Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Roger Johnson loses his case

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
In the High Court against the Surgeon who undertook his knee operation

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not bothered either way to be honest . OHara and Johnson were two of the worst characters ever at our club.. They played pivotal and toxic roles in our demise to League one.
For ever grateful to Kenny Jacket for getting us back up. Was delighted when they both left....... Their decline in football thereafter was very telling.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Not bothered either way to be honest . OHara and Johnson were two of the worst characters ever at our club.. They played pivotal and toxic roles in our demise to League one.
For ever grateful to Kenny Jacket for getting us back up. Was delighted when they both left....... Their decline in football thereafter was very telling.

Rumours afterwards were Brum were glad to be rid of him as he was toxic in the dressing room and so it proved.

As for OHara, while he didn’t deserve some of the antics of a number of ‘fans’ he didn’t do much to endear himself either.

And to think we got Moutinho for the same money………

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was always going to lose.

His case was against a world renowned surgeon, responsible for saving the careers of many athletes. As I understand it, that same surgeon advised him not to go to Thailand during his recovery from the operation. He went anyway.

Whether or not that was a reason for him losing the case, I don’t know, but I would imagine if he suffered complications after not following the advice of his surgeon, it’s going to be difficult to prove it was the surgeon’s fault!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

His case was against a world renowned surgeon, responsible for saving the careers of many athletes. As I understand it, that same surgeon advised him not to go to Thailand during his recovery from the operation. He went anyway.

Whether or not that was a reason for him losing the case, I don’t know, but I would imagine if he suffered complications after not following the advice of his surgeon, it’s going to be difficult to prove it was the surgeon’s fault!
My recent operation was done to correct issues arising from a previous operation. There was about a 5% chance of what happened occurring. I didn't dream of trying legal action for a known risk.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sueing a surgeon?? In the UK?? These professional nobs - surgeons, lawyers, judges etc. They stick together like **** to a blanket.

justanotherwolf

Reaction score

I have a very dim view of Johnson for his part in the shenanigans that went on - imo he's much more culpable than O'Hara.

However, having your career ended at 32 and probably having problems for the rest of your life is a very harsh consequence that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

I remember reading the circumstances when Johnson announced he was suing the surgeon - what came across to me was just how mollycoddled/naïve he and footballers in general can be - because the Dr didn't ban him from the Thailand trip it's the Drs fault that something went wrong.

Drs response - of course I couldn't ban him, but anyone with any common sense would know it's a bad idea, he's a grown adult - probably matches most people's.

It does expose however that (probably as a result of clubs doing more and more for players who get further and further from a 'normal' life in mainstream society) players often don't develop basic life skills and personal responsibility most of us do by 16/18/21.

Then we wonder why so many ex-pros struggle to adjust when all the blankets and safety nets are suddenly pulled away in their thirties...

Back
Top Bottom