Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pre-match pubs?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why has this never occurred to me before? Now, thinking about where the GW is in relation to the low level station, trains on the low level track must have passed very close to the pub? And of course the high level track is only a matter of yards away too.

I love the GW and nearly always pop in when I get the train in for the games. Whilst the Batham’s is great I prefer the Golden Glow which is one of my favourite beers.

Edit to add that I now realise the tracks would have been the other side of the station, so further away from the pub.
The GWR tracks were directly next to the pub, below it. It's hard to imagine now, the area has been so remodelled. Where the car park is now was in the 1950s the pub garden, which looked like an allotment, full of veges. It was between the high-level and low-level lines, which were only a few feet apart.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The GWR tracks were directly next to the pub, below it. It's hard to imagine now, the area has been so remodelled. Where the car park is now was in the 1950s the pub garden, which looked like an allotment, full of veges. It was between the high-level and low-level lines, which were only a few feet apart.
Thanks BSK, that’s really interesting. I’d love to see some pics of that, I’ve looked on the Facebook group Wolverhampton in old photographs but to no avail.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks BSK, that’s really interesting. I’d love to see some pics of that, I’ve looked on the Facebook group Wolverhampton in old photographs but to no avail.
You can see what it was like in several books with titles like 'Steam in the West Midlands'. There's one of a Britannia class leaving the low level station heading for Brum in about 1963 just below the garden wall of the GW pub. Have a look in Waterstones 'Local Interest' section

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Google Wolverhampton Low-level station. Lots of images and videos.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You can see what it was like in several books with titles like 'Steam in the West Midlands'. There's one of a Britannia class leaving the low level station heading for Brum in about 1963 just below the garden wall of the GW pub. Have a look in Waterstones 'Local Interest' section
Thanks BSK, that sounds great, I’ll look into that but, living in Lancashire, it won’t be in my local interest section unfortunately.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
Google Wolverhampton Low-level station. Lots of images and videos.
That’s what I would have done. Surely it’s quicker to Google for the images then scroll through Facebook and start a new thread.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That’s what I would have done. Surely it’s quicker to Google for the images then scroll through Facebook and start a new thread.
You can search on Facebook, no scrolling or starting threads.

W

WasStefan

Looks like cuban has closed?

New bunks opposite the billy wright looks decent.

Back
Top Bottom