Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Profits and losses

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are often threads on how much the squad is worth, with wild figures plucked from the air by over enthusiastic mixers.

With Fosun being an investment company, you'd expect most (not all) signings to be brought with a view to making a profit / breaking even if we sell. Some may have been brought with a specific purpose in mind, i.e just to gain promotion, etc.

So a simple question without starting a debate of 'X player is worth X'; of the players Fosun have brought, who would currently sell for a profit, who's value is the same and who would generate a loss?

Obvious losses for me would be Bonatini (£5m), Costa (£13m), Traore (£18m), Miranda (£3m)

We'd see big profits on Boly (£10m), Jota (£12m), Vinagre (£5m), Neves (£16m), Moutinho (£5m)

Small profits on Jiminez (£30m) (I know he's had an amazing season but is he worth £40m+?!), Patricio (£16m), Bennett (Free but limited re-sale), Saiss (£3.5m)

We've already seen minor profits on Afobe :D (£2m), Douglas (£2m)

Break even players would be Johnny (£18m), Dendoncker (£12m), Cavaleiro (£13m)

Reactions: Ian

306NOTOUT

Don’t see how Costa would be classed as a loss when it looks like we are loaning him to Leeds for £2m with an obligation to buy at £12m?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t see how Costa would be classed as a loss when it looks like we are loaning him to Leeds for £2m with an obligation to buy at £12m?

If that's the case then great business. Hadn't seen that - would be disappointed if it's an obligation to buy.

D

Deleted member 4184

Villa paying 15m for a championship left back in Matt Targett. Jonny worth double that.

R

RuncornWolf

Tim Nash has said that Douglas went for £5m, so that would be £4m profit, also Cav cost £7m & Vinagre £2m if I remember correctly so both should offer large profits. I don't think we would see a profit on Moutinho, as I don't believe we would sell him and would hopefully integrate him into the backroom staff, unless it was for a similar fee to the MLS should he want to continue his playing career there or back to Portimonense where he played as a boy. We will probably get back what the £3.6m we paid for Bonatini, if he is played in a partnership holding up the play he would be very useful to a lot of teams in the Championship. I think we could easily ask 20m for Dendoncker, considering Richarlison was £50m surely Jimenez has to be getting close to £40m (I know who I would rather have and they wouldn't cost £50m).

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Tim Nash has said that Bennett went for £5m, so that would be £4m profit, also Cav cost £7m & Vinagre £2m if I remember correctly so both should offer large profits. I don't think we would see a profit on Moutinho, as I don't believe we would sell him and would hopefully integrate him into the backroom staff, unless it was for a similar fee to the MLS should he want to continue his playing career there or back to Portimonense where he played as a boy. We will probably get back what the £3.6m we paid for Bonatini, if he is played in a partnership holding up the play he would be very useful to a lot of teams in the Championship. I think we could easily ask 20m for Dendoncker, considering Richarlison was £50m surely Jimenez has to be getting close to £40m (I know who I would rather have and they wouldn't cost £50m).
Did you mean Douglas and not Bennett?

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell Jota and we're £100m up.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think all the players you listed as losses could potentially be 'break-evens'.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think all the players you listed as losses could potentially be 'break-evens'.

I think you're being optimistic with Bonatini!

Some others I forgot to add, Gladon, Oniangue and Rafa Mir

R

RuncornWolf

I think you're being optimistic with Bonatini!

Some others I forgot to add, Gladon, Oniangue and Rafa Mir

With regards to Bonatini, we signed him on a 4 year deal for approximately £3.6m. If we loaned him out for a year to a championship side we could charge a fee of around £1m, meaning we would only need to sell him for £2.6m to break even.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but the what isn't factored in that, is these players helped us get promoted and then get 7th, so with the incoming money all the transferred fees have been washed out by this.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With regards to Bonatini, we signed him on a 4 year deal for approximately £3.6m. If we loaned him out for a year to a championship side we could charge a fee of around £1m, meaning we would only need to sell him for £2.6m to break even.

You forgot the wages we’ve paid since he’s been back here

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but the what isn't factored in that, is these players helped us get promoted and then get 7th, so with the incoming money all the transferred fees have been washed out by this.

I did say that in my original post

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reading on a news site that ffp has now been scrapped. Is this correct as I hadn’t heard anything about this before now.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the bit about only being able to increase wages by £7m per year. We can now increase wages by a much as we like, but still have to fit in with other FFP rules.

Back
Top Bottom