Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ross Barkley

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
An Everton acquaintance that knows Barkley personally has said that us and West Ham are/were wanting to take him on loan. We are very keen, apparently. Lampard doesn’t want him to go, but might do if they bring someone else in. Won’t find out until last day of window realistically.

D

Deleted member 4456

He wouldn't be the worst signing in the world.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I thought Lampard said the other day he won’t be going anywhere this window ?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve never been convinced. Always seems to promise a lot but flatters to deceive. That being said, if ever wears a Wolves shirt, he’ll be the best thing since sliced bread.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Lampard said the other day he won’t be going anywhere this window ?
I wouldn't take any notice of what any manager says this month regarding transfers. Barkley though did come on as a sub today realistically isn't getting much game time and i heard Loftus Cheek is nearing a return to the team that would push Barkley further down the pecking order.
I'm not a big Barkley fan but there certainly is a player there i just think he's struggled for consistent game time, seems to have a good run then pick up an injury.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems a West Ham signing if ever there were one given his injury record.

If (big if) he was fit and motivated, he’d be a very good option, it’s a very very big if though.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Big yes from me. The type of midfielder we are missing in that he can travel with the ball and dribble past people.

Looked very good for England over the Euro qualifying campaign.

Imagine West Ham would have a slight edge given his previous relationship with Moyes.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind him, if right attitude

Would he block MGW progression?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would Chelsea loan him to us?
A team that may/could challenge them in the league?

West Ham written all over it.
Also, Barkley ain't necessarily gonna get in our first XI at the moment, which is surely what he'll want.
Which is a shame, as we could do with an option like him off the bench.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A really fine player. Was impressed with how he played in the England games, a much better fit in there than Rice.

If (and it is contingent) he stays fit and gets game time he could do really well with us.

I guess he would rather stay in London though?

If we can’t get him, can we have Loftus-Cheek instead?

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind him, if right attitude

Would he block MGW progression?

I see your point but if we want to be an elite top 4 club then no one is irreplaceable if better players are willing to come to us. This is what Chelsea are effectively doing, moving on a younger player (if true) that hasn't kicked on for them.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve never been convinced. Always seems to promise a lot but flatters to deceive. That being said, if ever wears a Wolves shirt, he’ll be the best thing since sliced bread.

This for me too, never been particularly convinced.
Even his young Everton ‘heyday’ seemed to consist of always trying to work a shooting opportunity and giving the ball away more often then not.

That said, has had a couple of very impressive performances for England, and is certainly a fairly dynamic, ball carrying CM.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A really fine player. Was impressed with how he played in the England games, a much better fit in there than Rice.

If (and it is contingent) he stays fit and gets game time he could do really well with us.

I guess he would rather stay in London though?

If we can’t get him, can we have Loftus-Cheek instead?

tongue in cheek more like.:D

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have to be honest. I think he is pretty awful. I would be really disappointed if we ended up with him. Billy big *******s “england international” with more reputation than talent.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would he be humble enough to take on board the Nuno approach and philosophy.......?

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have to be honest. I think he is pretty awful. I would be really disappointed if we ended up with him. Billy big *******s “england international” with more reputation than talent.
Superb player that would certainly compliment us. I would take him in a heart beat..
so we're agreed then

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have heard from someone who has worked with him that he’s as thick as pig ****, don’t think he’ll fit in tbh.

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
I met his dad on holiday a few years ago, that was an interesting experience.

As for Ross, he theoretically ticks the boxes of what we should be after - young, stacks of potential, underperforming and underrated at his current club, and I think could play in a midfield two in a 3-4-3 and be that “N’Diaiye upgrade” type we need.

But for some reason I’m unsure it would be a good move for us.

S

Snetter

It speaks volumes as to where Wolves are now that people are questioning whether signing a current England international would improve our tiny squad.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a West Ham signing and such an un-Wolves signing. That's not to say that I wouldn't take him. His attributes would also be incredibly helpful at addressing area of squad shallowness.

However, he would likely be vastly overpriced in the summer window and if we're not signing loan players, is there a huge amount of sense in taking them on?

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he is pretty average so no. Defo a West Ham type signing..

optimuswolf

Reaction score
there's a world class player in there, or at least there was. Nuno has worked wonders with lesser players.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loan.

Assess.

Decide.

Don’t think it will happen though. Does not appear to have the attitude Nuno likes.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see it myself. West Ham, absolutely I can. Might have talent but can he keep fit and avoid doing stupid things off the pitch? Just can’t see Nuno getting along with him.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When on form a real quality player. Seems unlikely we can land a top English talent like this to match our top foreign boys. Unlikely but not impossible I guess given our new status of genuine top 6 contenders.

Back
Top Bottom