Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Prince Oniangue and Bastia

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
shocking scenes at Bastia where the Corsican's league un match against Lyon was abandoned when home fans attacked the away side's players during the warm up and at half time. Bastia were bottom of the league anyway but will probably now face a points deduction and certain relegation.

If I remember Prince started well there but I don't know how much game time he's been getting lately.
To my mind if you're a player that's struggling to settle then to be sent out on loan abroad that's pretty much the end of your career at a club.
Lambert couldn't have seen much of him so I'd like him back in the summer and give him a pre season.

Edit: 11 appearances 3 goals

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=71240

Last edited:

Goodbye Horse

Reaction score
He can't pass
He can't head
He can't tackle

He's a headless chicken and hopefully we can get rid early on this window

Give as much of a chance as Lambert is getting and then see!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He can't pass
He can't head
He can't tackle

Sounds like most of our players!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He can't pass
He can't head
He can't tackle

Apart from the bit about heading, I genuinely thought you were talking about Dave Edwards before I read the thread title.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Wow, mental there was a game at all if that was the warm up.

Didn't see much from him to suggest he would be part of a successful midfield for us, agree he didn't get much of a chance and was settling in but clearly not rated by Lambert.

codsallwolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's interesting he's scored 2 goals this season in a short period of time... the same as Weimann and Marshall yet nobody calls for their heads...

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was played out on the left in a couple of games too, Villa away being one I remember to accommodate a midfield pairing of Dave and Coady, where he was a fish out of water.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was played out on the left in a couple of games too, Villa away being one I remember to accommodate a midfield pairing of Dave and Coady, where he was a fish out of water.
Still probably the best we played all season that second half though

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's really not all that, get rid in the summer along with all the other useless CMs. Doumbia 2

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be prepared to give him a pre season and see how he starts the season before completely righting him off.
Agreed. Think he was played out of position on the left; would like to see him in the centre with Saiss for a few games

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shows how different fans are in general, one player gets written off after a handful of games and another gets a love fest after being consistently average at best for years.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always looked alright to me. Literally cannot be worse than the alternatives.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Thought he looked ok but no more than that. Would like to see him given a pre-season over here before discarding him completely, although I'm 99% certain he'll be one of the first gone.

He can at least travel with the ball which is one thing most of our other midfielders are unable to do. Not a bad finisher either.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He can't pass
He can't head
He can't tackle

and yet despite this has probably still our second best midfield player

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't look any great shakes in the games I've seen, but wasn't given much opportunity under lambert tbf. I'm presuming that's for football reasons, but could be personal if he was keen to get back to France?

Unfortunately I expect that he and Saiss will both be back playing in France permanently within the next year.

D

Deleted member 3751

So what, 5 goals in 20 odd games for 2 struggling teams in 2 different countries? Obviously seems to know where the net is, Lambert can't have seen anything of him so would like him to have a full preseason with us and see if he's got much about him. Think Thelwell earmarked him as one we can get our money back on as soon as he ousted Zenga though

Highwayman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do people not realise that Lambert sees the players in training every day. Because he hasn't seen someone in the first XI doesn't mean he hasn't seen enough to form the view the player isn't good enough. Prince obviously falls into that category. If you shine in training you will get the chance in the first team, if not you won't get a look in.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do people not realise that Lambert sees the players in training every day. Because he hasn't seen someone in the first XI doesn't mean he hasn't seen enough to form the view the player isn't good enough. Prince obviously falls into that category. If you shine in training you will get the chance in the first team, if not you won't get a look in.

Really? Lambert won't drop Edwards however poorly he plays so I think it's more a case of if your face fits you'll play.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was disappointed with Tex not being given a proper chance but I never really saw anything in Prince I'm afraid.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didnt see much in Prince as a midfielder, but i do think he has a knack for scoring goals that in itself is a priceless skill thats born with and not cultivated, would have liked to have seen him given a run as No10. I do however think he wont be seen in a Wolves shirt again, neither will Silvio and Gladon who really have been a waste of wages.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any better?

If not just search "Bastia Lyon" in YouTube. It's mental!

Thankyou,

I had to watch it on youtube as for some unknown reason it says "this video contains content from LFP, who has blocked it from display on this website or your application".

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? Lambert won't drop Edwards however poorly he plays so I think it's more a case of if your face fits you'll play.
Why? Why wouldn't he play who he thinks are the best players. To think he would have an agenda against Prince is stupid, it was obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse he wasn't Lambert's type of player. We had all this **** over Saiss who is now a regular in the squad, perhaps he's one of his favourites now.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why? Why wouldn't he play who he thinks are the best players. To think he would have an agenda against Prince is stupid, it was obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse he wasn't Lambert's type of player. We had all this **** over Saiss who is now a regular in the squad, perhaps he's one of his favourites now.

Maybe you can explain to me why Edwards is never dropped however poorly he plays.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe you can explain to me why Edwards is never dropped however poorly he plays.
I'm sure I've answered this in the last couple of days, because he works hard, because he does as he's asked to the best of his abilities, because he's an experienced head, because of his goal threat, cause Lambert trusts him I'm no Edwards fan, but I'm bright enough to understand why Lambert and every other manager we've had in the last 1 years keep picking him. It's not because Lambert is mates witg Edwards, or because he likes Welshmen or any other stupid reason.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Id written him off after his first touch in English football.

It sailed straight out of play over Zengas head.

Back
Top Bottom