Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Reepa video

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Posted on the Wolves Twitter site, I don’t recall seeing it on the Mix so apologies if already been posted on here,

It’s a video by a local grime artist about Wolves and Wolverhampton. Some great references, atmospheric and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
Saw this on YouTube on the weekend. Just had time to watch first minute or so.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just off to work, will listen later.

Dawnwolf

Reaction score
Not normally my type of music, but thought it was great.

Agree, it should be played at home games prematch.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

Posted on the Wolves Twitter site, I don’t recall seeing it on the Mix so apologies if already been posted on here,

It’s a video by a local grime artist about Wolves and Wolverhampton. Some great references, atmospheric and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
Fantastic that. Hadn't seen it, thanks for sharing.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tried my best, but I just couldn't get through it. Not for me unfortunately - nothing I could really hum along to :tearsofjoy:

Presumably a product of the Wolves music thingy? The production value was decent, so they're doing a good job it seems. Hopefully it gets pushed well, but outside of the Wolves circle there will be very little interest in it for obvious reasons....so I'm not actually sure what the bigger picture is here?

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I tried my best, but I just couldn't get through it. Not for me unfortunately - nothing I could really hum along to :tearsofjoy:

Presumably a product of the Wolves music thingy? The production value was decent, so they're doing a good job it seems. Hopefully it gets pushed well, but outside of the Wolves circle there will be very little interest in it for obvious reasons....so I'm not actually sure what the bigger picture is here?
He’s clearly talented, but like you say, absolutely no market for it outside of Wolves fans, it depends what Reepa wants, if he wants to be a national grime artist I doubt this is the right route for doing it.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not normally my thing but it’s good and should be played before games. I presume it’s produced by Wolves music so shows what they can do and also presents Grime in a different light, not many (any) clubs have a Grime track extolling their virtues.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Wish they waited for the transfer window to close before releasing this. How many named players will still be here?
Loved it, but sadly that was my second thought too. Could get away with Boly, Cundle references, even MGW if he goes at a stretch, but the first named player is Coady...

Still loved it though (despite not being my sort of thing either!)

Snarlingwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Being an old git, I don’t normally like this sort of “music”/sound/visual medium but I thought this was brilliant!!!

Spoken with the deep pure passion of a true Wolves supporter.

Deserves as much air-play (or whatever the terminology is nowadays) as possible, IMO. :cool:

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One city, one club.

Annoys me a bit more isn’t made of that, ala Newcastle.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As an old git I'd normally find this kind of thing all a little want to be gangster

But it's actually really good. Very well written and produced and gave me some goosebumps. Fairplay to that young man.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That should definatly be included in the pre match build up too id agree

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just me thinking it was pretty crap then? Good production quality though.

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Problem with stuff like this, as good as it is. Is that it’s dated before it’s released. I very much doubt we will be playing tunes referencing Conor Coady as our Captain. Just smacks of being amateur and out of date.

Reaction score
It would have been odd to release this in September. Some of the lyrics did strike me as carefully worded to avoid it dating too quickly:
"A strong captain *like* Coady..."
"This is where Gibbs-White *started*..."

If we keep signing new players with the same names as the existing squad, that will also help!

Back
Top Bottom