Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Raul Jimenez injury

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone any update on Raul's injury? Didn't see the match so not sure how bad it looked.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was basically two kicks colliding. He gave a thumbs up towards the bench after he'd walked off with a slight hobble.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He tried to hit a shot on the volley as it dropped over his head and he kicked the defenders foot. He was down for a while but got up and walked round the pitch. He was not hobbling as far as I could see, I would not think its too serious.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

I was surprised he went off (not sure if it's a good or bad thing), bear in mind he kicked the bottom of a boot that wouldn't have been studs as it's a plastic pitch.

Seemed nothing really but we shall see.

D

Deleted member 3751

Kicked the bottom of the defender's boot, kind of thing that REALLY hurts, hopefully nothing worse than a bruise but guessing Cutrone will get a start next week

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was surprised he went off (not sure if it's a good or bad thing), bear in mind he kicked the bottom of a boot that wouldn't have been studs as it's a plastic pitch.

Seemed nothing really but we shall see.

Forgot about no studs so it's prob not as bad as the first impression (which wasn't all that bad in the first place)

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just shows how we can't take our incredible lack of injuries record for granted. We need another attacker and defender in the squad before the Window closes as an absolute minimum. The youngsters are not ready yet to act as reliable back ups. Hopefully Raul is ok but we do rely heavily on his contribution and any absence will hurt us.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When he has to shoot like he did in those two chances, in the flick of a finger he is fantastic. Instinctively his finishing is superb.

Unfortunately, when he does have time to stop and think about it, his composure can be sometimes very rash. There was a moment in the first half that showed that.

lycophilos

Reaction score
Just shows how we can't take our incredible lack of injuries record for granted. We need another attacker and defender in the squad before the Window closes as an absolute minimum. The youngsters are not ready yet to act as reliable back ups. Hopefully Raul is ok but we do rely heavily on his contribution and any absence will hurt us.

Doesn't Cutrone count as an attacker???

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he is ok but we really do need a couple more of additions. Nuno seems reluctant to use some of the youngsters. Feel we need another attacking option for sure.

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He looked to be stamping his foot to test it as he left the pitch, with seemingly no problems.
I couldn't understand why Nuno was so angry about this challenge.
It looked 50 50 to me.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wore a protective boot but they all do that with foot injuries until the swelling goes down and the problem diagnosed.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope he is ok but we really do need a couple more of additions. Nuno seems reluctant to use some of the youngsters. Feel we need another attacking option for sure.

He's not. He's just prioritising full time squad members. We have Cutrone next week chill!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not. He's just prioritising full time squad members. We have Cutrone next week chill!

I know what you mean but it is quite telling that none of the u23 strikers have been used for the majority of pre season despite our lack of numbers in this area. Maybe the u23 strikers need upgrading?

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree! I think Sanderson and Perry could of had a run around once we were 5-1 on aggregate at half time.

D

Deleted member 3751

I agree! I think Sanderson and Perry could of had a run around once we were 5-1 on aggregate at half time.
I'm all for giving the kids a chance but it's still part of our pre-season. Surely it's better than Vinagre, MGW and Saiss get more game time in their preparation for the new season rather than giving some kids some minutes?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm all for giving the kids a chance but it's still part of our pre-season. Surely it's better than Vinagre, MGW and Saiss get more game time in their preparation for the new season rather than giving some kids some minutes?

Yep but some of these kids are very near the first team with how small the squad is.

M

Mr Wolf

Back out after the game, taking photos etc. Said he’s fine just a knock. Walking on it alright.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thankfully we have Paddy now but I'd still **** it if Raul got a long term injury

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I must confess that for the first time supporting The Wolves my pants got a little moist after seeing Raul hobble off and then Jota being hit with 2 crunching tackles in quick succession, only made worse when it looked like he was trying to fight the ref in reaction to that yellow card:eek::eek:

Even worse, I began to question Nuno’s judgement when he didn’t immediately take Jota off:eek::eek:

I feel so ashamed:oops::oops: How many “Hail Nunos” do I need to recant to wash away my sin!

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Close calls with both Neves last game and Raul this, season hasn't even started yet and already I can't take any more!

D

Deleted member 3751

Yep but some of these kids are very near the first team with how small the squad is.
They are, but who do you want ready at the start of the season? Saiss, Vinagre and MGW or Perry, Sanderson and Ennis?

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zero worries. He walked off. He hopped on it. They wouldn't have let him do that even there was even the slightest doubt.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul gets 10 days to shake off a minor knock, Cutrone likely gets a nice probably easy debut a squillion miles away in somewhere that shouldn’t count as Europe.

Sounds alright to me.

Back
Top Bottom