Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Realistic sale fees

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clear Bruno wants 2-3 signings plus replacing any outgoings. With no money to invest without sales how much will we have?

Neves - £45-50m
Saiss - £0 plus wages
Ruddy - £0 plus wages
Marcal - £0 plus wages
Sanderson - £3 million
Mgw - £15m - I think we all know what will happen
Giles - £5m

I’m not sure who else will be sold realistically.

Personally I would sell coady. I think we could get £15 million and won’t ever get more for him. Although obviously massive losing coady, ruddy, and neves - the 3 captains essentially.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two of those look far too low!

MGW hasn't had the English youth tarriff added! No way he should be sold for less than £20m, absolute scandal if so. No other English Prem team would accept that.

Coady too. He's a full English international and our club captain. You'd be giving him away for £15m. Even if you ignore slabhead for £80m, Ben White went for £50m!

If we continually undervalue our players the buy to sell model can never work, and we'll be back in the Championship no matter who is managing us before long!

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clear Bruno wants 2-3 signings plus replacing any outgoings. With no money to invest without sales how much will we have?

Neves - £45-50m
Saiss - £0 plus wages
Ruddy - £0 plus wages
Marcal - £0 plus wages
Sanderson - £3 million
Giles - £5m

Personally I would sell coady. I think we could get £15 million and won’t ever get more for him. Although obviously massive losing coady, ruddy, and neves - the 3 captains essentially.
Traore? Must be worth 5-10m to somebody

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Neves - £45-50m
Saiss - £0 plus wages
Ruddy - £0 plus wages
Marcal - £0 plus wages
Sanderson - £3 million
Giles - £5m

I'd add MGW will go for closer to potentially 30M but most of it will be performance related, I think 15-20m will be around the upfront fee, Plus sell on clause etc
The rest are spot on though tbf I'd hope for more for Neves but it's the Menses carousel.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Neves will go for about £45m, Adama will go for £15m, we might sell Ronan and Sanderson for say £3m or £4m, and I think we will see a surprise in Donk or Jiminez going for another £15m each. The one they probably didn't budget for is selling MGW for say £20m which is looking likely.

That is close to £100m and don't forget we also made about £20m profit.

I would be extremely surprised if they spent all that, but look who the have replace out of the 1st team squad if this scenario happened, along with the players already left;

Neves
Jiminez
Donk
Saiss
Ruddy
Trincao

That is before you add to the squad depth.

They must have a plan to have allowed Saiss and Ruddy to leave. Even if Sasis wanted an extra £50k a week to stay that's only £2.6m a year - say £5m over 2 years. That's peanuts compared to signing a younger quality replacement with transfer fees, signing on fees, and agent fees etc.

So they must have a plan and have targets that make both football and financial sense or Sasis in particular wouldn't be going.

I think we are going to be relatively happy with this window. I think they will pick up some quality younger (maybe as part of a swap deal for Neves) and one or two more established players but they will be high energy pressing types so Bruno can play how he wants.

With the players potentially leaving they simply have to spend, unless they are playing to rely on our youngsters, loan players, and frees - I just can't see it.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Neves - £45-50m
Saiss - £0 plus wages
Ruddy - £0 plus wages
Marcal - £0 plus wages
Sanderson - £3 million
Giles - £5m

Gibbs-White will be a minimum of £20m plus add ons likely taking it to around £30m if we sell, and we'd get £20m-£25m for Coady

We also have the fee for Vinagre - around £9m I think, anything we pull in for Cutrone and the Traore situation which could end up being anything to be honest. He might stay, he might go with a year left on his deal, he might sign an extension and go for £25m+

So with that lot plus Neves it's quite probable that they'd pull in well over £100m, and if we have the (reported) net spend of around £30m this season there's enough there for a pretty big overhaul

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gibbs-White will be a minimum of £20m plus add ons likely taking it to around £30m if we sell, and we'd get £20m-£25m for Coady

We also have the fee for Vinagre - around £9m I think, anything we pull in for Cutrone and the Traore situation which could end up being anything to be honest. He might stay, he might go with a year left on his deal, he might sign an extension and go for £25m+

So with that lot plus Neves it's quite probable that they'd pull in well over £100m, and if we have the (reported) net spend of around £30m this season there's enough there for a pretty big overhaul
But we don't need an overhaul; we just need a moutinho upgrade and another striker.

W

WasStefan

Giles will come back as Marcal replacement. Sanderson as Saiss replacement. Joking but it wouldn’t surprise me.

But Zinchenko and Ake are surplus to requirements. We should move heaven and earth to sign both

Neves and MGW sale will fund Palhinha and another midfielder. But i’d like us to go for Palhinha, R. Sanches and another

Jimenez sale will fund his replacement

Keep Traore for the season, any nominal fee at this stage is irrelevant

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we don't need an overhaul; we just need a moutinho upgrade and another striker.
Eh?! We'll need to replace Neves for one! Also need a proper centre back, the places vacated by Saiss, Ruddy, Marcal and whoever you choose from Trincao or Gibbs-White will need filling and we need another midfielder on top of that even if Moutinho stays

Last season should have been an overhaul, this season needs to be

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Giles will come back as Marcal replacement. Sanderson as Saiss replacement. Joking but it wouldn’t surprise me.

But Zinchenko and Ake are surplus to requirements. We should move heaven and earth to sign both

Neves and MGW sale will fund Palhinha and another midfielder. But i’d like us to go for Palhinha, R. Sanches and another

Jimenez sale will fund his replacement

Keep Traore for the season, any nominal fee at this stage is irrelevant

The problem with signing Sanches is that you would need to sign AN Other to cover for the times he is out injured (Wink).

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves will be £50 million
MGW £20 million
Traore £10 million
Vinagre £8 million
Saiss, Marcal, Trincao and Ruddys wages saved.

We’ll will buy **** he chan for £14 million.

That’s £74 million assuming they’re the last to leave….which I doubt. The likes of Donk are wasting away here, if we could get £20 million.

And all of that assuming there is no additional investment from the club which we are more than capable of doing.

That’s a good amount to spend with some clever loan to buys.

We could easily spend £100 million this summer, Palinha will be £20 million of that and we’d still need another 2 to 3 midfielders, a defender, a striker and another wide forward.

I can’t get past how big this summer is for us.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we will be lucky to get much more than 10 million for Adama. Cant see 5 million outright for Giles.

I keep saying it, but even before we lose a single player we need to sign a striker, wide attacker, midfielder and center half for the first team. I think if we are incredibly lucky and efficient with our signings thats going to be 60 million minimum before we even have to replace anyone else that leaves.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eh?! We'll need to replace Neves for one! Also need a proper centre back, the places vacated by Saiss, Ruddy, Marcal and whoever you choose from Trincao or Gibbs-White will need filling and we need another midfielder on top of that even if Moutinho stays

Last season should have been an overhaul, this season needs to be
Will we?
I'll believe Neves is going when he is actually going. At the moment links to Barca i won't believe until they come back with some cash.
Without Trincao we have Chiquinho Neto Podence Traore and hwang. Maybe we sell Traore. Maybe we don't.
I'll add a centre half to that. But 6-8 players is exactly what we don't need; unless we want to fill up the squad with more crap.

Jeru360

Reaction score
What are the chances we get a player in return for Vinagre? Or a more expensive player on a reduced fee? Sporting have a trove of good players.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are the chances we get a player in return for Vinagre? Or a more expensive player on a reduced fee? Sporting have a trove of good players.
Yes, very much this.

Also remember we have a sell on clause for Goncalves which could be amended or even removed.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bonatini and Cutrone might raise a few million between them, think we will sell Ronan too. Not much but gets some wages off the payroll too.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Neves - £45-50m
Saiss - £0 plus wages
Ruddy - £0 plus wages
Marcal - £0 plus wages
Sanderson - £3 million
Giles - £5m

Podence and Boly seem wobbly and I wouldn't be surprised if they left

Oldwolf

Reaction score
Looking at the retained list advised by the Club this last week, we have 16 Players over the age of 24 under contract, included in this list are Bonatini, Cutrone and Conor Ronan. A staggering 48 are listed under the age of 24 are still under contract. Appears to me that we have Quantity over Quality. There must be a great opportunity to move on for nominal sums quite a number of these players.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bonatini and Cutrone might raise a few million between them, think we will sell Ronan too. Not much but gets some wages off the payroll too.
Bonatini won't get us a penny more. He's out of contract this summer

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves will be £50 million
MGW £20 million
Traore £10 million
Vinagre £8 million
Saiss, Marcal, Trincao and Ruddys wages saved.

We’ll will buy **** he chan for £14 million.

That’s £74 million assuming they’re the last to leave….which I doubt. The likes of Donk are wasting away here, if we could get £20 million.

And all of that assuming there is no additional investment from the club which we are more than capable of doing.

That’s a good amount to spend with some clever loan to buys.

We could easily spend £100 million this summer, Palinha will be £20 million of that and we’d still need another 2 to 3 midfielders, a defender, a striker and another wide forward.

I can’t get past how big this summer is for us.

I think that’s fair. But with the likes of Palhinha and Pedrinho added to Donk and Mouts in midfield, and the likes of Cundle getting more games, I think we could have a solid midfield. Add in Seferovic as a loan striker up front to bolster Raul and Silva, and we likely still have 50m or so to buy a quality CB and perhaps another experienced wife forward.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why on earth would we sell MGW after he finally gets the experience to get into the team and we’ve offered him a new contract?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me we should be building a team around Podence who is our only creative spark, maybe with MGW as backup.
But he doesnt seem happy . And he is is absent due to his numerous injuries.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed - as long as we also get a replacement for anyone who leaves. Including a quality CH for Saiss and a reserve keeper. Not "ones for the future", please, ready to go at Premier Level, too.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me we should be building a team around Podence who is our only creative spark, maybe with MGW as backup.
Hope not. I think Podence is a player who has enhanced his reputation by his absence during some difficult times. He is, like Hwang, a good squad player. I don't see him as first name on the team sheet in a fully fit team. He gives away the ball too often in dangerous positions and sometimes just seems to drift out of games altogether. He also does the prolonged lying down pretending dead, after a foul that has not been given, thing - that puts us a man down defending counter attacks. Has had some good moments, but they are balanced out by all of the above in my opinion.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Neves - £45-50m
Saiss - £0 plus wages
Ruddy - £0 plus wages
Marcal - £0 plus wages
Sanderson - £3 million
Giles - £5m

Ridiculous prices

Back
Top Bottom