Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Previous visits to Deepdale

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only ever been once myself. Was on my Birthday back in September 2001, 3 days before 9/11.

Andy Sinton scored a great goal, and Lescott got the winner after we'd gone behind. I remember John Macken playing for Preston, just after we'd put a bid in for him. Other memories include ridiculously small turnstiles, and Shaun Newton signing a woman's breast in the crowd during the warm up.

Any others there that day?

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only ever been once myself. Was on my Birthday back in September 2001, 3 days before 9/11.

Andy Sinton scored a great goal, and Lescott got the winner after we'd gone behind. I remember John Macken playing for Preston, just after we'd put a bid in for him. Other memories include ridiculously small turnstiles, and Shaun Newton signing a woman's breast in the crowd during the warm up.

Any others there that day?

I was there, also my only trip there. Saw the thread title and was going to mention the Sinton goal.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there, also my only trip there. Saw the thread title and was going to mention the Sinton goal.

From memory wasn't it sort of a perfectly weighted chip/cross that he definitely meant, that just perfectly lobbed the keeper from a tight angle?

W

we8wba

Ndah wonder goal
Iwelumo hatrick in the summer

Also equalled by bore fest of Paul lamberts first match in charge where he elected bring cavaleiro on 88th minute and stuck with Wallace instead

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From memory wasn't it sort of a perfectly weighted chip/cross that he definitely meant, that just perfectly lobbed the keeper from a tight angle?

That's roughly what I remember yes. He certainly intended it.

D

Deleted member 3545

Went years ago when they have Frank Worthington play for them remember Wolves fans trying set fire to the wooden stand " singing lets all do a Bradford"

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weren’t we down the side of the pitch and standing that day??

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Been there 4 times now, 4 draws! Two terrible 0-0 draws, the one last year was Paul Lambert’s first match.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I feel like a proper glory hunter (which maybe I am). Today was only my 3rd visit. Last game of the season when we won Div 3 (3-3), first game of L1 (0-0) and today. This confirms that when I go a) we draw on the day and b) we win the league.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My only visit to Deepdale was as a 17 year old in 1965. We drew 2-2 after being 2 up , IIRC. Terry Wharton was playing and scored at least one with with a rocket of a shot

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
first time i went we drew 2.2 in Div 3 i think, on the plastic pitch, last match of the season.
We parked on the grass next to the Mutch family, who came in a transit van. They hung on for him after the game and he walked across in his match kit and socks and jumped straight in the back.
I always remember the police guiding the cars back to the motorway and stopping the traffic to let us on the southbound entrance, only for most cars, vans and dodgy coaches to turn right and head straight for Blackpool.

Preston Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Was at the same game. Not sure if it was the 2-2 or the 3-3. Chaos in the park after the game.

2-2. North End went 1 up before Wolves scored twice in quick succession - first was a Steve Stout screamer followed by one of Micky Clarkes seven goal streak. Unfortunately North End managed to equalise (think it was Worthington). To be fair, PNE went up automatically that season (thanks largely to their plastic pitch!) so a draw was a decent result.

The 3-3 was much more disappointing as we were 3-1 up late in the game before they scored twice in quick succession. Missed the Ndah wonder goal win as I was away at Uni so had to wait until 2008 before I saw them give North End the stuffing they so richly deserved on their home turf!

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 1-0 win in 2006/07 via Olofinjana's goal felt massive at the time. Pretty sure they hadn't lost at Deepdale in nearly a year prior, and it really rejuvenated us that season.

W

Wolfgang Wolf

First time I went there was in the 80s. Main memory was thinking the ground looked like an ancient Greek ruin.

D

Deleted member 3545

2-2. North End went 1 up before Wolves scored twice in quick succession - first was a Steve Stout screamer followed by one of Micky Clarkes seven goal streak. Unfortunately North End managed to equalise (think it was Worthington). To be fair, PNE went up automatically that season (thanks largely to their plastic pitch!) so a draw was a decent result.

The 3-3 was much more disappointing as we were 3-1 up late in the game before they scored twice in quick succession. Missed the Ndah wonder goal win as I was away at Uni so had to wait until 2008 before I saw them give North End the stuffing they so richly deserved on their home turf!
Yes Worthington scored and came up to the the Wolves fans at gave them the Vs after Wolves fans were calling him ****y ****y ****y Worthington lol

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Only previous visit was a couple of years ago when Morgan had life, the universe and everything explained to him, I think we should all chip in to have a statue put up on the spot to give thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom