Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Premier League owners survey

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not sure it warranted a thread but would be taking other ones off topic.

Anyway, even as someone who has criticised Fosun a lot recently, I was very surprised that this number was so low. Obviously would need more details on how many took the survey and other stuff but wonder if Jeff cares?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everything in the garden was rosy 12 months ago. In Europe, going for top 6, signing top players. It's fallen off a cliff, to an extent, since then. Whether this is down to Fosun, FFP, Nuno, Covid or a combination of these and other things, but I sense that the owners are not held in such high esteem as they were.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not sure it warranted a thread but would be taking other ones off topic.

Anyway, even as someone who has criticised Fosun a lot recently, I was very surprised that this number was so low. Obviously would need more details on how many took the survey and other stuff but wonder if Jeff cares?
I'll bet that would have been at least 20% higher if it had been done before 20/21.

I think that many on here don't get just how badly the Nuno decision and Vinny's subsequent rubbish went down with "ordinary fans".

Bloody hell....imagine what the percentage would be if we hadn't had the best 4 years in living memory.

I'd probably chuck it in if I was Fosun. The lack of appreciation and respect is a tad embarrassing
Sadly the last 12-15 months undid most of the goodwill gained over the previous 3+ years.

clcsimon

Reaction score
IMHO, club / fan relations has gone down hill since Laurie Dalrymple left. Under Dalrymple, I felt part of the club & got the impression that the fans voice mattered- not anymore! Not surprised Leicester are top - it's the small things! For example, as a thank you, every Leicester fan received a free beer (or bottle of water) at opening game. Also, members can choose whether to opt out of welcome pack to save money. Only little things but they all add up. Someone (more techie than me) on here should make a Scooby Doo meme where they remove Vinny's mask to reveal Jez Moxey :D

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to know what "fans" want instead?
Put simply, to move on from the strong position Fosun and Nuno had put us in 12-15 months ago? We were then held in high esteem everywhere - the 'best of the rest', now we have morphed into Crystal Palace and Brighton! It's not rocket science to see why so many fans are upset. We'd done the hard work, we just needed to push on but somehow we went into a massive decline.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll bet that would have been at least 20% higher if it had been done before 20/21.

I think that many on here don't get just how badly the Nuno decision and Vinny's subsequent rubbish went down with "ordinary fans".

Sadly the last 12-15 months undid most of the goodwill gained over the previous 3+ years.
I think that's more on fan expectation than anything else.

I will, however, say that the increased charges are an abomination.

I also think that the Nuno sacking was poor, but time will tell on that front.

The Roy Hodgson special 'be careful what you wish for' is always at the forefront of my mind: it can be levied at Fosun for dispensing with the services of Nuno, and at 50 percent of Wolves fans for wanting to dispense with Fosun.

Our grass is good. Not as gorgeous as the lawn we saw pictures of. There's a lot of leafy copses we could wish for, but a LOT of dogeared lawns we could end up with.

Ultimately, I just care about the performances on the pitch. If we are winning, I love everything about Wolves.

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wolves Ownership:
I just think realistically we got into a huge financial mess in the late 70's and early 80's due to poor owner decisions.
Then ever since the 1980's, we've had Bhatti brothers, Sir Jack and Steve Morgan. Even our best ownership over the past 40 years lacked the financial muscle and ambition to take us beyond the pinnacle of a Sherpa Van trophy, first division/ premier league relegation battles with Mick and a really top class training facility.
To dare to dream of being regular residents in the premier league is something I've never known. To see huge longer-term investments in the squad and the youth team prioritised over bringing in journeyman players to 'do a job' for the season but ready to depart as soon as relegation happens, and prioritised over property investment year after year shows the kind of ambition I have always wanted the club to have. As long as the investment remains and we don't get dragged into relegation I am in a good place. To show the potential we already have to knock top 6 sides and the likes of Leicester, West Ham, Everton off their perch and compete for Europe is simply astonishing. If one season warning signs appear of investment being curtailed and assets being sold then I will be more concerned but I have seen nothing so far to suggest that has happened. If we sell the likes of Neves and Traore and show no sign of replacing them with players of similar potential then I will be worried.

Jeff explained the investment strategy in the recent interviews, he said 'the players are the products' and I took that to mean that we buy and sell players to make a profit while these players and the coach have to maintain a level of success in order to keep their value. A few poor investments aside, I think on balance the players that our ownership have invested in, have greatly increased the value of the club and its ability to continue to rise in stature and success.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s very fine margins.

I’d bet if Nuno had started the season as Wolves boss that would be at least 10% higher.

As it is we’ve had a pretty poor few months since his departure in terms of a club to fan PR relationship.

12 months ago (Covid aside) we were still ultimately a team on the up, it’s difficult to say with any certainty if that’s still the case.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that's more on fan expectation than anything else.

I will, however, say that the increased charges are an abomination.

I also think that the Nuno sacking was poor, but time will tell on that front.

The Roy Hodgson special 'be careful what you wish for' is always at the forefront of my mind: it can be levied at Fosun for dispensing with the services of Nuno, and at 50 percent of Wolves fans for wanting to dispense with Fosun.

Our grass is good. Not as gorgeous as the lawn we saw pictures of. There's a lot of leafy copses we could wish for, but a LOT of dogeared lawns we could end up with.

Ultimately, I just care about the performances on the pitch. If we are winning, I love everything about Wolves.
Pretty balanced.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm shocked Newcastle scored so highly...
Have you forgotten that the 2Ms had their surprisingly numerous defenders on here? I wasn't a member at the time not least because if l'd said what l thought about that....

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Be interested to see what exactly was asked. Was it a simple ‘Are you happy with your clubs ownership, yes or no?’, or were there multiple options - yes they’re great, yes but they could do better, no but it could be worse, no they’ve got to go.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be interested to see what exactly was asked. Was it a simple ‘Are you happy with your clubs ownership, yes or no?’, or were there multiple options - yes they’re great, yes but they could do better, no but it could be worse, no they’ve got to go.
Absolutely. I've seen how questionnaires can be structured to get very different answers.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Absolutely. I've seen how questionnaires can be structured to get very different answers.
For example, it could be that 54% of Wolves fans are happy with Fosun but another 20% are happy but think they could do better. I’d find it hard to believe personally that 46% of Wolves fans would be unhappy with Fosun, in general.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yougov never asked me.
Of those who were asked to take the survey, you're gonna get far more who are disgruntled to actually do it.

It gives a heavily skewed view of reality.

Who the **** are the idiot 5% of Leicester fans who've had enough of the owners?

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I wonder how they selected who to ask? They probably did a poll of subscribers to sky TV. Would be interested if a single season ticket holder was asked. Wonder how many that were asked were at Chorley

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how they selected who to ask? They probably did a poll of subscribers to sky TV. Would be interested if a single season ticket holder was asked. Wonder how many that were asked were at Chorley
If they were doing it seriously, and data protection permitted which is far from certain, it would be names provided by the club i.e. members and ST holders so real fans. As it is, who knows.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even Leeds at 80% is low considering their owner has got them back into the Premier League and have the best coach in the history of intergalactic football ever times infinity.
They are about where l think that we would have been (or perhaps we'd have been a little higher) this time last year.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell....imagine what the percentage would be if we hadn't had the best 4 years in living memory.

I'd probably chuck it in if I was Fosun. The lack of appreciation and respect is a tad embarrassing
This. But also….who the hell are the roughly 25% that aren’t satisfied at Chelsea?
Unless they’re objecting on wider moral grounds, they should all be worshipping the bloke for what he’s done for the club.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wow that is embarrassing. After all Fosun have done for our club - surprised they don't just pull out now and earn the massive payout they could EASILY get.

We had 1 poor season after pure success since their 2nd season with us. They then moved out Nuno which actually shows more about their ambition than ours as they were not willing to accept it when most on here blindly would.

And for anybody who thinks they can judge if I'm a real fan, a core fan or any other **** term they think they are qualified to judge then just know I've been a ST holder for over 25 years. We've never had it this good in my lifetime, and yes I want more but I trust Fosun to deliver based on majority success compared to a blip one year in a pandemic.

People will point at twitter 'morons' but thats a generalisation and its still a sample of our fan base.

Could we get the same poll here? See if the numbers stack up with a different audience?

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Ridiculous survey. How did they identify the 'fans' of each club? If it were not such a nonsense, I would be truly embarrassed for the club and for Jeff & Fosun in particular. It would portray us as the most miserable and mean-spirited fans in history. Four years of staggering improvement and relative success compared with the last 35 years.... Perhaps they only asked the user 30s?

But as the survey is almost inevitably hopelessly flawed, I suspect Jeff & co will just ignore; just as they ignore the ridiculous rants on here by people claiming to be 'true fans'.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of those who were asked to take the survey, you're gonna get far more who are disgruntled to actually do it.

It gives a heavily skewed view of reality.

Who the **** are the idiot 5% of Leicester fans who've had enough of the owners?
Derby or Forest fans?

drewsie

Groupie
Reaction score
It’s Twitter, say no more! The place is an absolute cesspit of opinionated thick ****wits!

Fosun have been nothing but good for us and there are some right ungrateful **********s. We’d probably still be rotting in the Championship if they hadn’t have turned up.

Back
Top Bottom