Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Premier league money

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Payed half as he was on half the salary at Spurs he was here and we topped him up as part of his severance deal
Does that mean we now take over what would have been the final year of his contract though?

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well £62m went on amortisation costs so that's that covered

When you look at the numbers associated with running a football club it's frightening and even an income of some £200m could get swallowed up pretty easily without spaffing millions on players
62 mil a yr on amortisation costs, lmao

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As if Spurs were paying Nuno 50% of the salary he was on here?!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

As if Spurs were paying Nuno 50% of the salary he was on here?!
Was Nuno and staff, should have corrected myself. He took less staff to Spurs but essentially we topped up half the pay. I am not sure if that is because we paid the extra year as well.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was reported that Nuno received c£14m when he left Spurs, representing £7m per year of his two year deal.

I doubt he was on £7m p/a at Wolves.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Until the club is sold, we will be told many excuses why the club can’t be ambitious

D

Deleted member (smith)

62 mil a yr on amortisation costs, lmao
Not sure you understand why you are laughing your **** off. Transfer fees paid out are amortized over the contract. The same financials show over 60 million of income on player sales.

the Revenue from all sources and the expenditure on everything down to stadium maintenance and Doris is shown in a document called the financial statements . It’s not secret. Asking where the money went either means the questioner doesnt read the financials or don’t understand them. Perhaps it would help some if there was a thread on the financials…

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure you understand why you are laughing your **** off. Transfer fees paid out are amortized over the contract. The same financials show over 60 million of income on player sales.

the Revenue from all sources and the expenditure on everything down to stadium maintenance and Doris is shown in a document called the financial statements . It’s not secret. Asking where the money went either means the questioner doesnt read the financials or don’t understand them. Perhaps it would help some if there was a thread on the financials…
I know that mate im laughing at the sorry state of our finances. 140 mil on wages 60 mil amortisation costs means we havnt got a pot to **** in. And folk think were gonna spunk 45 mil on nunes, we cant afford almeida or palhinha. No body wants neves. In jan traore and dendonker can sign pre contract deals with other teams. You gotta laugh.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know that mate im laughing at the sorry state of our finances. 140 mil on wages 60 mil amortisation costs means we havnt got a pot to **** in. And folk think were gonna spunk 45 mil on nunes, we cant afford almeida or palhinha. No body wants neves. In jan traore and dendonker can sign pre contract deals with other teams. You gotta laugh.
I think you'll find we have the option of a further twelve months on Donk's contract after June 2023.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you'll find we have the option of a further twelve months on Donk's contract after June 2023.
I don't know but given the precedent for other players would be surprised if we didn't have such an option.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if you're looking at 'where the turnover goes' you'd really be focused on net player trading. 2m last year.

I think fosun will ideally want net player trading to be a small negative only. Over a 3 ish year period. We're not making many sales this summer!
I wasn't. I was responding to someone asking what happened to the "£58m" that wasn't spent on wages went

Net player trading doesn't have much to do with it though, sales go into the revenue, amortisation costs come out. We could sign and sell nobody this summer, we'd still have amortisation costs around £60m that we'd have to cover, in fact if you bought and lost nobody and didn't extend any contracts, it'd be the £62m again

Last edited:

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That may be true but what can we do about it?
Whilst enough are willing to pay it or more nothing will change, the best player’s usually have more than one club competing To sign them and so it goes on, then the agents want their not insignificant slice of the deal

Competition for TV rights means that has gone up too helping to keep the gravy train going, but still benefits the top teams more than the rest helping them stay there

Last edited:

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do like the idea that all these posters starting threads with slight variations on this exact topic think they're going to unearth an evil conspiracy by Fosun, and that they'll catch Jeff moving suitcases of cash out of the club under cover of darkness.

You can look up the club accounts if you're genuinely interested, they generally show a small profit, and (as you'd very much expect) relatively small cash reserves maintained for a business of the size of Wolves.

Back
Top Bottom