Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Prediction: 22/23 Season, Where will we finish?

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Predicted 13th last season, and will again. We still get results no one expected and will continue to, just need to keep beating the lower down teams regular.

I won’t panic if we don’t beat Fulham, but I won’t go ott if we beat spurs away again

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Raúl doesn't miss much of the season there's no reason why we can't be in the top half, we have a good side and a very good first XI. Add a striker and a midfielder without losing any key players and I'd expect us to be pushing hard for 7th. Don't add a striker and midfielder and Raúl misses a good chunk of the season and we'll be 13th-16th in my opinion

Is that on the fence enough?

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Where will we finish? As the squad currently stands I believe we have a very good chance of being relegated.

The recruitment side of the club is a shambles. Sooner or later this has to be reflected on the pitch. Yes, the striker situation is ridiculous, but so is midfield. Neves, Donk, Moutinho. That’s your lot, folks, going into a season where five subs are allowed.

Injuries and suspensions are inevitable. We’re going to have to rest players, and that will be in the Cup games, so forget the idea of a cup run.

Last season we scored fewer goals than Burnley and Watford. Infogol ranked us the 16th team in the league.

I hope I’m wrong. I hope something dramatic happens between now and the end of the window. But of all the gazillion comments in the transfer threads the most accurate was a simple, “They have ****ed up the last five windows. Why do you think they’ll get this one right?”

I still have faith in Bruno as a manager, I hope on September 1st I’m eating a huge slice of humble pie. But we are woefully light on numbers, in what isn’t going to be an 11 vs 11 season, but a 16 vs 16 season. And I fear we will pay the price.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on injuries really as outside the first 11 we don't have much else so as it stands 14th.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All these strikers on the way fourth bare minimum
Renew the passport

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread always makes me smile wryly. There are so many posters with whom I find myself disagreeing time and time again....and then we all predict the same expected finish!

Makes me suspect I must disagree just for the sake of it!

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
16th if the squad stays the same, surely going to pick up injuries during the season..

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
Bottom half of the table, hopefully three worse teams than us

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
1Man City11Palace
2Liverpool12Wolves
3Tottenham13Everton
4Arsenal14Leeds
5Chelsea15Southampton
6Man United16Fulham
7West Ham17Leicester
8Newcastle18Forest
9Villa19Brentford
10Brighton20Bournemouth

12-15th if we keep Neves and fail to bring anybody decent/else in... Lose Neves and fail to replace/add to the squad and 14-17/18th.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the present squad 9th - 12th, will re-evalute September, totally pointless exercise at present
Totally pointless at any time really. One or two serious injuries to key players early doors could totally change everything. I have forecast for the fun of it, but it's mainly down to the luck of the draw on injuries and other unpredictables

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
IF this window closes without anymore signings, IF our first eleven could play 60-70mins of every game, IF we don't get prolonged injuries in key areas, IF our first team don't run out of steam in the last few months of the season, we could finish as high as 5/6th.

That's relying on a lot of IF's, as the truth is Hwang, Podence and Neto have had several injury spells in their time here, as did Jota who was similar in size and style, we seriously ran outta steam late last season playing BrunoBall, which is all going to cost us finishing positions.
BUT all the other 19 clubs will have those same issues to some degree, so it's never as bad as it seems.

Highball position: 6th
Lowball position: 11th
We will finish within our mid-table mini league, 5-6th we've had an absolute result of a season, 12-13th we've had an absolute shocker but not goner happen imo.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mid table would be a significant achievement the way things stand at the moment, but a lot could happen between now and the end of the transfer window.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Current squad with Raul out at the start of the season, 16th/17th, just about keeping our head above water.
Difficult to see us scoring more than one goal a game, so banking on Kilman, Collins and Sa to keep us stable at the back.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s too early to say as a lot can change before the window closes, both positively and negatively.

People predicting relegation are over dramatic idiots as it stands though, currently we should be somewhere around tenth again, as the first team is stronger than last year whilst the squad is weaker.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a heart and head post. Heart will say higher than head based on both the squad depth and current levels of league perfromance and off the back of some pretty worrying form this calendar year since March.

So There are for me , three leagues within the premier league. Expectations will vary each game depending on who you play. Bookies would probably go at best for the following -

Top 6- Sly six-draw at home lose away= 6 points total.

Middle 7 -win 5 draw 4 lose 5- 19 points

Bottom 6.Inc 3 newly promoted- win 6 -draw 6= 24 points

So our guideline expected season is 49 points. If we achieve that it will be expected. Achieve more its better than expected , achieve less then its worse than expected. I would expect us to finish in those middle 7 so 7-14th

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I need a bit of the positivity/kool-aid some others are on. From my seat we are 2 injuries away from barely being able to field a team never mind one that can avoid relegation.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on how we take to four at the back which makes it more unpredictable .

Need a good start given our first six games are relatively easy.

Don't expect to finish above 12th (behind the big six,Newcastle,Villa,West Ham,Leicester,Palace).

Hope we give the cups our best shot.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to 4 at the back using 2 centre backs who are inexperienced in a back 4 in the Prem.......that's quite a risk!!! Having no striker for a few games isn't clever either.
Reckon mid table, 9th to 15th. Lage can give our players proper attacking mindset like last season's start..... But don't think we've got the players to put the ball in the back of the net again.

Back
Top Bottom