Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Romain Saïss x 200

T

TheConcourse

He’s been a liability ever since he stepped off the AFCON plane.

Cost us point after point through rash defending and poor decision making.

A new contract? We should be ripping up the back line and starting again.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Saiss but he was a liability all game and cost us
He was awful last night. Just awful.

He did get a hefty whack to the head, which the awful Kevin Friend (and VAR) did nothing about. It should have been at least a yellow card against Greenwood.

Despite that he couldn’t pass to a team mate, his tackling was all over the place and his defending for the second goal, well, what can you say. He shanked the ball when he had plenty of time to bring it down, control it and then pass it.

I think Romain’t has been great for us but performances like last night should be criticised imo, just like RAN and Donk should be criticised for Leeds first and third goals.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wouldn’t surprise me if it he’d played most of yesterday’s game with a concussion

Shouldn't the medical team have picked up on that. And if he was feeling a bit groggy then shouldn't he have told someone?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss done well until recently he’s 32 soon we should be looking at replacing him I do rate him but after last night we have to be realistic his performances go with age they will have up and down moments

Horsham Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Shouldn't the medical team have picked up on that. And if he was feeling a bit groggy then shouldn't he have told someone?
I’m sure that they did their tests, and he certainly wasn’t hiding it when he got clattered. However are those tests 100% accurate all the time?

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After seeing the treatment dished out to other players this season, how is Saiss not getting slaughtered, his performance last night after the sending off was pub league, after the international break, let’s see Coady with Boly and Kilman, can’t see why we dropped Toti.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
L’equipe article:

Vincent Garcia 25 March 2022 at 08:17 comment "We are always a pretty boring team to play," concedes the native of the Drôme, who plays a lot and is "very careful with his lifestyle". His record of service pushed the English club to offer him an extension, he who would never have thought to stay so long when he arrived, in 2016. For now, he reserves his answer. Free next June, his situation is followed by many clubs, in Spain (Betis, Villarreal), Germany (Wolfsburg) or Turkey. But also in France, where his contractual situation and his experience do not leave insensitive OM, OL, Rennes or Strasbourg for example. "I have a lot of fun in the Premier League but I don't close any doors," he said. I will see the most interesting project here or elsewhere." In the meantime, Saïss has his country to qualify for the World Cup.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Knee jerk reactions again after a poor display . He was poor last night but RAN for the crucial 1st goal was equally as bad . Uncharacteristic
No it wasn’t he was crap and this thread is about him. He has also been crap for a number of games. Needs a kick up the **** or dropping.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it wasn’t he was crap and this thread is about him. He has also been crap for a number of games. Needs a kick up the **** or dropping.

Agreed.
Toti is THE player to replace him BIG TIME!

Thanks for everything R but time to move on and good luck in any new ventures that you embark upon.

Reactions: DPE

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love saiss but we looked very good when it was kilman coady and Toti. Think saiss needs dropping now. Still a great servant and think some of the level of criticism is slightly harsh.
Agreed, very harsh and unnecessary at times. Someone earlier said he may have been concussed after the (unpunished) elbow to the face. Given how good he was up to Christmas - instantly forgotten by some - this is possible, although he hasn't been on top form since ACON.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boly Kilman Coady Toti Saiss Mosquera Sanderson . Who makes the cut for next season ?
Probably let Saiss or Boly go, then loan out Sanderson again.
Leaving killman and Mosquera on the right, Boly and Toti on the left. With Coady in the middle.

Perhaps even let both Saiss and Boly go and bring in a new one.

5 is plenty though, Toti and Mosquera will need to get some game time.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still have no idea why anyone think Mosquera is ready for first team football.
Very few first team games before he came to Wolves, looks very raw to me, can see him loaned Grasshoppers and we keep Toti

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is going to sound absolutely barmy and definatly says more about our lack of squad depth/quality than anything else, but I would play him in the CF position on Saturday, with two of Podence/Neto/Hwang off him.

Sounds bizarre I know, but picture the scene, the ball gets played into feet/chest/head of either Saiss, Silva or Hwang - who do you back for it to be more likely to stick to? The ball gets played into the box, who do you back to finish, both with head and feet ? Infact, pull up stats and I bet Saiss has more than those two. It is absolutely tragic I know, but I would rather have Saiss upfront over Silva/Hwang. He is an horrible ******* to play against too, ideal for a scrappy Derby because Hwang/Silva will just get bullied.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is going to sound absolutely barmy and definatly says more about our lack of squad depth/quality than anything else, but I would play him in the CF position on Saturday, with two of Podence/Neto/Hwang off him.

Sounds bizarre I know, but picture the scene, the ball gets played into feet/chest/head of either Saiss, Silva or Hwang - who do you back for it to be more likely to stick to? The ball gets played into the box, who do you back to finish, both with head and feet ? Infact, pull up stats and I bet Saiss has more than those two. It is absolutely tragic I know, but I would rather have Saiss upfront over Silva/Hwang. He is an horrible ******* to play against too, ideal for a scrappy Derby because Hwang/Silva will just get bullied.
Not a bad idea we have no one that can lead the line

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd let him go.

We should be signing a better CB in the summer, then we have the likes of Mosquera and Toti as cover.

We shouldn't need Saiss.

Reaction score
Love this Wolves TV video with Romain today (it just missed Coady or Nelson coming behind him and pranking him!). He's such a great character. It really does seem like a goodbye video, though.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saisse is a vital part of one of the best defences in the league this season. I’d be very hesitant to let him go.
We could very well regret it.

Saiss in the drivers seat now with him being out of contract.

I'm 50 50 with Saiss. Like him, done really well for us, seems great character but he's one who we can/should upgrade on.

If he does stay, it should only be as a squad player.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This guy has been appalling for months now and has cost us numerous goals yet he still starts? What the **** is going on with our management

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He has been a very good servant for us,

However he needs a move as much as we need to move on.

Back
Top Bottom