Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Romain Saïss x 200

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another iconic player of the Fosun era on his way, and another sign that the current epoch is drawing time. With Saiss and Ruddy leaving, and doubts over the futures of Neves and Moutinho, I really want to start hearing news of incoming players in the near future, Jeff...

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
Amazing Friday night at boro where you almost became mission impossible for boro , the next Friday was big John,s night at Cardiff , 2 of the greatest fridays in my memory , I met you once and you had all the time in the world for me , a genuinely lovely bloke who will be missed in the dressing room and the squad , I wish you and your family all the very best for the remainder of your career and hope you get a great move , I will follow your progress

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done Romain for becoming a true Old Gold legend.

One of the Wolves who gave 110% - OK, that's not possible but I sometimes think that your Riverside performance genuinely achieved this!

Come back one day, you'll always be welcome.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of our best ever signings. Wish him all the best, he will be missed on the pitch and behind the scenes.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's all well and good letting players leave but if we don't replace them with better ones, we will be in for a relegation fight next season and the way the management are talking, we won't. Villa have already signed 3

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It's all well and good letting players leave but if we don't replace them with better ones, we will be in for a relegation fight next season and the way the management are talking, we won't. Villa have already signed 3
Villa have signed 1, the window isn't open. But I forgot VillaMix needs to bring up their big brother every 2 days.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Good luck - always gave 100% for the team. Some rash challenges on occasion - but you more than made up for them during your time here. Thanks for the memories

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I took a while to warm to him but he became a great asset to the team, on and off the field. Seemed to have a great character.

It is a shame his secind half of the season faultered, as you could argue the Saiss of the first half would have been obvious for contract extension.

He leaves with a big thank you, and hope he gets himself a good move

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really sad to see him go. Am i just alone in thinking its pretty disgraceful on the clubs part that the likes of Saiss are having to announce they are leaving on Instagram instead of the club doing it?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m another who took a while to warm to him, and the last season I despaired at him at times, but he was whole hearted and loved the club. The timing is right, I’d much rather Toti or Max play these days.

It’s been emotional Romain, keep injury free and hope all goes well

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really sad to see him go. Am i just alone in thinking its pretty disgraceful on the clubs part that the likes of Saiss are having to announce they are leaving on Instagram instead of the club doing it?

Perhaps. But if it’s a case of the club not making them an offer they wish to accept, then understandable. I think the club generally posts some friendly farewell once the player has announced he’s off.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps. But if it’s a case of the club not making them an offer they wish to accept, then understandable. I think the club generally posts some friendly farewell once the player has announced he’s off.

I think its pretty bad personally to players who have given us good service. Even if its a simultaneous announcement they should still make the effort.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted myself!
Would like to thank Romain for his service to the club and also for never giving any less than his all for the club. Top pro and a genuinely nice guy. Now to break the official news to the daughter, though he did tell us in person a few weeks ago, when we met him at the Norwich game.
Good luck for the future Romain, to you and your family.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Club did it maybe an hour after he did?
Maybe he wanted to go first?

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A key player in our promotion season, covering the wing backs to allow them to bomb forward.

More comebacks than Sinatra - every time you think he's played his last for us, he pops up again and makes himself undroppable.

A great player on and off the pitch and I'll be sad to see him go.

CS_wolf

Reaction score
Great servant over the years across widely differing managers. Extremely nice guy too - remember sitting across the aisle from him (no idea who is was just that was obviously a footballer the way he was dressed!) in upper BW in a midweek cup game a few days before he officially signed for us - glad he still did after watching us grind out a narrow win against Cambridge Utd...
Best of luck Romain.

Last edited:

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Disappointed to see him leave but proud in a way that the club is being responsible and not caving to the demands of these players.

So many other clubs might have just given him the terms he desired, realistically the time for Saiss to get one last big pay day and a holiday in the sun was right.

Sad to see him go all the same. Enjoy your last year's wherever you end up Romain

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great servant and gave his all, I'm sure we'll remember him for that in the future as opposed to the dozen or so performances where he looked dreadful and was a liability to the team... Haha

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there are any fans of clubs interested in him viewing this thread.You will have a good player in Romain Saiss.Good luck in whatever you do Romain.Farewell me owd beaut.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see the old **** coach is their coach now

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Good club for him, delighted.

I am probably ignorant and that is their away strip but have they stuck him in our colours?

Back
Top Bottom