Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Projected Finish

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We're running at about 1.5 points per game, if we maintain that I'd expect us to finish about 8-10. If we can up that average a little bit then 6-7 and Europe is still possible imo. 4 points from Everton and Leeds and its ON

D

Deleted member (smith)

Giving up 6 points to Arsenal and meekly surrundering 3 to WH still really stings.

I know we can lose games, but it's the manner :(

Beat Everton though and who knows!

while I understand what you say because it stops us being ahead of them if we were to look at our truly dismal performances they have been palace x2 , brentford, Norwich and burnley….in which we dropped 13 points. But during a season everybody has extraordinarily good performances and extraordinarily bad. It’s consistency that makes the difference .

it would be nice with only ten games to go to feel we could ensure we stay above villa ….Arsenal are now clear and it is unlikely we can catch Tottenham..But if we can finish well ( six wins.?) it is not implausible that one or both of west ham and Yanited could stumble….that is beyond our control though and I would be really happy to surpass 60 points for the first time ever in the premier league

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs scoring and winning against Leicester and City in the last minute still infuriates me. That’s 6 points they got against the run of play……..we could have been 4 points ahead of them now.
Those games stung.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
21-6-11 is what is being projected as our finish, according to oddsmakers in Vegas.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On course for 60 points. Most we have ever accumulated in the PL if we get there.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it’s a little optimistic to predict that we won’t lose again this season. Probably done by a computer, that just goes on stats rather than analysing the actual opponent.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The iffy Man City penalty, the very late Liverpool winner and the late Leeds penalty have cost us four points.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
4th has gone now, it was a long shot anyway but Arsenal's current form and they have 3 games in hand means it would take a massive turn round in fortunes for us to challenge. Losses against Arsenal and Hammers did for us.
7-8th is the lost likely imo but we are definitely still in the chase for 5-6th. Man U keep picking up points because they have some excellent individuals but they are fragile, can see them having a bad run at some point. We are almost level with W Ham, it's a pity Spurs have a couple of games in hand but they are very inconsistent.
All in all its been a good season so far, yes it would be nice if we were more easy on the eye and could score more goals but we'll all be looking forward to next season whatever happens.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
According to my predictions, (which are usually pretty damn unreliable), we'll finish on 60 points:
Leeds W
Villa D
Newcastle D
Man City L
Burnley W
Brighton W
Chelsea L
Norwich W
Liverpool L

Still suspect that wont be enough for 7th though.

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
21-6-11 is what is being projected as our finish, according to oddsmakers in Vegas.

67 Points would be extraordinary!

That would be 69 points, and 21 from 27, the form of champions and almost certainly not going to happen!!

We're averaging about 1.5pts a game so far, which would put us on 60 points by the end of the season, which would still be our highest Premier League points haul...

The Pie Poker

Reaction score
In the other thread by Marrs Guitar, "comparative table" we've been consistently projected to finish 7th based on PPG for the last couple months, and thats where I think we'll finish.

Whether 7th gets us Europa Conference or not is yet to be seen..

kentish wolf

Reaction score
Well ,I looked at our squad and a relatively unheard of manager back in August and said to myself , we will finish about halfway if we are lucky SO......I am over the moon with Lage and our efforts this season..
With the exception of Wet spam it is only the usual suspects who are above us in the table.
I can tell you that living in Kent (I married a kent lass)
I go to my local and the amount of people who know that I am a wolf, are full of nothing but praise for our manager and team.
We are not the finished article but overall I think that we are heading in the right direction.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many more points would this team have had it started the season with Boly, Otto, Neto, and Raul firing at 100%?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

4th has gone now, it was a long shot anyway but Arsenal's current form and they have 3 games in hand means it would take a massive turn round in fortunes for us to challenge. Losses against Arsenal and Hammers did for us.
7-8th is the lost likely imo but we are definitely still in the chase for 5-6th. Man U keep picking up points because they have some excellent individuals but they are fragile, can see them having a bad run at some point. We are almost level with W Ham, it's a pity Spurs have a couple of games in hand but they are very inconsistent.
All in all its been a good season so far, yes it would be nice if we were more easy on the eye and could score more goals but we'll all be looking forward to next season whatever happens.
Agreed on all, 4th was never remotely on which I always said but a brilliant run and we could sneak 6th I think.

Back
Top Bottom