Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

POLL - Bruno Lage: Stick or Twist

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the issue is the board / Fosun want a compliant subservient coach who has to fit in and get on with it; the fans want a leader they can united behind

We need a bridge between the two. Fosun probably think just ignore it and playing success will smooth things over, but it’s chicken and egg - they haven’t seen an angry Molineux yet, our fans get grumpy and gratitude is short-lived. Even if I disagree, you could say that’s justified given some of the hyperbole from the owners over recent years

Let’s hope indeed the football side gets going and Fosun still mean business: Gulp

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

It’s out of our hands.
….……………………..

I do remember quite a few Mixers jeering and mocking Levy at Spurs last year because he was taking so long to find a new coach and bragging how fast Jeff hired Bruno.

Now here we are …..many want Bruno gone, and Conte is doing great with Spurs.
( let’s call a spade a spade……Nuno was only hired as a caretaker by Levy…….Nuno was totally used like white trash by Levy while he settled on Conte).

Did Jeff settle too fast with Bruno last year? Would it have wiser to hold onto Nuno for 6 months or so and find a better coach than Bruno?
Using the term “white thrash” is racist and so wrong on many levels. Especially when referring to Nuno.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the issue is the board / Fosun want a compliant subservient coach who has to fit in and get on with it; the fans want a leader they can united behind

We need a bridge between the two. Fosun probably think just ignore it and playing success will smooth things over, but it’s chicken and egg - they haven’t seen an angry Molineux yet, our fans get grumpy and gratitude is short-lived. Even if I disagree, you could say that’s justified given some of the hyperbole from the owners over recent years

Let’s hope indeed the football side gets going and Fosun still mean business: Gulp
I think you’ll find that 99% of coaches fit in and get on with it. Those that don’t get the sack. Mourinho and Conte don’t last long anywhere because whilst they have initial success they alienate people. We’re never going to have a coach who is bigger than the club who calls all the shots.

What I do agree on is we need a manager we can all get behind and trust, we had that for 3.5 years with Nuno we don’t with Lage. But again you can argue that eventually people start questioning any manager after a period of time, look at Nuno again. It just depends how quickly.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are on a downward spiral unquestionably. The heart beat of the team (Neves) has all but gone. We need a complete revamp and a new voice at the helm. As others have said though the decisions from the hierarchy have been more than bizarre. We should upgrade our recruitment policy -so much money wasted

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I voted stick - mainly because he hasn't had the backing they should have given him.

Worrying vibes that suggest they don't trust him and don't let him have the final say on player signings have me thinking it may be better if he's given the boot . Get someone in with some clout who will demand the players he needs to progress us. A yes man could leave us in big trouble next season.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

I voted stick - mainly because he hasn't had the backing they should have given him.

Worrying vibes that suggest they don't trust him and don't let him have the final say on player signings have me thinking it may be better if he's given the boot . Get someone in with some clout who will demand the players he needs to progress us. A yes man could leave us in big trouble next season.
Doesn’t matter who is in charge then as long as Sellars and Jeff call the shots. May as well have them being manager/coach etc but that would mean all the accountability falls on them and we know that won’t happen.

Back
Top Bottom