Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Refereeing Advice

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I've not been in your position, but I'm a well travelled Sunday league player.

Guess I'd say, you're not the players friends, but they're also not your enemy. Do what you need to do to maintain control even it's harsh. The sin bin for dissent is really useful these days, soon makes a mouthy team stfu.

P.S maintaining control doesn't mean two footing players for dissent.

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
No, just ref it as you'd hope to be reffed.
Talk to the players, explain what it is that you saw (even if it's entirely different to what everyone else did as is often the case), be assertive and clear but don't take yourself too seriously and enjoy the match!

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who’s the bigger team? Try and give them everything, even if it isn’t a handball, point to the penalty spot if it looks like a 0-0 might be on. Just remember to book the opposition whilst laughing and joking with the winners and you’ll soon find yourself on the books of PGMOL.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leave your white stick on the touchline.

Seriously, on the occasions I reffed I found talking/explaining, smiling and reminding them it's a game not a war helped.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who’s the bigger team? Try and give them everything, even if it isn’t a handball, point to the penalty spot if it looks like a 0-0 might be on. Just remember to book the opposition whilst laughing and joking with the winners and you’ll soon find yourself on the books of PGMOL.
Hahahahahahahaha haha!

T

TheConcourse

I always preferred refs who spoke through the game and were very clear about why they gave decisions. Not lectures, just a quick sentence.

Good luck, buddy.

Me Babbies

Reaction score
Try standing still fir a few seconds with your finger in your ear, going "a-hu, OK, ohh."
Then " that's a load of S***e"
Then shurg to one of the players and say VAR is Hopeless....

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Late with the advice but make sure when you blow your whistle it can actually be heard. Many new referees are too timid when blowing their whistle.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A real referee turned up with 2 minutes to go so I was relegated to linesman! I felt pitiful with a whistle in my pocket and home made yellow and red cards in my other one!
Aww gutted.

I know that feeling from when I was a kid. I'd not long started out playing keeper but I got asked to play for the school team because the regular keeper had been off sick. I did the warm up and we had the team talk only for the other keeper turn up in his kit about 5mins before kick off and the teacher/manager let him play! I was fuming.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A real referee turned up with 2 minutes to go so I was relegated to linesman! I felt pitiful with a whistle in my pocket and home made yellow and red cards in my other one!
That’s gutting, but you can stand in front of the mirror at home and practice giving out yellow and red cards just like you were Mike Dean

Back
Top Bottom