Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez next season

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine a player spoke about the club in the same disparaging terms as some do about Raul on here

The same people would be going apoplectic

Loyalty is very much a one way street for fans

not gonna lie...i had to look up "apoplectic".
I had to look up "player" - but remember I'd just been watching Hwang for 75 minutes.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be 2+2 = 10

But I am very, very reliably informed his house is up for sale.
Take from that what you will, just passing info on.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be 2+2 = 10

But I am very, very reliably informed his house is up for sale.
Take from that what you will, just passing info on.
I have a feeling he'll be off to pastures new.
Will be sad to see him go if that is the case but might be the best thing for all involved, in the long run.
The question is, would this signal the end of the project or could it be the continuation of it or the start of a new one?
Only time will tell I guess. Excited, if a little anxious!!!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just do not believe he has been supported enough. Since the partnership of Traore, Jota, Raul.. he is literally a lone wolf. That trio was superb, it had everything. They all brought something different to the table and at that point he always had a goal in him.

Unfortunately since then IMO he has fed off scraps. As has Silva even William Jose while he was as slow as ****, never had chances created for him. If we could see an average position map of the last 2 years our center forward probably barely has anyone within 10 yards of him for large periods of the game. It is why under Nuno when the 4-2-3-1 was introduced, we should have persisted with it, because it was more bodies in the final third, we had the personnel for it especially with Podence in the hole and focused on improving the back four. It was a natural progression that was and still is needed.

Reaction score
If we sell him for the 10-15mill that has been mentioned I think that's horrific business, he's not at the peak he was a couple of years ago but still a skillful striker, we need to give the attackers more support and there's still a decent player in there - a lot better than we'll be able to acquire by reinvesting 10-15mill I'd fear. Maybe we could pick up a gem, with strikers you can easily spend double that and them not work out though. Yes he's getting on a bit but doesn't mean he's not got 3-4 years left in him yet.

I wholeheartedly believed a frontline involving Raul and supported by Podence/Chiquinho/Neto/even Trincao can have a lot of goals in it, a lot more than we have the last 18months. It's about set up

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He must not be sold!
I doubt he will be sold, but he is definitely NOT the player he was. He doesnt attack the box, he can't head the ball and his goals have dried up. Any permutation of Raul, Fabio, Podence or Neto will fail to deliver enough goals. New striker a priority.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt he will be sold, but he is definitely NOT the player he was. He doesnt attack the box, he can't head the ball and his goals have dried up. Any permutation of Raul, Fabio, Podence or Neto will fail to deliver enough goals. New striker a priority.
His heading vs liverpool was excellent. in fact, he won most 1 vs 1 headers and made good passes with those headers to his teammates.

Wanderer Til I Die

Reaction score
Raul might be happy to stay but the club is looking to move him on because he might not fit the mould of what Bruno wants, for example Bruno wants 3 strikers, his main star striker, a target man to offer a different approach and a young striker in Fabio.

Raul would have to be the star striker as he isn't as effective at being a target man now he has to use the headgear therefore couldn't fulfill that role so has to be the star striker or has no place in what Bruno wants. If the club has identified someone to be the new star striker it leaves us with either shoe-horning Raul into the target man role or selling him to buy a more effective target man for example Ajorque at Strasbourg.

I love Raul but I could definitely see him moving on this summer to be a starter somewhere to retain his place in the Mexico squad. No idea who could perhaps come in to be the main striker maybe someone like Toney or Broja if we could find the funds for them but could definitely see someone like Ajorque coming in for about 10mil to be the target man option.
Would love to see us sign Toney or Broja. Hopefully Silva will start more games next season too.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the same player but felt his last few games were definitely better. I'd be happy to keep but doubt he'll be the goalscorer he was. If someone offered 20m I'd take it.

He'll be hard to replace and was fantastic for us until that injury.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the same player but felt his last few games were definitely better. I'd be happy to keep but doubt he'll be the goalscorer he was. If someone offered 20m I'd take it.

He'll be hard to replace and was fantastic for us until that injury.
He really did improve towards the end of the season. Cant get away from it being a poor season statistically but I would still keep

DJW

Reaction score
I would be really annoyed if we let him go. If the re-build is successful in other areas of the team he would be the player who benefits the most. He is still a fabulous player. Its a bit of a worry for me that the club doesn't seem to value any of the team other than in monetary terms. Cant be good for team spirit when the club let's players know that they would be happy if they all buggered off and left. Especially after all they have done over the last few seasons.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be really annoyed if we let him go. If the re-build is successful in other areas of the team he would be the player who benefits the most. He is still a fabulous player. Its a bit of a worry for me that the club doesn't seem to value any of the team other than in monetary terms. Cant be good for team spirit when the club let's players know that they would be happy if they all buggered off and left. Especially after all they have done over the last few seasons.
A plan that could easily backfire given our history of players not wanting to come here. We could end up bringing in the kids or make desperation signings in order to field a full squad.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a fabulous player. Iconic, our best striker in along time. For what we seem to be wanting for him is peanuts. Like mixers have said he needs support and competition not to be ****ed off to real majorca for 15 mill. If we weren't so crap at creating anything he'd thrive . He's a proper warrior.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be having the best of times with Mexico at the moment and seen a lot of comments saying he needs to be replaced and isn't good enough to lead the line for the national side anymore....

Let's hope he get's back to his best after the break as he has probably been the best striker I've seen at Wolves and at his best he is pure joy to watch!
I just translated that, this chap claims to have invented Wolverhampton..

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I just translated that, this chap claims to have invented Wolverhampton..
Google translate says "They will be able to defend Raúl Jiménez, he will be able to play for Wolverhampton (the one I made up! I already changed teams) in England and be the best Mexican striker, but he is not the same after his unfortunate accident. I hope he gets his level back. Mexico will need it in Qatar yes or yes"

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Google translate says "They will be able to defend Raúl Jiménez, he will be able to play for Wolverhampton (the one I made up! I already changed teams) in England and be the best Mexican striker, but he is not the same after his unfortunate accident. I hope he gets his level back. Mexico will need it in Qatar yes or yes"
If you select the whole block of text in the link a translate option comes up and it says Wolverhampton (the one I invented!..
o_O

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul isn't the same after the injury, he hopes he gets back to the player he was. Pretty much what we have all been saying and hoping.
But, the bit about " inventing" or "making up" Wolverhampton. On either translation what does it mean?

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he's actually saying Raul still plays for Wolverhampton....something he's making up (or inventing)

he's saying he'll play for a different team in England now.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant deny it is very concerning his form has largely been very poor for us this last season and with Mexico.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
What does he mean? (On either translation?)
If you look through the full thread and screenshots, there's a few people making fun of him for initially tweeting that Raul plays for West Ham. When he realised his mistake he deleted that tweet (but a number of people took a screenshot) and replaced it with the correct team (Wolverhampton) and said tongue in cheek, "not the team I invented!" i.e. West Ham.

The original, now deleted Tweet, is below.

Screenshot_20220603-115027.png

Back
Top Bottom