Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Realistic sale fees

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope not. I think Podence is a player who has enhanced his reputation by his absence during some difficult times. He is, like Hwang, a good squad player. I don't see him as first name on the team sheet in a fully fit team. He gives away the ball too often in dangerous positions and sometimes just seems to drift out of games altogether. He also does the prolonged lying down pretending dead, after a foul that has not been given, thing - that puts us a man down defending counter attacks. Has had some good moments, but they are balanced out by all of the above in my opinion.
I take on board the points you make and agree that he has irritating tendencies to (a) dive and (b) sometimes lose the ball in good positions. But I think if he gets himself in the gym and builds his strength up he won't be knocked off the ball so easily. As for losing the ball, this is a problem with all playmakers - they have to take risks to try and open up defences down the middle. We can't rely on getting the ball in from wide positions all the time.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take on board the points you make and agree that he has irritating tendencies to (a) dive and (b) sometimes lose the ball in good positions. But I think if he gets himself in the gym and builds his strength up he won't be knocked off the ball so easily. As for losing the ball, this is a problem with all playmakers - they have to take risks to try and open up defences down the middle. We can't rely on getting the ball in from wide positions all the time.
I actually thought he looked most effective playing alongside Fabio. I would have liked to have seen how that partnership developed.

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Even if we do have a substantial pot to reinvest after sales from major outgoings I still have major doubts with Jeff/Scott's ability to bring the right players in. We are no longer that project from 2018 and appear to spend so much time looking at unrealistic targets that really have no intention or interest coming to Wolves and left scampering around with a few days left of the window getting any body in. Having said that I really do hope I am wrong this summer and we start to identify / capture / recruit targets in a much more professional manner for the 1st team.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way we’re getting £50m for Neves.

It’ll be more like £30-£35m.

Back
Top Bottom