Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Poppy Shirts

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why not make it £2.50 a go PER SHIRT i'm sure you'll get over 10000 people playing and it would make more money and everyone a fair chance and enter as many times as you want 4 tickets for £10.
It's raised only £8k so far, which is not a loty if you think about it.
I could Never afford the shirts at the prices so that's me out.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some alarm bells ringing for me.
Many years ago, my boss made the observation that "You wouldn't believe anything, even if God told you, until you had checked it out". He was quite right! We live in an age of fraud and scams. I cannot define what I am not happy about with this although it does seem a bit fishy that they have every shirt from the Leicester game including the subs. How authentic are they?

I would certainly not risk any money on one because there is this element of uncertainty about the whole thing. Also, not a single dissatisfied review? There is always someone who is not satisfied when it comes to reviews. It is not difficult to set up a batch of favourable reviews.

I am not the oracle, but I am not satisfied with this. Apart from anything else, I would not be prepared to pay those prices for a sweaty used shirt. The prices for new, unused shirts from the club are way over the top for a 'tarted up' T-shirt, so these prices are ridiculous in my eyes.

It should be understood that these are my personal feelings and I am not trying to impose my thoughts on others. The water may look inviting on a hot Summer's day, but how cold is it? what is in it? how deep is it? etc.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many years ago, my boss made the observation that "You wouldn't believe anything, even if God told you, until you had checked it out". He was quite right! We live in an age of fraud and scams. I cannot define what I am not happy about with this although it does seem a bit fishy that they have every shirt from the Leicester game including the subs. How authentic are they?

I would certainly not risk any money on one because there is this element of uncertainty about the whole thing. Also, not a single dissatisfied review? There is always someone who is not satisfied when it comes to reviews. It is not difficult to set up a batch of favourable reviews.

I am not the oracle, but I am not satisfied with this. Apart from anything else, I would not be prepared to pay those prices for a sweaty used shirt. The prices for new, unused shirts from the club are way over the top for a 'tarted up' T-shirt, so these prices are ridiculous in my eyes.

It should be understood that these are my personal feelings and I am not trying to impose my thoughts on others. The water may look inviting on a hot Summer's day, but how cold is it? what is in it? how deep is it? etc.

From British legion website:

Also:

Give your head a wobble.
It's for charity.
Nobody is forcing you to bid.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From British legion website:

Also:

Give your head a wobble.
It's for charity.
Nobody is forcing you to bid.
"It should be understood that these are my personal feelings and I am not trying to impose my thoughts on others."

Is there something about this that you do not understand?

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't say you were, but you've just done the equivalent of seeing a dog turd on the pavement, and rather than sidestepping it, you've rolled in it, screaming about how much you hate turds

Hope that clears it up

"It should be understood that these are my personal feelings and I am not trying to impose my thoughts on others."

Is there something about this that you do not understand?

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Didn't say you were, but you've just done the equivalent of seeing a dog turd on the pavement, and rather than sidestepping it, you've rolled in it, screaming about how much you hate turds

Hope that clears it up
My phone still says sites unsafe, so I'll wait for the dog's owner to clean up the ****.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I’m sure these are genuine as wolves publicised it.
The 2 reasons I won’t be bidding are:
The shirts are not washed after the game. I know it being “match worn” and not washed may be a positive to some collectors. But if I’m paying a grand for a shirt then i dont want sweat and mud. Rauls shirts seems to have a rather large mud stain on.
Secondly, a lot of the autographs look very badly smudged. Rui’s is really bad.
I do like the fact that they are signed on both the front and back. But I’m not paying a grand to have shirt where everyone will ask why it’s covered in mud and the signatures are smudged.

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yep
Those pesky royal British legion lads are trying to steal your pennies xx
The site isn't the British Legion, it's an outsider they're using.
Danger is third parties being able to access your details: passwords, account details etc.
Not me saying it: it's my pesky phone's system trying to stop my pennies being stolen by others.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hope that clears it up
I made the mistake of thinking that you were a grown-up. Clearly that is not the case if you have to resort to this level of degradation.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The shirts are not washed after the game. I know it being “match worn” and not washed may be a positive to some collectors. But if I’m paying a grand for a shirt then i dont want sweat and mud. Rauls shirts seems to have a rather large mud stain on.
I do like the fact that they are signed on both the front and back. But I’m not paying a grand to have shirt where everyone will ask why it’s covered in mud and the signatures are smudged.
Rui wears gloves though :)

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

would you worry about them being unwashed if the shirts were from the woman's team? :p

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

The sale of Bolton shirts has now finished. Most of them sold for £80.
Liverpool shirts still have 16 days left to go. Salah is £2736 and Jota is £1884.
KEVIN DE BRUYNE is £4028

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I made the mistake of thinking that you were a grown-up. Clearly that is not the case if you have to resort to this level of degradation.
To be fair, you really didn't give a solid reason not to trust it, and your first posts were shady suggestions of something being wrong without making it clear it was just your opinion, giving the impression you might have a good reason not to trust the sale.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now grown up and every thing, well sort of. I struggle to understand why someone would want a sweaty shirt signed by someone potentially half there age.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, you really didn't give a solid reason not to trust it, and your first posts were shady suggestions of something being wrong without making it clear it was just your opinion, giving the impression you might have a good reason not to trust the sale.
Post #13 states my case. That is my case, not the case. There is nothing else.

cowshed

Reaction score
It is for a fantastic cause, so far prior to this year 2.3 Billion pounds had been raised from the sale of the poppy shirts for the RBL

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is for a fantastic cause, so far prior to this year 2.3 Billion pounds had been raised from the sale of the poppy shirts for the RBL
Surprised at those figures Mendes hasn't got involved, 2.3billion wow.

Me Babbies

Reaction score
For those of you wondering regarding authenticity a few years ago I bought Big George's poppy shirt, from a BL auction of similar type. He was a sub in the poppy games and never came on the pitch.
The shirt came with a full certificate of authenticity from the club all above board.
Top player shirts went for around 800 quid at that time.
Our global reach was nowhere close to what it is now, so I'm not surprised if this year's shirts go for a couple of grand or more.

Back
Top Bottom