Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Prediction: 22/23 Season, Where will we finish?

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
With just a few days to go before the season kicks off at Leeds Utd, where do people think we’re going to finish the season?

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nice idea, but surely best to start this on 1st Sept when we know our squad:

Id say 10th now, but I would say higher if we signed good players for the two positions we all crave, and Id say lower if Neves or MGW or RAN left

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on the current squad I would think we are at the lower end of the 10th-14th grouping that Includes us with Villa, Brighton, Palace, Southampton

NordicWolf

Reaction score
I am genuinely worried. Squad is beyond thin. If Neves goes and/or we’re hit with 2-3 injuries I fear a relegation battle. Still have hope that we will bring in 2-3 new players and that keeps me checking in here every hour.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
16th, and to be brutally honest I'm fine with that as I think it's now just a case of keeping above water until new investment. Staying in the PL is our ambition for now, and nothing wrong with that considering the circumstances.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
As it stands 13th to 17th for me, if we stay away from injuries and bring in a couple of first team ready players who perform as expected then 10th is doable

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
14th to 17th . Because we cant get more than 25 goals from Neto , Podence Hwang and MGW .

Last edited:

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
Sept is crucial ,, no new faces means danger and also means relying on keeping our top first 11 fit ,, inevitably there will be injuries and suspensions and without investment I don’t see our bench offering much ,, I’ll go 14th /15th and Bruno to be the scapegoat

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As it stands, 12th. IF we buy a striker and midfielder, 8th.

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Without new faces, quality faces, definitely bottom half, we can dream of a return of the style of football of the first 3 games last season but with chances taken, but it could quite easily turn to a relegation battle with injuries and **** reffing decisions.
I’ll say 14th.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As things stand top half is very unlikely but if we get two players in that can challenge for starting places immediately we might scrape 10th. More likely we bring in a couple of squad fillers and end up closer to the relegation places than 10th, so I’ll go for 15th.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Squad as it is today? Somewhere between 12th-16th.

Add a starting CF (replacement for Raul, not an understudy) and proper CAM and I think we could finish somewhere between 8th-10th.

So 12th-16th it is...

NothingButNeto

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ll say 13th. That’s where we ended when Raul was hurt and I think we’ll do something similar. Our starting 11 is excellent but after that, it’s scant. A few injuries (including the current Raul injury) will greatly affect our performance, but with the addition of a fit Neto and the triumphant return of MGW, I think we’ll be strong enough to survive the season.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First team probably pushing for 7th

If they stay fit, happy days. If they don't stay fit....17th would be a good return.

Probably 11th(ish)

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they dont sign a decent striker eg Diaz then bottom half definitely. If they gamble further by letting Neves or MGW go then we are bottom 6. I can accept Traore going given his contract situation, he will be a bargain for someone.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a difficult one. Right now I would rip your arm off for 15th I just worry about where the goals are going to come from.

But if we get a couple of extra players by the time the window closes then I guess between 10-12th would be a good season.

I expect Newcastle, Villa, Southampton, and Palace to be better than last year. I don't think Brighton, Brentford, Everton, and Leeds will be much better so they will be in the mix and I expect Bournemouth to struggle.

But I am worried we will also be in the relegation mix.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Those first 6 games are so important. If we don’t get a decent return of points, the next 4 fixtures are horrific and we could easily find ourselves in a bit of trouble.

Think it’s a really tough league this year. As it stands, if everyone stays fit, somewhere between 10th and 12th. If we suffer similar injuries to last year, could very well be 15th to 19th.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
12th (to 14th)

Top 6 plus West Ham, Newcastle, Leicester, Brighton, Villa.

In a group with Palace and one of promoted teams and above Everton, Southampton, Leeds, Brentford and other 2 promoted teams.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the current squad as it is 12th to 17th. Any injuries without new additions then a potential relegation battle.

Back
Top Bottom