Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Predict one change or innovation in football 10 years from now

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football team to be free to pick any gender (or non-identifying gender) player and first “female” plays in the Premier League.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ronaldo wins his 12th CL.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No linesmen but 2 refs - one in each half.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fans to have 10% ownership in PL clubs

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Footballs no longer required to be pumped up so that they fly truer.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football team to be free to pick any gender (or non-identifying gender) player and first “female” plays in the Premier League.

I think it unlikely borderline impossible for Premier League. However, could be that a woman player does join something like a Conference level club. Think of the publicity....

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of the ideas look to new technology, but my innovation goes way back in history. Victorious Roman armies were able to select a champion to commit an act of gross indecency upon the leader of their defeated enemy. Beats cheer leaders, and would provide a strong incentive not to lose.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
  • Two-touch
  • Communication on the field outlawed
  • Encroachment allowed on free kicks
  • Goals from corners requiring more than 3 touches
  • World cup integrated with eSports
  • Matches played in space
  • After taking the knee, players will lie down in pro-Ukraine protests

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves to quit the Premier league and win the Primeira Liga in the 1st season under the new name Fosun Esport United

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Before looking forward ten years, have a think back, ten, twenty, even thirty years and count the number of innovations that have been introduced to the game.

VAR & associated tinkering with offside & hand ball
LED boards instead of number boards
Back pass to the keeper

Not a lot is it. My money's on the sin bin, its already being used in my lad's u16 league.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before looking forward ten years, have a think back, ten, twenty, even thirty years and count the number of innovations that have been introduced to the game.

Back pass to the keeper

Not a lot is it. My money's on the sin bin, its already being used in my lad's u16 league.
From my own experience of watching kids football, a sin bin for parents would be a welcome addition.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Back pass to the keeper

I guess In the last 20 or so years there has also been names on shirts, squad numbers, goal line technology but as you say nothing really groundbreaking

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Back pass to the keeper

Sin bins are already in use in up to step 5 of the Men's National League system.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess In the last 20 or so years there has also been names on shirts, squad numbers, goal line technology but as you say nothing really groundbreaking
As I said earlier in this thread - the most conservative of all the major sports - to its detriment in my opinion. Change, of any kind, is only effected reactively and often half heartedly. VAR is the prime example. No problem with similar technology in other sports after many years usage, but a joke in the "best League in the world".
The governing bodies are too keen on retaining the establishment at all costs and the culture of the game is to operate at the lowest level of concensus. This means that not only do we fail to inovate and improve the game, we also remain firmly behind the times in respect of the attitudes and norms of the rest of society. Will the second gay professional footballer have come out in ten years time I wonder and will we still be accepting racist chants in our international games?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Back pass to the keeper

Off the top of my head,
Offside rule changed, interfering with play?
Subs rules changed?
Concussion subs?
Goalkicks having to leave the area?
Goal line tech

Last edited:

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We groundshare with walsall, whose new owners build them a 45k arena, molineux is bulldozed for a super asda, compton becomes a housing estate after being sold to developers. Wolves train in the middle of dunstall park

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it unlikely borderline impossible for Premier League. However, could be that a woman player does join something like a Conference level club. Think of the publicity....

Yeah, never gonna happen but would be great if they made goalkeepers women. Shockingly bad in the womens game and would make all games highly entertaining given any team could score from anywhere.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
Off the top of my head,
Offside rule changed, interfering with play?
Subs rules changed?
Concussion subs?
Goalkicks having to leave the area?
Goal line tech
Yeah you're right actually, goal kicks is a big one.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
From my own experience of watching kids football, a sin bin for parents would be a welcome addition.
Dead right, many set a terrible example, some coaches too. I used to run the line for my lads team but try and avoid it now if possible, the abuse you get is horrendous.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dead right, many set a terrible example, some coaches too. I used to run the line for my lads team but try and avoid it now if possible, the abuse you get is horrendous.
I attended my kids friendly last night and the linesman from the other team was either blind or blatantly cheating. I also ran the line for my eldest 2 for nigh on a decade, theres just no need for it.

Dans la Lune

Reaction score
Here's what's coming:

Red Bull will buy an English club (probably MK Dons, RBMK anyone?).

The Premier League will try to do a bumper deal with Adidas or Nike to supply every team in the league (like they do in MLS, NFL, and the NBA).

Promotion and relegation will drop to two teams.

Amazon or Netflix will acquire the bulk of the TV rights and require another separate subscription.

American owners will expect the PL trophy to be handed to them, not the players.

The big clubs will lobby for B teams in the Football league.

The League Cup will be scrapped, a permanent winter break will be introduced, and the clubs and managers that complain the most about players needing a rest will jet off for a punishing series of friendlies or mini-tournaments in "Emerging Markets".

Celtic and Rangers will again try and attach themselves to the Premier League.

Extra sponsors will appear on all different parts of the kit. And the Man City sock sponsorship deal will be worth 10 times the value of our principal sponsor.

Big clubs (and their entitled fans) will still moan that anything less than a domestic treble represents their worst season in decades.

Wolves will finally find themselves in a Champions League spot the year the rules change to exclude them, or English teams face some kind of ban.

Back
Top Bottom