Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ronaldo - Esports- Wolves . Discuss.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The serious financial and football proposition.
We sign Ronaldo . The best known Portuguese player in the World . Looking for one last move , one last adventure with some countrymen .

Very expensive . And with a bit of a reputation for being difficult and obsessive. .

But a short cut to WWFC becoming a football club with global interest by September 2022 .

Fosun has always said thats what it wants to become a Global Brand. Wouldnt this put our Esport plans on steroids ? Enhance our Brand Value .
Thats what Fosun want .

Add the sale of shirts, and some actual goals scored and sponsorship, with an enhance chance of European football.
So all that work to build a stadium , the long haul slog to the top, could be accelerated .

Could we pull apart and discuss - without too much cynicism.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Has openly said he wants to finish up at Sporting I believe, but even so, it’d never happen.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the problem exists in three of your first five words.
You may as well delete this thread . It just attracts the cynics. The first five replies took about a minute to consider the proposition.
Our brand value is worth about £300 million , it could raise to £400 million easily but I doubt that was given any thought.
Frankly I cant see how Fosun can progress from here without some major statement of intent.

Last edited:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may as well delete this thread . It just attracts the cynics. The first five replies took about a minute to consider the proposition.
Our brand value is worth about £300 million , it could raise to £400 million easily but I doubt that was given any thought.
Tbf it didn't take a lot of deep thought.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love it, we'd love it, he'd love it, and yes it would in one not easy stroke make us world famous.
It would unite the mix in joy, harmony and a wholesome feeling that after all these years of singing those were the days it is what we deserve.
Then someone would say he's too old and next someone would add that fosun have only bought him for their own profit and then someone would say that Jeff shi doesn't know what he's doing and we should have signed mbappe.
We'd come second in the league to man city and on the molmix the verdict would be a wasted opportunity because our owners don't care about us.
However, it would be glorious, at least for one day

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love it, we'd love it, he'd love it, and yes it would in one not easy stroke make us world famous.
It would unite the mix in joy, harmony and a wholesome feeling that after all these years of singing those were the days it is what we deserve.
Then someone would say he's too old and next someone would add that fosun have only bought him for their own profit and then someone would say that Jeff shi doesn't know what he's doing and we should have signed mbappe.
We'd come second in the league to man city and on the molmix the verdict would be a wasted opportunity because our owners don't care about us.
Agreed . We can live in hope.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dreaming is free so I’ll leave you to it.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could see that.
I'm sorry, I didn't think you were being serious. Go on then, I will play.

Unfortunately, although he is portugese, it won't happen for loads of reasons, including:

1. Ronaldo doesn't want to finish his illustrations career at Wolves
2. The Chinese Govt won't allow Fosun to spend any more money in the UK
3. Any money from shirt sales will go directly to Ronaldo. He has his own marketing deals that are worth as much as his wages

Will that do?

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a way it's perfectly possible we sign him. Pick up a couple of kids from Sporting for 70m thus enabling them to sign him for his homecoming. They could probably have Nuno as manager as well.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not understand one word of this thread at all. Perhaps a short synopsis in an easy to understand format would help some of the older readers. I thought Ronaldo was a Brazilian striker? Is it some kind of clever joke or what?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s like you’re psychic, or sumfin’!!!!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I didn't think you were being serious. Go on then, I will play.

Unfortunately, although he is portugese, it won't happen for loads of reasons, including:

1. Ronaldo doesn't want to finish his illustrations career at Wolves
2. The Chinese Govt won't allow Fosun to spend any more money in the UK
3. Any money from shirt sales will go directly to Ronaldo. He has his own marketing deals that are worth as much as his wages

Will that do?
Yes it will do. It is about play as you say . This Financial Times opinion board :)

I can answer those. Ppoints , though you may think I am wrong.
We dont know what Ronalso wants to do. - but I am sure earning good money and be associated with making raising any football club to European status from the also rans could appeal to his vanity . Moutinho is here and appears happy, he is a great player , I am sure Ronaldo respects him .
The Chinese will allow money to be spent if it is a way of creating additional wealth for their companies .
Yes shirt sales may go to him but Brand image of Wolves go to Fosun.

Now one question to you , if Wolves are valued at £350 million last year ? How much more would they be worth once some sparkle has been added to a very dull club.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do not understand one word of this thread at all. Perhaps a short synopsis in an easy to understand format would help some of the older readers. I thought Ronaldo was a Brazilian striker? Is it some kind of clever joke or what?
Messi and Suarez - who the **** are they ?

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes it will do. It is about play as you say . This Financial Times opinion board :)

I can answer those. Ppoints , though you may think I am wrong.
We dont know what Ronalso wants to do. - but I am sure earning good money and be associated with making raising any football club to European status from the also rans could appeal to his vanity . Moutinho is here and appears happy, he is a great player , I am sure Ronaldo respects him .
The Chinese will allow money to be spent if it is a way of creating additional wealth for their companies .
Yes shirt sales may go to him but Brand image of Wolves go to Fosun.

Now one question to you , if Wolves are valued at £350 million last year ? How much more would they be worth once some sparkle has been added to a very dull club.
Ok. It doesn't look like Moutinho is here any more. If we can't afford Moutinho, how can we afford Ronaldo's wages

The Chinese are definately NOT spending money on football, anywhere. All investment going back to China.

It might help our brand but will do nothing for his.

He doesn't work hard and expects others to feed him. Also, remember how stroppy he gets when United fail to give him good service. He would gave a flipping meltdown playing for us.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok. It doesn't look like Moutinho is here any more. If we can't afford Moutinho, how can we afford Ronaldo's wages

The Chinese are definately NOT spending money on football, anywhere. All investment going back to China.

It might help our brand but will do nothing for his.

He doesn't work hard and expects others to feed him. Also, remember how stroppy he gets when United fail to give him good service. He would gave a flipping meltdown playing for us.
Good arguments. Bar affordability, I think Ronaldo pays for himself in income and wealth creation.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The serious financial and football proposition.
We sign Ronaldo . The best known Portuguese player in the World . Looking for one last move , one last adventure with some countrymen .

Very expensive . And with a bit of a reputation for being difficult and obsessive. .

But a short cut to WWFC becoming a football club with global interest by September 2022 .

Fosun has always said thats what it wants to become a Global Brand. Wouldnt this put our Esport plans on steroids ? Enhance our Brand Value .
Thats what Fosun want .

Add the sale of shirts, and some actual goals scored and sponsorship, with an enhance chance of European football.
So all that work to build a stadium , the long haul slog to the top, could be accelerated .

Could we pull apart and discuss - without too much cynicism.
Well…..ok, fine….why not? I’m in a good mood.
You‘ve laid it out so well.

gerrim in ……oh…don’t forget to get Jeff to initial it ;) :) :cool:

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This will be on dinglewatch soon. Honestly, we have owners who have stopped injecting cash, about 15 first team players, a side that have averaged under a goal a game for two seasons, a ramshackle small ground and the OP thinks we might sign one of the worlds most successful, highly paid footballers who is leaving Manchester United because he wants to keep winning trophies!!

****ing hilarious. Thanks for cheering me up. #deluded

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This will be on dinglewatch soon. Honestly, we have owners who have stopped injecting cash, about 15 first team players, a side that have averaged under a goal a game for two seasons, a ramshackle small ground and the OP thinks we might sign one of the worlds most successful, highly paid footballers who is leaving Manchester United because he wants to keep winning trophies!!

****ing hilarious. Thanks for cheering me up. #deluded
Who needs Dinglewatch when we have you as a protagonist.

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Frankly I cant see how Fosun can progress from here without some major statement of intent.

I’m in no way a cynic, just realistic.

Back
Top Bottom