Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Relegation? No chance

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading through many threads I'm surprised people are still saying we need to keep one eye on relegation? Assuming Sheffield and Albion are down, for us to drop to 18th, even if we lose all 10 remaining games, all this has to happen - Fulham and Brighton both have to make up 9pts, Toon 8pts, Burnley 5pts, Soton 2pts and Palace 1pt. Toon's and Palace's GD is presently 8 worse than us, and Burnley's is 7 worse than us. All these sides have to overtake us for us to go down. It would be an impossibility for us to lose all 10 games and for all those sides to make up all that ground, surely? I accept people will still say let's get to the magic 40 pts or let's wait till it's mathematically sure but I think it's reasonable to make comments about the way to go this season and for next season without relegation being a consideration?

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Reading through many threads I'm surprised people are still saying we need to keep one eye on relegation? Assuming Sheffield and Albion are down, for us to drop to 18th, even if we lose all 10 remaining games, all this has to happen - Fulham and Brighton both have to make up 9pts, Toon 8pts, Burnley 5pts, Soton 2pts and Palace 1pt. Toon's and Palace's GD is presently 8 worse than us, and Burnley's is 7 worse than us. All these sides have to overtake us for us to go down. It would be an impossibility for us to lose all 10 games and for all those sides to make up all that ground, surely? I accept people will still say let's get to the magic 40 pts or let's wait till it's mathematically sure but I think it's reasonable to make comments about the way to go this season and for next season without relegation being a consideration?
It’s super positive posts like these that poke one in the eye for the doomsayers. Well done that man.

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde as he’s doing the rounds on other threads, ‘some posters think Wolves are in the gutter, but there are some posters like NNW who are always looking up at the stars’

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although i agree its highly improbable we will get dragged into the mix we have to play Fulham,Brighton Burnley,WBrom and Sheff Utd
Plus we also have Liverpool Spurs Everton WHam and Man Utd
You just know how we usually play against the "fodder" teams, and lose those games and the picture changes dramatically
As i said i dont doubt we will get enough on the board to stay clear but to say its impossible is far from correct just yet

Reaction score
Agree with the OP, but as a Wolves fan that choke year is always at the back of my mind.
Never count your chickens before they hatch!

Can't wait until we're mathematically safe and we can play with the shackles off.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This coming from the same poster who was saying we were going down and wanted Nuno out just a couple of weeks ago. Now trying to lead the way being optimistic
To be fair, Id be in the happy clapper camp, if a bipartisan approach was adopted, yet I too thought we were going down pre Feb!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At Christmas it looked like 35 points would be more than enough to be safe but Fulham have really picked up. If we didn't get any more points it would probably see us relegated but looking at our fixtures there's more chance of West Ham winning the league than us losing the next ten.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to need more than last season i tend to agree.Teams have gone on terrible runs at times just don't want it to be your team at the end. Looking at anything over 40 pts to feel secure.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Screenshot_20210308-220417_Chrome.jpg

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we'll go down, but if we stay on 35 points we will easily go down.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This coming from the same poster who was saying we were going down and wanted Nuno out just a couple of weeks ago. Now trying to lead the way being optimistic
I started this thread not to come across all optimistic but rather I was surprised that some posters were saying we should keep things tight, don't take risks as relegation was still a possibility. I looked at the league table and could not understand, even if we don't get another point, how we could go down.
On a point of order please find one quote from me where I said we would go down. If you find one I will send £50 to a charity of your choice.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need two wins to feel comfortable. Relegation is not impossible just unlikely. With Boly and hopefully Podence back we should be ok. 'Not being relegated' has turned into the main aim of our club this season. We have fallen a long way. I expect Fulham to go on a run now, Newcastle most in danger because of their devastating injuries to strikers etc. Brighton in danger but should escape as should Burnley. Palace should be ok. West Brom and Sheff U definitely down.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have said on other threads we can't just assume we will stay out of a relegation fight. After 40 years of disappointment I never count my chickens with this club!

I do recognise that we only really need a couple wins and we will be more or less safe. But who expected Fulham to win at Liverpool - 4 or 5 suprises like that and we are at risk.

To be honest if we fail to win two or three more, when we have Brighton, Sheffield, Albion, and Fulham still to play then we don't deserve to stay up.

I just can't bring my self to say 'it will be fine' - I am sure it will, but I just can't say it out loud just yet.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@northnorfolkwolf ,
I’m not disagreeing with you.....but truthfully I don’t see why you started this thread if you feel we’re safe? What are you getting at? What actually is this thread about?

Although you have posted, ‘no chance’......well, there IS a chance.
We can run through all the different possibilities and permutations until the cows come home but the fact is Wolves Co. and Wolves fans will have to wait to be mathematically safe.

I can’t speak for anyone but myself but me thinking we’ll be safe is not the same of knowing we’re safe.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did he say Wolves are going down?

He genuinely seems to feel that Nuno is not good enough for our future, ( at least , I think that’s his position ).
So what? It’s just an opinion.

Consider this.....he may be right. ( personally, I dunno ).
Can Nuno take us to the promised land?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@northnorfolkwolf ,
I’m not disagreeing with you.....but truthfully I don’t see why you started this thread if you feel we’re safe? What are you getting at? What actually is this thread about?

Although you have posted, ‘no chance’......well, there IS a chance.
We can run through all the different possibilities and permutations until the cows come home but the fact is Wolves Co. and Wolves fans will have to wait to be mathematically safe.

I can’t speak for anyone but myself but me thinking we’ll be safe is not the same of knowing we’re safe.
I agree, VW. I was also going to post similar, but with the time difference, you beat me to it. The OP states 'All these sides have to overtake us for us to go down. It would be an impossibility for us to lose all 10 games and for all those sides to make up all that ground, surely?' Definitely not impossible for us to go down. Improbable, but not impossible!

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A thread dedicated to us discussing how we won't go down....but might.......

Just sums up what a ****ty season it's been all round really, we swiftly gone from - can we do it again second season while enjoying the highs of European travel and nights at molineux to seeing us do as much as be equally successful domestic league wise to...... We shouldn't get relegated but could do with a few more points to be sure.

Big season coming up, need to get to recruitment right in the summer, strengthen where it's obvious we need to and sort whatever style we want to play so it's ready for the big kick off.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham could win 5/6 games their on song at the moment they could easily climb the table! We never win down there also!

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

I started this thread not to come across all optimistic but rather I was surprised that some posters were saying we should keep things tight, don't take risks as relegation was still a possibility. I looked at the league table and could not understand, even if we don't get another point, how we could go down.
On a point of order please find one quote from me where I said we would go down. If you find one I will send £50 to a charity of your choice.
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. :mad:

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This reminds me of the ‘Done and dusted’ thread. That got me twitchy too :p

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should be fine, but I wouldn't want to play Fulham away on 10th April with something riding on it.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham could win 5/6 games their on song at the moment they could easily climb the table! We never win down there also!
All of the other teams currently below us in the league are below us in the form table.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The opening post is right .
Here are some facts for the last 7 completed ‘rounds”
Of the completed round match 20 to 27 there has been no significant movement by any of the bottom 10 teams , bar Southampton - that team went downwards.

That does not consider match 28 which is Fulham’s win over Liverpool. As 5 of the bottom teams haven’t played that 28th match.

So the chances of the bottom seven clubs all catching up in us is about 5% at best.
To prove the point with 18 matches to play we were 9 points off the relegation zone , today even after the Fulham run we are still 9 points off the relegation zone with only 10 matches to play

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom