Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rooney in a suit?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Cocu has been sacked and Rooney is one of those put in temporary charge

Lycaon

Reaction score
Joking aside but has Rooney accumulated any coaching badges?
Can’t see it ending well if he is appointed full time manager?
Mind you, Derby with a dire record recently, maybe he with the 3 others in temporary charge might turn it around?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive read their interested in John Terry somewhere.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Rooney was the manager, had no idea Cocu was there!

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Lee Bowyer can lead a group of players anyone can

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rooney turning up at that club completely undermined Cocu, this situation was inevitable
Shambles, wasted so much money over the years

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A shambles of a club that bought their own ground off themselves to circumvent FFP.

Like Villa, if those Middle East prospective owners pass the fit and proper test, they could become anither average Premier League club in a couple of years.

R

reanswolf

Bit like us?

Seriously, I dont see Rooney as a manager - I could well be wrong but don't feel he has the charisma or intelligence. Thats just based on perception though, so could be totally unfair.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of interest - Why would he not make a good manager? He's played under the greatest manager of all time for 10 years, as well as the likes of Mourinho and Van Gaal.

What, because he doesn't talk like or portray himself as a public school alumni, he's bound to be a disaster?

Tory Britain.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of interest - Why would he not make a good manager? He's played under the greatest manager of all time for 10 years, as well as the likes of Mourinho and Van Gaal.

What, because he doesn't talk like or portray himself as a public school alumni, he's bound to be a disaster?

Tory Britain.
My initial thoughts are he’s not bright enough, I hope he proves me wrong.

Nothing to do with accents, class or anything else, but I do think all good managers have one thing in common - intellect.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My initial thoughts are he’s not bright enough, I hope he proves me wrong.

Nothing to do with accents, class or anything else, but I do think all good managers have one thing in common - intellect.

Slightly off topic - I was watching an in depth interview with Steven Gerrard last night.

If he doesn't take over at Liverpool any time soon, he'd be a fantastic candidate for the next England manager.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tory Britain.
Name me a manager in the PL( or any other division) who 'portrays himself as a public school alumnus'. That's not to say there aren't odd ones who are privately educated. Frank Lampard for one. But he just sounds and behaves like your average ****ney geezer.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Name me a manager in the PL( or any other division) who 'portrays himself as a public school alumnus'. That's not to say there aren't odd ones who are privately educated. Frank Lampard for one. But he just sounds and behaves like your average ****ney geezer.

You've just named one.

It's more this notion that talking in a slow, sensible way somehow portrays a sense of knowledge. Gary Monk, a prime example.

The only reason people are doubting Wayne Rooney is because of his demeanor, which is ridiculous. Give the bloke a chance.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point was that public school Frank Lampard sounds more like his old man, a classic east ender, than he does a public school steteotype. I can't think of one that fits your bill of talking posh. But I agree that coaches should be good at their jobs rather than good media talkers. I am not sure what evidence there is yet that Rooney is a good coach. Gerard has definitely already passed that test at Rangers, I think he'd be miles better than Southgate in the England job.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My point was that public school Frank Lampard sounds more like his old man, a classic east ender, than he does a public school steteotype. I can't think of one that fits your bill of talking posh. But I agree that coaches should be good at their jobs rather than good media talkers. I am not sure what evidence there is yet that Rooney is a good coach. Gerard has definitely already passed that test at Rangers, I think he'd be miles better than Southgate in the England job.

We agree for the most part then. Whilst I have no evidence for Rooney being some sort of mastermind coach, the negatives toward him come from a similar cold case mindset, based on nothing but stereotypes. He may be a disaster, he may be decent. Lets see.

Where we have common ground - Gerrard looks the business. Really enjoyed listening to his interview. A proper winner. You can tell Liverpool's fold in 2014 still hurts him as well, which, for me, just adds to my support for his credentials.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a serious point,has he even got the right coaching badges to take over a team?

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Rooney in a suit arriving at Stockport Magistrates' Court.

I don’t think people’s perception of Rooney being of low intelligence is based purely on stereotypes. He pleaded guilty to drink driving at 2am. This was in some woman’s car that he met in a bar whilst his wife at home pregnant.

Attachments

• BB0FAC63-EEA0-4681-AF92-FCBD97983CDE.jpeg
    BB0FAC63-EEA0-4681-AF92-FCBD97983CDE.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 4

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tory Britain.
Add to that the tiresome stereotypical comments on this thread. Pathetic.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rooney hasn’t made the slightest difference to Derby on the pitch, in fact they are worse imo.

What difference will he make as temporary head coach/manager?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Rooney hasn’t made the slightest difference to Derby on the pitch, in fact they are worse imo.

What difference will he make as temporary head coach/manager?
This is probably the most relevant point

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting to see if he can make it in management. He always seemed quite respected amongst players as a captain. Would say he matured over in America as well, so we’ll see.

He comes across well in this interview

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
If he does get the gig I wonder if he will call time on his career?Very difficult to combine both roles particularly in a struggling side .

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would imagine that Rooney has seen how well Gerrard and Lampard have done in management, and may well want to go down that road. You don't play at Manchester United for over a decade unless you are a very good player. Add on to that over a hundred international caps, and if nothing else Wayne Rooney has a wealth of experience to pass on to other players. I think he will end up in management, and providing he has the relevant coaching badges, then why not give him a chance. Derby County could do a lot worse.

Scadwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
B

Tory Britain.
Bobby Moore and Bobby Charlton were great players but could hack it as a Manager. More recently Alan Shearer is in the same mould.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
After 11 games they are rock bottom and 13 points from the playoffs, surely the last thing they need is a rookie manager

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've just named one.

It's more this notion that talking in a slow, sensible way somehow portrays a sense of knowledge. Gary Monk, a prime example.

The only reason people are doubting Wayne Rooney is because of his demeanor, which is ridiculous. Give the bloke a chance.
I think most are doubting Rooney because of his character.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rooney in a suit arriving at Stockport Magistrates' Court.

I don’t think people’s perception of Rooney being of low intelligence is based purely on stereotypes. He pleaded guilty to drink driving at 2am. This was in some woman’s car that he met in a bar whilst his wife at home pregnant.
Car or mobility scooter? How old was this Woman?

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When on the pitch the only suit Rooney should wear is a straight jacket! Might stop him chasing after referees every time they make a decision he doesn't agree with. Moron!

Back
Top Bottom