Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Reaching 30 points

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we’ve reached 31 points after 20 games….thought I’d check back on our other seasons when we reached 31 points….

2020/21 - 25 games - Wolves 1 Leeds 0 to reach 33 points (ended season with 45 points)

2019/20 - 22 games - Wolves 1 Newcastle 1 to reach 31 points (ended season with 59 points)

2018/19 - 23 games - Wolves 4 Leicester 3 to reach 32 points (ended season with 57 points)

Continue our form for the season and we reach 59 points, continue our form for the last 17 games and we reach 64 points.

A long way to go but good signs if we can keep players fit, keep defensively mean and add some goals.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we’ve reached 31 points after 20 games….thought I’d check back on our other seasons when we reached 31 points….

2020/21 - 25 games - Wolves 1 Leeds 0 to reach 33 points (ended season with 45 points)

2019/20 - 22 games - Wolves 1 Newcastle 1 to reach 31 points (ended season with 59 points)

2018/19 - 23 games - Wolves 4 Leicester 3 to reach 32 points (ended season with 57 points)

Continue our form for the season and we reach 59 points, continue our form for the last 17 games and we reach 64 points.

A long way to go but good signs if we can keep players fit, keep defensively mean and add some goals.
Surely this cant be right. We were supposed to be doing so badly that Bruno would be gone by Christmas. :D

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
to my mind this is a very good barometer of how to rate progress this year ….. very positive, only the ’goals for’ column raises an eyebrow.
fingers crossed for more of the same points-wise during the second half of the season

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know every fan of every club does this but I can't help but think of those opening 3 games where we deserved so much more... and a number of other games where we have been very unlucky to drop points. City away etc.

Very impressed with the way Bruno and his team have gone about their business, didn't panic after the opening games and the superb defensive unit they have improved upon... even more so from an out and out attacking manager!

Current form continuing we are going to be a big threat to those clubs above us, and I can assure you no-one fancies playing us right now

Excellent performance and achievement to have got to 30 at this stage and only looking up

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
to my mind this is a very good barometer of how to rate progress this year ….. very positive, only the ’goals for’ column raises an eyebrow.
fingers crossed for more of the same points-wise during the second half of the season
I know it's exciting for games to finish say 3-3 but I'm not so concerned about scoring goals providing our defence is not conceding, which they're not. The confidence this must give the players further up the pitch is massive. I feel now if we score one we will at least get a result, usually a win. Nuno focussed on a strong defence but with the emergence of Kilman this season our defending has got even better. Coady is becoming perhaps England's best CH at present.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know every fan of every club does this but I can't help but think of those opening 3 games where we deserved so much more... and a number of other games where we have been very unlucky to drop points. City away etc.

Very impressed with the way Bruno and his team have gone about their business, didn't panic after the opening games and the superb defensive unit they have improved upon... even more so from an out and out attacking manager!

Current form continuing we are going to be a big threat to those clubs above us, and I can assure you no-one fancies playing us right now

Excellent performance and achievement to have got to 30 at this stage and only looking up
i agree. sky are talking about west ham and top four. we have two games in hand which, if we won both, would put us level with west ham. I doubt we are likely to finish top four but we will be there or thereabouts

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely this cant be right. We were supposed to be doing so badly that Bruno would be gone by Christmas. :D
Mugwump ain't living that one down for a while!

Great stat, OP. With a bit more backing, we could credibly tilt at Europa - more quality in key areas means more tactical flexibility for the gaffer.

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
i agree. sky are talking about west ham and top four. we have two games in hand which, if we won both, would put us level with west ham. I doubt we are likely to finish top four but we will be there or thereabouts
We have a very realistic chance of 7th again, though. What does that get you nowadays? Europa Conference? Any chance of Europa League for 7th, or has that changed with the introduction of the Conference?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I caught a bit of the sky commentary earlier and he said “West Ham have a chance to pull further away from the teams challenging below them, Spurs Arsenal and Man Utd” and I was thinking well ain’t we only a point or two behind?!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overachieving but I’m happy to say Bruno surprised me. We are very much safe now. Beat Brentford we really could start to look at the European places…. We have Neto and Jonny back by the end of February if not before. Therefore I believe we really could kick on. We are a team where confidence & momentum is important..

Brentford A
Arsenal H
Spurs A
Leicester H
WHU A
Palace H

Another 9/10 pts would be good maybe we can go even better?!!!!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Considering that after 5 games many (myself very much included) thought we would really struggle, to be safe and heavily odds on for a top half finish 15 games later is very very impressive. I would have considered anything above last season's finish a success. It feels like it did under Nuno (pre pandemic) now though. We are hard to beat and no one likes playing us

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In fairness we've improved attacking wise in recent weeks whereas we were ultra defensive throughout the autumn. Hopefully the recent goalfest has given the forwards more confidence.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Overachieving but I’m happy to say Bruno surprised me. We are very much safe now. Beat Brentford we really could start to look at the European places…. We have Neto and Jonny back by the end of February if not before. Therefore I believe we really could kick on. We are a team where confidence & momentum is important..

Brentford A
Arsenal H
Spurs A
Leicester H
WHU A
Palace H

Another 9/10 pts would be good maybe we can go even better?!!!!
OMG …this is a tough six…maybe six defeats or maybe …possibly 10 points would be great.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OMG …this is a tough six…maybe six defeats or maybe …possibly 10 points would be great.
FFS. Grow a pair. We are as good or better than most of these teams. 10 points at least

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a very realistic chance of 7th again, though. What does that get you nowadays? Europa Conference? Any chance of Europa League for 7th, or has that changed with the introduction of the Conference?
No chance of Europa league for 7th, every chance the conference goes down to 7th.

It’s only 5th spot that guarantees Europa league, the FA cup winners get the other Europa spot, the league cup winners the conference.
It’s when teams that finish in champions league or the 5th auto Europa spot win the cups, that qualification gets pushed down to 6/7th.

FA cup it’s still far too early, but there’s only Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal left in the league cup, 2 of which are pretty much guaranteed to finish above us, so euro qualification of some sort at this stage is very likely to go down to 6th.

If that helps. There are some gaps above us in the table that we’d have to continue this excellent run to have a chance of reeling in.
Do that, go balls out in the Fa cup, and if we get knocked out, make sure it’s to one of the top 3 and hope they win it.
The midweek Arsenal at home game will be VERY important to European chances.

D

Deleted member (smith)

FFS. Grow a pair. We are as good or better than most of these teams. 10 points at least

for my mental health I manage my expectations carefully..if you grow a pair and expect to win the disappointment is painful. If you expect the worse and it doesn’t happen then you feel much better.

happiness = results> expectations.

if you have been a wolves supporter as long as me you will know this is a good plan ( I saw Dave Wagstaffe and he was magic ) . Selective amnesia is also helpful as I can’t remember division four at all..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom