Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Realistic or Dreamland..

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would like to know peoples realistic players going into next season, would the following work, or am I dreaming?

Sa
Semedo - Inàcio - Kilman - RAN
Palhinha - Niko Gonzàlez
Guedes - MGW - Neto
Raul

The one main factor in all this though is unfortunately Connor Coady. Can’t see us dropping him, so we’ll most likely stick to a back 5 again next year.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dreaming with Inacio, not long signed a new contract.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would like to know peoples realistic players going into next season, would the following work, or am I dreaming?

Sa
Palhinha - Niko Gonzàlez
Guedes - MGW - Neto
Raul

The one main factor in all this though is unfortunately Connor Coady. Can’t see us dropping him, so we’ll most likely stick to a back 5 again next year.
Dreaming I’m afraid and where’s Jonny

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Sa
Palhinha - Niko Gonzàlez
Guedes - MGW - Neto
Raul

Only one I reckon is unrealistic there is Inacio.

Has to be a chance of Gonzalez given our links with Barcelona and the Neves situation. And Guedes certainly isn’t beyond the realms of possibility.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most of it looks plausible to me, wouldn’t mind seeing that.
Being as Inacio is the least likely, and would leave us a glut of left footed CBs could cope with his omission.

Coady is definitely the conundrum. That shape/formation looks quite balanced, in terms of player attributes. The big sticking point is a centre back that’s quick enough to play in a 4, but has the wherewithal to organise a 4. Cos I don’t see Boly keeping RAN and Kilman in line.

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Palhinha - Niko Gonzàlez
Guedes - MGW - Neto
Raul

No Talisca!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think inacio is unrealistic, especially with sporting financial situation, unrealistic that we might pay 40m , yes ..

But as with our deals already with sporting, not unrealistic that we might pay 30m , for instance and have a 50/50 split on a future deal over that price...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Inacio should be a no brainer signing. A bit like Dias, it's clear he is going to be a top, top player. We need to get in for these players now even at 30-40 million before they turn into 60 million plus players and the big boys grab them.
Agree, I think it's like us going for Ruben Diaz 12 months earlier than we were rumoured to have done...

Said earlier we may get him a bit cheaper if we are prepared to let sporting have a percentage of the next sale.....30m nw plus 25%...or summat ....that way we get him for a couple of seasons.....he could potentially make the Portugal squad for the world cup as it's an area they are very short in....

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady is becoming a massive problem.

I think from a football perspective he is nowhere near good enough but I also respect how much he offers as a captain and he is clearly loved by all in the dressing room.

So to lose that this summer would be a massive risk.

Yet, as mentioned above, keep him and you kind of feel he has to play. Does he maintain the same influence as a leader if he is a squad player? Then, if he does play every week we can't play a back four.

I would personally sell him but it is a tough situation to be in.

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score

I think from a football perspective he is nowhere near good enough but I also respect how much he offers as a captain and he is clearly loved by all in the dressing room.

Yet, as mentioned above, keep him and you kind of feel he has to play. Does he maintain the same influence as a leader if he is a squad player? Then, if he does play every week we can't play a back four.

I don’t think the long range passing quality he used to show on the pitch is even showing, ever since we sold Doherty. I really struggle with the concept of us continuing to build our entire team around him, despite him being such a top bloke and organiser.

Jeru360

Reaction score
Inacio should be a no brainer signing. A bit like Dias, it's clear he is going to be a top, top player. We need to get in for these players now even at 30-40 million before they turn into 60 million plus players and the big boys grab them.
Agreed. I would think this is the type of player Jeff would want to bring in as they will make a decent profit selling him on in two to three years time.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny - Kilman - Toti - Giles
Almedia - Gonzàlez - Palhinha
Neto - Chiquinho
Guedes

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That looks a very ambitious line up. As for this Palhinha , is he any good ?

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score

He’s loved at England too where he’s a squad player, at his stage of career would he want to be on the bench?
He’s a great asset, his spirit is a big positive but if a bid came in from Newcastle I’d definitely sell.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Ruddy stayed despite him hardly playing - He was very well liked throughout the team.However I think our captain is more important to our squad.He holds it together & influences both foreign & uk players.
The problem we have is that he wants to be playing. He has a big heart & sitting on a bench wouldn"t do for him.
This situtation is going to get worse if we change our playing style (which we have to if we are to progress).It msy mean that he has to move on unfortunately

I would keep him at the club forever. Offer him a backroom role - he"s that important

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still think its hilarious people only single out Coady with the back 4 thing. I personally dont think he is a back 4 center half myself, but you can level any argument about Coady to Kilman, Gomes and Boly. Not one of them have shown us they can play in a 4 successfully.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Inacio may be very promising at his age but if we’re looking to switch to a back 4, not 100% convinced he’d be the player to splash 30-40m on to do it right now. He’s only ever had experience playing in a back 3 for Sporting and is still prone to making errors at this stage of his career.

Would happily eat my words if he signed and became an instant success though

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Inacio may be very promising at his age but if we’re looking to switch to a back 4, not 100% convinced he’d be the player to splash 30-40m on to do it right now. He’s only ever had experience playing in a back 3 for Sporting and is still prone to making errors at this stage of his career.

Would happily eat my words if he signed and became an instant success though

I just think you have to jump on these sort of players. Adeyemi is another. Its pretty much what Dortmund do a fair bit and its the only way we will keep this sell to buy strategy going.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Sa
Palhinha - Niko Gonzàlez
Guedes - MGW - Neto
Raul

For me, if you simply swap out Inacio for Milenkovic or Tapsoba, this is the perfect team to start next season. I think this team easily fights for Europe.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa
Palhinha - Niko Gonzàlez
Guedes - MGW - Neto
Raul

Which is fine if we play more on the front foot.
Effectively here you’re dropping a proven, valued England player for someone who has never performed at this level.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member sbk12944

I agree he looks like he’s going to be a top player, but he needs someone to dominate next to him imo, someone that can do the physical aspect side of the game like Dias.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Why would he leave Sporting his home rather than just wait a few years like Dias did and go straight into a big club though?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would he leave Sporting his home rather than just wait a few years like Dias did and go straight into a big club though?
Money, plus what we have done for young Portuguese players here like Neves, Jota and Neto, its a solid stepping stone for young players.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously all just for fun, but maybe something like this would be considered potentially realistic?

Outgoings:
Neves - £45-50m (Would ideally be wanting more for him, but I think that's the most we'll realistically get)
Podence - £15-20m (If rumours are true that he's unhappy etc. although I do like him - Would rather sell Hwang though if poss!)
Adama - £10-15m (Presuming he still wants to leave & doesn't want to sign a new contract..)
Dendoncker - £10-15m
Vinagre - £8m (already confirmed!)
Sanderson - £3m

TOTAL: £91m ~ £111m

Incomings:
Palhinha - £25m
Goncalo Guedes - £18m
Nico Gonzalez - £18m
Milenkovic - £20m ~ £30m
Andre Almeida - £6.5m
Guilherme Guedes - £3m & to be loaned to grasshoppers (had to fit at least one in there!)
NEW Backup GK - £3m
Martim Neto - Free

TOTAL: £93.5m ~ £103.5m

Would leave us with something like this:

1654257112425.png

Image above shows us set up in a 4-4-2 with Guedes SS, but really with the options available, you could play any variation of a back 4, with players swapped around where needed. e.g. MGW as the SS, or in a 4-3-3 as the most advanced midfielder, etc.

WolvesKop

Reaction score
Obviously all just for fun, but maybe something like this would be considered potentially realistic?

Outgoings:
Neves - £45-50m (Would ideally be wanting more for him, but I think that's the most we'll realistically get)
Podence - £15-20m (If rumours are true that he's unhappy etc. although I do like him - Would rather sell Hwang though if poss!)
Adama - £10-15m (Presuming he still wants to leave & doesn't want to sign a new contract..)
Dendoncker - £10-15m
Sanderson - £3m

Incomings:
Palhinha - £25m
Goncalo Guedes - £18m
Nico Gonzalez - £18m
Milenkovic - £20m ~ £30m
Andre Almeida - £6.5m
Guilherme Guedes - £3m & to be loaned to grasshoppers (had to fit at least one in there!)
NEW Backup GK - £3m
Martim Neto - Free

View attachment 28213

Image above shows us set up in a 4-4-2 with Guedes SS, but really with the options available, you could play any variation of a back 4, with players swapped around where needed. e.g. MGW as the SS, or in a 4-3-3 as the most advanced midfielder, etc.
Who would be our captain?

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would be our captain?
It’s a tough one whatever happens this summer… we lose Neves whose second choice, Moutinho will be 36 y/o, so if he does get a new deal (fingers crossed!!), he might not be starting as frequently as he has before.

Then there’s the Coady conundrum, great captain and a brilliant person to have associated with our club, but not quite sure he warrants building a team around anymore with that back 5 myself. I’m not convinced that he’d settle for being a bench player in a back 4 system and “club” captain like Danny was either, especially with the World Cup around the corner

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We wouldn't need to sell Coady- just give him a reduced role until we know the new formation is embedded. He will always be good around the squad in my opinion.

I think there may still be an argument that Coady comes in for Neto in the big games. Plus, there is also the argument that if it goes pear-shaped we may need to revert to 5 at the back after the World Cup to retain PL status.

But if it goes well in the first half of the season, the time may then come to cash in.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
No need to sell coady imo, if we do move to a back 4 (which I hope we do) there will still be plenty of games where a tactical switch back to a 3 might be needed.

Where we are as a squad means being flexible between 2 systems is needed I think, solid against the big sides and attacking against the lesser.

It's no good picking up battling points against city, Chelsea Liverpool etc if we continue to drop points against the relegation threatened sides

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Money, plus what we have done for young Portuguese players here like Neves, Jota and Neto, its a solid stepping stone for young players.

Whereas playing for Sporting isn't a stepping stone?

Whose that young Portuguese kid they used to have again, oh yeah Cristiano Ronaldo.

Which leaves the option of throwing stupid money at him which we won't do

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Outgoings:
Dendoncker - £10-15m
Sanderson - £3m

Incomings:
Palhinha - £25m
Goncalo Guedes - £18m
Nico Gonzalez - £18m
Milenkovic - £20m ~ £30m
Andre Almeida - £6.5m
NEW Backup GK - £3m
Martim Neto - Free

View attachment 28213

I would have Hwang as the back up for one of the front two rather than a wide forward though.

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Careful. I think that was Jeff’s idea with Silva.

Back
Top Bottom