Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pre Match Curry

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel the need to warm the ****les pre-match, is there anywhere in town other than Mr Tikka who does a takeaway curry in a tray?

I know of the Dilshad, Bilash and Jivans. Not sure they’d do it though. Is that Jack’s bar any good for that?

Don’t fancy walking round Wolverhampton with foil wrapped food under my arm!

Any advice welcome.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hooded Ram is good

Edit: sorry misread, thought you said you didn’t want takeaway

What’s the one by the subway?

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to like Jivans on broad Street but think it's gone?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Evidently someone is missing a trick here!

Whip up a pot of curry outside the south bank, dish it out to the hungry masses at tea time after they’ve had a few beers! £££££

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Whip up a pot of curry outside the south bank, dish it out to the hungry masses at tea time after they’ve had a few beers! £££££
ive often wondered why nobody has ever done it, big bowl of hot curry and a chunk of bread to dip in? beats a 1/4 grease burger any day

Del Boy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Desi Yew Tree on Pool Street is a hidden gem Reasonable prices and not far from town, down the road from jack's but much better in my opinion

Desi Yew Tree

M

Mr Wolf

Take away in a tray, can’t think of one. All the ones mentioned are proper takeaways that you’d need to unwrap & plate up.

Best bet for me would be Aunt Sallies, the Caribbean but that’s obviously rice, pea & goat/chicken. It is quality though.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Dilshad in Berry street was open when I went past before a night game earlier this season and looked as if a few were in - I not been in for a couple of years but has always been one of the better curry houses in the town centre.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get yourself down broad street, place over road from Rileys, cafe type Indian food place and can take out. I've took out and gone to the Lych with it before now (Lambert era, must admit stayed in pub and sacked off match as got too cosy)

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel the need to warm the ****les pre-match, is there anywhere in town other than Mr Tikka who does a takeaway curry in a tray?

I know of the Dilshad, Bilash and Jivans. Not sure they’d do it though. Is that Jack’s bar any good for that?

Any advice welcome.
Try Bhatti's they're good at takeaways.

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

They were doing them at the fanzone at the beginning of the season, Carribbean Thai and Indian Street food vans, it was good, did mention it on here a few times, I dont think enough people were using it so the vans stopped coming I think, they even managed to get a alcohol license after a few games that served numero Nuno and other local ales, I know it moved from there to where the wanderer pub was for the Huddersfield game, needed more custom I think.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were doing them at the fanzone at the beginning of the season, Carribbean Thai and Indian Street food vans, it was good, did mention it on here a few times, I dont think enough people were using it so the vans stopped coming I think, they even managed to get a alcohol license after a few games that served numero Nuno and other local ales, I know it moved from there to where the wanderer pub was for the Huddersfield game, needed more custom I think.

I seem to remember seeing that. That is a real shame if they didn't get enough takers. The **** you get off the burger vans makes me heave.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I will have a wander down broad street and see which one I want food poisoning from :eek:

Reaction score
Definitely recommend the Yew Tree as mentioned above. The mixed grill is lovely. It's about a 20 minute walk to Molineux from there.

The Builder's Arms used to be my local and the food is lovely there too. Slightly more expensive than the Yew Tree though and further away from Molineux.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hooded Ram is good

Edit: sorry misread, thought you said you didn’t want takeaway

What’s the one by the subway?
The one by the subway OMG ...the Tikka is fantasticooooo.

W

WasStefan

Just because they are restaurants doesn't mean they dont do takeaway. I have one from the Dilshad most matchdays after the game

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know what’s going on with the Hooded Ram?

Noticed there’s been barely any beers on tap recently and now their website says it’s closed for refurbishment “until further notice”. Doesn’t sound good to be honest.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For take away there is Sachins too, has a van by Maccies on the high street and a shop just down from George Wallace.

Does Tikka, curries, samosas etc

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The new owner of the Robin2 in Bilston has got his business head on....as people leave after a gig there's a couple of Indian guys outside there selling chicken wraps etc

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Roll up! Roll up!
I’ve just ordered 1500 Curried Pot Noodles. I shall now be positioned right by the Billy Wright statue before every game with a very large kettle.

Bargain at £3 a go, bring your own plastic fork mind.
Now where can I find a plug?

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Roll up! Roll up!
I’ve just ordered 1500 Curried Pot Noodles. I shall now be positioned right by the Billy Wright statue before every game with a very large kettle.

Bargain at £3 a go, bring your own plastic fork mind.
Now where can I find a plug?
Are the Bombay Bad Boys ? love them on a sandwich with a few chips

W

WasStefan

Anyone know what’s going on with the Hooded Ram?

Noticed there’s been barely any beers on tap recently and now their website says it’s closed for refurbishment “until further notice”. Doesn’t sound good to be honest.
Wouldnt surprise me if it closes, Wolves and restaurants don't go well.

A proper bar would do well there now like Indybar/ Rothwells before it

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Any advice welcome.

Fully recommend "Mystic Grill Dosa" for Indian and Sri Lankan food.
Located at 25, Market Street, Wolves, WV1 3AG (you should find them on Facebook).
Excellent food (you can see the chef cooking), very clean establishment, and sensibly priced.
I'm yet to have a bad experience, and no I don't own or have shares in the business. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom