Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rayan Ait Nouri

SellyWolf

Reaction score
I think it’s probably quite a simple discussion.

He isn’t world class. At the moment.

He has attributes (and is of an age) which suggests he could well in the future be considered ‘world class’.

Having not yet played for his national team, or in an elite European competition, you’d be hard pushed to provide ‘proof’ that he can be considered world class.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's maybe in the top 20-25 left backs/wing-backs in the World already.

There's probably only one on that list who is ahead of him and is younger (Nuno Mendes, PSG, 19).

He will go to the very top of the game.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really like him.
Would describe him as a real live wire who is always trying to get forward and make things happen. Pretty decent defensively. Would not describe him as world class at the moment, but could certainly become so.

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
He is certainly improving that's for sure. Could even see him doing ok in a more advanced position if he was called upon.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN is going right to the top and I hope it is with us.

Great young player who is only going to get better.

With the exception of TAA and Cancelo I wouldn’t swap him for any other Premier League wing back.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN is going right to the top and I hope it is with us.

Great young player who is only going to get better.

With the exception of TAA and Cancelo I wouldn’t swap him for any other Premier League wing back.
He’s not physical like Marcal though let’s hope he bulks up

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Strangely for a young player, he seems to have some stamina issues. Fades towards the end of games and often doesn't last 90 minutes. Also not selected if more than one game in a week. It may be that he exerts himself so much that he burns himself out. I really like him as a player and agree he could go right to the top of the game.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would be absolute top drawer if he could just do more with that final cross or shot. He gets himself into so many good positions.
The own goal against Watford was actually a case in point because his cross was very weak. I would rather he'd given it a good whack into the top corner.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is an observation, not a criticism, but have others noticed that in our goal celebrations, RAN never looks as hyped as the others? I mean he does what’s needed, the obligatory hug and so on, but while most of our players look like they’ve just won the cup, he looks “less than excited”. I noticed the other night because we had enough of them!

Anyway, just an observation and it is not at all a reflection on his skill or commitment.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is an observation, not a criticism, but have others noticed that in our goal celebrations, RAN never looks as hyped as the others? I mean he does what’s needed, the obligatory hug and so on, but while most of our players look like they’ve just won the cup, he looks “less than excited”. I noticed the other night because we had enough of them!

Anyway, just an observation and it is not at all a reflection on his skill or commitment.
Think that is just his character he seems very laid back... Wouldn't look into it much tbh..

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not world class yet, but he has the highest potential ceiling in our squad along with Neto. Stamina and physicality can be built on, and he already has the instinct and skill that he needs.

Wing-backs are priceless in the modern game, but running the touchline saps what stamina he has, so you almost wish he could be developed as a winger, as his type would have been 15-20 years ago.

He reminds me very, very much of Robert Pires, with that deceptively languid, introverted running style that hides incredibly quick feet and a guile that allows him to drift past defenders and change direction. McManaman had similar, on the right.

He's a decent defender, a potentially excellent wing-back, but I think he'd be a revelation played further forward as the left side of an attacking three behind a central striker, as he can go inside or out and would quickly develop a dangerous short game that would yield goals and assists. Pires is one of my favourite all-time players, a real hidden dagger that drew blood over and over again, and that's probably why RAN is one my favourite players in our current side too.

We're simply more threatening and exciting with him given forward license.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I always feel a lot happier seeing him start over Marcal. He does some great runs forward and is a good attacking outlet. As some have said, be good if he could improve on his fonal ball etc. But he has improved on everything else so i don't see why not.

Very promising talent and i am glad we have him

W

WasStefan

This lad is streets ahead of anything i’ve seen at Wolves at the age of 20. Will he be world class? likely. But he is already operating at a very high level.

Literally when Marcal plays left back you can see how good RAN is. He is so important to our game.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strangely for a young player, he seems to have some stamina issues. Fades towards the end of games and often doesn't last 90 minutes. Also not selected if more than one game in a week. It may be that he exerts himself so much that he burns himself out. I really like him as a player and agree he could go right to the top of the game.

Think I saw online there was a stat of how much ground he actually covers & it's ridiculous. Even against Watford, he was still bombing on late in the second half.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Devils Advocate here.
AIT could be around Wolves for Years, he's left footed, recently he's been close to giving some MOTM performances. Always keeps his opponent on the back foot, constantly drives forward, decent in his defensive duties.
Jonny is all the above and more, once fully fit, but he's right footed/technically both feet but more so right, so it narrows his/our choice's offensively.
Jonny is 28yo, AIT is 20yo
Added bonus is regularly playing players like AIT, Podence, Neto, Kilman etc will be key to us picking up talented young players who want to play at the top level, not just sit on the bench at a "big" club.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The lads an absolute star. Get him tied to a big contract and buy out his sell on asap.
I'm sure they can max angers can have is 8-10m .....no point buying it out really........the buy out is basically the original agreed price which was 20m fee that was agreed...makes no difference to us if we pay it nw or leave it till when he is sold ..... anything over 20m is ours .....

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One of the delights of the present squad are the superb overall skills on display. Quite something to be proud of.

gewolf

Reaction score

For me, I'd rather see his somewhat relaxed attitude then the attitude of those who run to the scorer and then look around, waving at everyone else to come and join the group hug. Donk does that.
If you want to celebrate with the goalscorer it should be natural and personal - what others do is up to them surely?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s brilliant defensively too generally despite being targeted so often

Knows his role so well for someone so young .

I wish he would have a Run and a shot sometimes

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Devils Advocate here.
AIT could be around Wolves for Years, he's left footed, recently he's been close to giving some MOTM performances. Always keeps his opponent on the back foot, constantly drives forward, decent in his defensive duties.
Jonny is all the above and more, once fully fit, but he's right footed/technically both feet but more so right, so it narrows his/our choice's offensively.
Jonny is 28yo, AIT is 20yo
Added bonus is regularly playing players like AIT, Podence, Neto, Kilman etc will be key to us picking up talented young players who want to play at the top level, not just sit on the bench at a "big" club.
It is encouraging that we have a good pool of talented younger players.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN is on track to WC status, I’ll give you that. No reason he can’t get past his stamina issues, no reason he can’t produce more. His defending has been superb(thank goodness that pen v Watford ended up being offside). When we signed him we’d heard about massive clubs sniffing around him and I can certainly see why.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outstanding today. That Reece James is a top player and yet RAN ran him ragged. Offered width, pace, dribbling and some good crosses. Work on the finishing and we have a star in our midst.
Tend to agree but needs to cut out the fancy stuff and keep it simple.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outstanding today. That Reece James is a top player and yet RAN ran him ragged. Offered width, pace, dribbling and some good crosses. Work on the finishing and we have a star in our midst.
Shame he didn't get the goal he (and the team!) needs. I agree, great player.

Back
Top Bottom