Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Question about the wolves squad

Neves wolf

Reaction score
I was thinking today if we are signing all these players they are not going to come in on the wages of the current staff I think you can say they will be on anything from 20k-40k maybe more. so if this be the case how will this make the current squad feel. Will they all go running demanding a big pay rise or make a big kick off over it. Could it affect our harmony between players?

D

Deleted member 4456

Put it this way. Talisca isn't coming to Wolves for £40k per week.

We'll gradually bin off the old squad and replace it with better players.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure our new owners will tell these guys if you play well and prove your worth you will get a pay rise. That is the way it should be , and a tough and fair management would have no problem implementing such a policy. It's natural justice.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do you think Rashford feels like when he is playing with Rooney.Obviously he just gets on with it.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many of the current lot will eventually leave, but the likes of Ifora and Hause will be told prove yourself and you'll get a better deal.

For most the squad they should see this as an opportunity, any that don't obviously have no faith in their ability and set in championship football and have no aspirations.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many of the current lot will eventually leave, but the likes of Ifora and Hause will be told prove yourself and you'll get a better deal.

For most the squad they should see this as an opportunity, any that don't obviously have no faith in their ability and set in championship football and have no aspirations.

i agree

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better players get paid more, that's how it works. If they want to earn what the better players get, $$$$ing earn it. Based on last season, hardly any of them are worth more than £10k at most.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're $$$$ing loaded anyway.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are several players in this team earning a very cushy living without really justifying it. It's been the case for far too long at Wolves. Mediocre players getting new contracts and continually under performing.

This will separate the wheat from the chaff. Either kick on and get your head down, or try and pull the wool over some other teams eyes elsewhere.

1LtJohnJDunbar

Most of the players will got rid of shipped off to League 1 or other Championship sides at the first opportunity.

I can see them bolstering the squad with a number of players. Put it this way out of that defence Iorfa and Hause will be the only ones likely to remain in it. Midfield, Price, Evans and Graham and for the attach probably only Dicko as we move forward. If Fosun do what they're suggesting they will do and bring the club back to the Premier and actually stabilize us this squads going to be pretty much unrecognizable in 2-3 seasons time. I mean can you see Danny Batth captaining the side at the premier league. No didn't think so.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most of the players will got rid of shipped off to League 1 or other Championship sides at the first opportunity.

I can see them bolstering the squad with a number of players. Put it this way out of that defence Iorfa and Hause will be the only ones likely to remain in it. Midfield, Price, Evans and Graham and for the attach probably only Dicko as we move forward. If Fosun do what they're suggesting they will do and bring the club back to the Premier and actually stabilize us this squads going to be pretty much unrecognizable in 2-3 seasons time. I mean can you see Danny Batth captaining the side at the premier league. No didn't think so.

The likes of Batth will be sold on. Not really convinced ANYBODY in our current squad is good enough for the Premiership - not even Ikeme. However, with the right mix of players coming in (mainly around January because we left it too late) I can see us pushing for top six come the end of this season as I think that Batth and the others you mention are decent Championship players.

Once they have done their job we can replace them - and they had better know it. The time for sentimentality is over. We had it with the likes of Henry and Ward. That must never be allowed to happen again if Wolves are to become a serious force in the game.

Back
Top Bottom