some players after letting about five squad members leave.

It's ****ty of people to start dunking on that after the lack of announcement.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact that people we're grasping for good news just shows how starved of it we've been. It's not unreasonable to think a contract extension could have happenend, and it's not unreasonable to expect a top half premier league club might look to sign some players after letting about five squad members leave.

It's ****ty of people to start dunking on that after the lack of announcement.
No it’s not unreasonable to think of a contract renewal or signings, but it is when people then get annoyed that it doesn’t happen thinking the club have misled them.

This situation/ annoyance is self inflicted.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Talk about going well over the top....

Maybe just maybe fans are a little disappointed with how this summer is going and lack of any movement that they were trying to cling onto something positive.

Yes the whole pre announcement (wasn't needed) might have been a coincidence and people looked into it to much but let's be real the moaning and ranting isn't about that as such it is about how they feel about the club at this moment in time and the club really aren't helping themselves.

No bed sheets no riots just having a moan on social media and on here surely that is pretty understandable?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get the shields, the club must be defended at all costs.

P.s. please continue buying the merch.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are folk in a bit of a spin because it wasn’t announced that Neves had signed a new contract? I thought the general view was that Neves would be off, in part to fund player incomings but also because he wants to go onto bigger things. Deservedly so. No offers so far is due to Wolves valuation and, perhaps, would be suitors playing the long ball game.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get the shields, the club must be defended at all costs.

P.s. please continue buying the merch.
No not at all. By all means the club have got things wrong, and at this point in time people are anxious. I get it, but that doesn’t mean things won’t change before the season starts.

Have your grumble’s, but folks getting annoyed that a signing or neves contract renewal hasn’t coincided with it, after somehow reading a very simple announcement is entirely on them.

The club’s announcement was the away shirt being revealed at 8 am on the 8th. That’s it, everything else was pure fantasy in peoples minds.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just put yourself in his position.

1. You sign a new contract and, as you see now, it’s hard for you to leave. You may agree a lower fee with Wolves to let you go but it still could be difficult.

2. You don’t sign a new contract, you have a year left and Bissouma’s move to Spurs shows the market is around £25m in this situation. Virtually every club in the world considers Neves at £25m.

He would be crazy/stupid to sign a new contract from his own career perspective.

R

reanswolf

Talk about going well over the top....

Maybe just maybe fans are a little disappointed with how this summer is going and lack of any movement that they were trying to cling onto something positive.

Yes the whole pre announcement (wasn't needed) might have been a coincidence and people looked into it to much but let's be real the moaning and ranting isn't about that as such it is about how they feel about the club at this moment in time and the club really aren't helping themselves.

No bed sheets no riots just having a moan on social media and on here surely that is pretty understandable?
Talk about going OTT !

This post beats the lot :)-.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Just put yourself in his position.

1. You sign a new contract and, as you see now, it’s hard for you to leave. You may agree a lower fee with Wolves to let you go but it still could be difficult.

2. You don’t sign a new contract, you have a year left and Bissouma’s move to Spurs shows the market is around £25m in this situation. Virtually every club in the world considers Neves at £25m.

He would be crazy/stupid to sign a new contract from his own career perspective.
Unless there was an agreeable release clause and a guarantee he could leave if it was met .
I am not alone in criticising the club over many things but we could potentially lose both Neves and Traore ,who were being touted around £80M combined ,a while back ,for nothing if they just wind down their contracts .
I don’t know what the answer is

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless there was an agreeable release clause and a guarantee he could leave if it was met .
I am not alone in criticising the club over many things but we could potentially lose both Neves and Traore ,who were being touted around £80M combined ,a while back ,for nothing if they just wind down their contracts .
I don’t know what the answer is
Yeah, that's our best bet undoubtedly. But even then, why would he do it? If we agreed to a £40m clause for example, he might think well I'd just not sign and go for £25m.

If he signs a new deal it's doing us an incredibly massive favour and he obviously doesn't owe us anything.

It's poor management. You have to sell at the right point and we haven't done that.

T

TheConcourse

Genuinely can’t believe what I’m reading. Adults. Actual people who can put their pants on the right way round in a morning*

*potentially

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk about going OTT !

This post beats the lot :)-.
Well explained I'd like to know how it is OTT though?

Don't think I've said anything unreasonable just how I can understand why fans are annoyed at little things like the announcement today because they are looking for something positive in what is so far a disappointing transfer window?

Hardly OTT...

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Yeah, that's our best bet undoubtedly. But even then, why would he do it? If we agreed to a £40m clause for example, he might think well I'd just not sign and go for £25m.

If he signs a new deal it's doing us an incredibly massive favour and he obviously doesn't owe us anything.

It's poor management. You have to sell at the right point and we haven't done that.
There isn’t a great deal of money around in many countries and if he did sign it might buy time to get the move he really wants ultimately
I agree he owes us nothing but equally he has been a good servant for the club and he just might consider it .Time will tell .

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Completely agree with every word of this. It’s a shame that the club haven’t received the offer they want from somewhere so we can all move on.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is it isn't it surely someone at the club should have knew this and just got them to say move it back a day or even not announce it at 8am they just needed to read the room on this one....

Another own goal really when you think about it as that announcement hasn't gone down well at all and certainly won't be getting people in a hurry to buy it..
Oh **** off. An own goal from the club FFS. If they'd have delayed it a day to the 9th, the rumour would have been Steve Bull returning to action with the announcement at 8am still because Neves has a new contract.

The club should not be held to account because of the over active imaginations of our ******** supporters.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fergie was a genius at selling at the right time. We've been awful at it for 3 years. Douglas, Costs and Cav were genius sales but, since then, we've held on to players for too long. All clubs should be selling clubs if the offer is right.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Because something fans completely made up something that then didn't happen?

This forum is unbelievable. Have to laugh!
The fans aren't making up our already thin squad, which scores a goal every two games getting cut further, on top of season ticket price increases.

Laughing is probably a good idea, but at the moment we're laughing all the way to the bottom 6/7 in the league.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Because something fans completely made up something that then didn't happen?

This forum is unbelievable. Have to laugh!
It’s not funny, it’s ****ing scary. These people walk amongst us pretending to be normal people.
If I think about it too much, it gives me the heeby-geebies! :oops:

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh **** off. An own goal from the club FFS. If they'd have delayed it a day to the 9th, the rumour would have been Steve Bull returning to action with the announcement at 8am still because Neves has a new contract.

The club should not be held to account because of the over active imaginations of our ******** supporters.
Just look at the reaction to the announcement it is clearly an own goal.... The club announce these things and do these videos to get a positive reaction and people to buy the shirt.... The ******** supporters as you call them are people who buy them and clearly a lot of them aren't happy with things. Yes I feel some of it is over the top but also feel they could have dealt with it better that's all..

No need to tell me to **** off at all..

Back
Top Bottom