Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Poland v England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No place for racism in football. Or anywhere else.
Of course players should not be abused because of their race. Most players are abused at times for performance issues.
But the walk off thing by England tonight or any other night would have a large whiff of hypocrisy.
Its an hypocrisy that I am guilty of myself.
More than 6,500 construction workers have died building new stadiums for the Qatar world cup.

Largely from India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
They are not black, but they do matter.
Everyone, including England players should reflect on this.
If they want to make a profound statement they should boycott tonight's game for the reason that all lives matter.
Of course the irony is that I have the same dilemma.
I've been to every world cup since 2002.
I have provisional accommodation booked to enable me to go to Qatar.
Does that make me a hypocrite. Yes it does.
I wrestle with it. I'm still not sure what to do. If it was tomorrow I would go. If I was selected tonight I would play.
If I was a player I would like to think I would highlight this issue, but I understand that there will be pressure to say nothing.
Of course, its easy for me to say because I'm not getting the abuse.

Whilst taking the figures mentioned this publication's article on good faith and seeing first hand the very real dangers of working alongside construction companies in a number of developing/third world countries, I think, in the interest of accuracy, it would probably be helpful if you read their article.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again a small minority of racist *******s tarnishing the image of the majority. Polish people, like most people all over the world, are good people who just wanna get along. These knuckle draggers must be defeated. The ****s!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again a small minority of racist *******s tarnishing the image of the majority. Polish people, like most people all over the world, are good people who just wanna get along. These knuckle draggers must be defeated. The ****s!
My starting point, until they prove otherwise, is that all people regardless of origin are good and decent.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Problem is they can't be defeated. Time is the only thing that will see this battle won. Sad thing now with the world the way it is regarding morons having a platform through social media is that we are handing them victory on a plate. Walking off, kicking up a storm after the fact etc is exactly what these groups want, it is a badge of honour to them.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course players should not be abused because of their race. Most players are abused at times for performance issues.
But the walk off thing by England tonight or any other night would have a large whiff of hypocrisy.
More than 6,500 construction workers have died building new stadiums for the Qatar world cup.

If they want to make a profound statement they should boycott tonight's game for the reason that all lives matter.
I wrestle with it. I'm still not sure what to do. If it was tomorrow I would go. If I was selected tonight I would play.
If I was a player I would like to think I would highlight this issue, but I understand that there will be pressure to say nothing.
The governments of those respective countries, the government of Qatar and FIFA are responsible in varying degrees for this human tragedy. Those itinerant workers went abroad to earn an honest living but never came back home to their families. Difficult one for fans. I'm thinking of boycotting by not buying any merchandise whatsoever nor watching games. Shocking all this, supposedly in the name of football. Shocking.

Hazza

Reaction score

We’d planned to go to 2022 for years as a retirement thing but gradually after looking into it more and more we’re not going to go, will wait for 2026 in USA, Canada and Mexico.
Some of stories from Qatar are horrendous, not just migrant workers but various groups that are Mis treated.

Money talks though and there’s no way the FA would pull the England tram out

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem is they can't be defeated. Time is the only thing that will see this battle won. Sad thing now with the world the way it is regarding morons having a platform through social media is that we are handing them victory on a plate. Walking off, kicking up a storm after the fact etc is exactly what these groups want, it is a badge of honour to them.
Doing nothing is an abdication by decent people.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
“Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject.”

(John Stuart Mill)

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea what is up with Kane but he can hardly move any more, he looks 38 not 28.

R

reanswolf

Poland in general is a very tolerant, open country and l’ve been there with friends of all colours and never experienced anything negative at all.

The political climate is not great due the ruling Law and Justice party and there are plenty of conservative people in rural areas, but, like many racists, they are a loud, brutish minority who make the rest of the fans / nation look bad.

I hope football is what we are discussing tonight. I honestly don’t believe that this pre-emotion of bad behaviour is useful either as it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It’s not like we’ve got the cleanest of history when it comes to things like this either, which l think is a double edged sword as lots of Eastern European extremists always fancy a bit of a run-in with the ‘mother of football’
Why the do they leave our national anthem alone, and then boo TTK loudly? What is their mindset? Genuine question.
Thoughts? Are they the same as the Hungarians who were largely undoubtedly racist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet Man City are saying " thank god we kept the 150m in our pocket.
Kane looks unfit (still)

R

reanswolf

Kane has always moved like a carthorse but lethal in the box nevertheless.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? Even though TV clearly showed that most were fouls? Opinionated is fine, repetitive is tedious but consistently wrong is a step too far. One more who's future posts l won't be seeing.
Wow blocking someone's posts because they aren't a Grealish fan boy.
On another note your posts fill the whole forum of constant drivel

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Well done to ref for not falling for Grealish and Sterling's constant diving
There was one incident on the far side where their defender put his hand on Grealish’s shoulder .At worst it was a push that would propel him forward .Somehow Grealish managed to fall backwards with both feet off the ground .The Ref told him to get up .He is an utter bloody cheat

R

reanswolf

Indeed. But did you really think English players were driven by decency and morality?
I know its tough generalising, but this is why so many don't like players in effect entering the moral or socio-political arena.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was one incident on the far side where their defender put his hand on Grealish’s shoulder .At worst it was a push that would propel him forward .Somehow Grealish managed to fall backwards with both feet off the ground .The Ref told him to get up .He is an utter bloody cheat
This ref has so far made Mike Dean look superb. Did he get one corner or throw in decision right in the first 10 mins? Not to mention the Philips booking but nothing for their bloke for a similar foul.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This kind of *******s about Qatar has been published on here before stating that 6500 people have died contructing world cup stadiums. Utter ****ing nonsense. There is an averge population of over 2m workers who are asian nationals in Qatar over the 10 years period. So its like the equivalent of a 20m population in 1 year. Those 6500 deaths are a variety of causes including suicides and car accidents. The industrial accident rate is very much on a par with the UK. The suicide rate of asians in qatar is lower that the general suicide rate in England. 6500 deaths from 20m person years is very unexceptional but that doesnt suit the left wing views so it gets conflated into another message. By all means have a go at Qatar for some of their practices but this 6500 died constucting stadiums is complete and utter *******s.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
All this holding by the Polish defenders as we break and not a card

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Mount and Grealish together.

Playing in the same positions.

If you have Grealish on the wing you want the fullback to be very aggressive which Shaw can do. But then you want the CAM to be selfish and get into the box, make runs in behind and look to score goals.

I'd play Lingard over Mount in this team.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
If Shaw is going to play can we get a more flattering strip ? He looks like the LB from The Dog and Duck with his shape

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Shaw is going to play can we get a more flattering strip ? He looks like the LB from The Dog and Duck with his shape
And the Mrs reckons size doesn't matter :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom