Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Please don’t sign Hwang

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The couple of good finishes he scored against Newcastle really conned us didn't they? I still don't know why we rushed to make the deal permanent, maybe we heard some other clubs were sniffing around and panicked before Hwang got his head turned, that's the only reason I could see us doing that.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we can flip him to one of the promoted sides.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At least we didn't pay a fortune for him and maybe we'll get a significant part of it back through merchandising in Korea, who knows.

But I still wouldn't like to see him play for us again. Awful, awful footballer.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’ll need to explain how Twitter works but it looks like it’s not a post by Podence.
It's not - it's showing a list of tweets that DP has "Liked" not what he's posted personally. However, I've taken a look at his profile and it's not listed under his Likes. That means that either (a) he's retracted his Like (he may not have meant to) or (b) somebody faked it up. Obviously, it that's a direct screenshot from Bognor Wolf's phone then I suppose DP must have liked in the first place.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I’m one of the more level headed posters on here, but I’m adamant this signing is dodgy.

No one gets sold for multi million pounds and is this bad. No one.

I’m 42 years old, at best a traditional centre half if the truest sense of the word, and I genuinely think I have more natural ability then this clown. It’s getting farcical now. I simply refuse to believe he is a professional footballer.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's possible something isn't right with him as he's played at a decent level and he cannot possibly be as bad as he looks right now. However, why is he getting games? Even trincao is vastly better. In fact trincao finally showed signs of what he can do yet plays far less than when he was utter tosh.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can anyone blame the likes of Chiquinho, Fabio, Podence being ****ed off today. Our esteemed head coach brings on a guy who cant control a ball ahead of them. What the heck is going on? I'd prefer Ait Nouri alongside Raul to this guy. I am staggered we have paid money for this bloke.

Last edited:

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Money wasted. He needs to go out on loan and out of our squad.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just went to Podence twitter and the like is gone.
So either he regretted it or the above is fake.
It’s real, I managed to check it myself on the way back from the game. A few minutes later after it had been shared around on twitter Podence had unliked it

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They signed him to cover for the embarrassment of the Traore deal.

They thought they had to save face and they made things worse.

Don't want to go further in on the lad but what can you do? It's getting worse now. He's already cost us six months of MGW. He's stopping Silva's development. But it's that obvious the blame can no longer be on Hwang because he's that far off it it's a joke.

What makes me laugh on here is those that slate Adama. Make no mistake. Adama is a million times the player this guy is and Adama is by no means perfect. Will those that slate Adama after he left do the same with this guy? I doubt some of them will.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not surprised.

Let's not forget Sellars sneering about Nuno days after he left that 'He had the opportunity to sign Hwang and Olmo (yeah right) but chose Podence' (whilst sniggering). It was incredible disrespect for a player who was at the time injured and has since carried us until his most recent injury.

Sellars is a disease. I know people have claimed he's 'well respected in football', but how many times have you ever heard anyone break rank about someone in the game whilst that person is still in the game? I judge him on what he's doing here - failing catastrophically.

It he left tomorrow, he'd never get another job in football. As for Hwang, as Tring said he made a few half decent runs in behind, but his touch and decision making is championship level. Today it was chronic, and that Raul played in Dendoncker instead when Hwang was better placed says everything you need to know.

You are wrong, Adrian. Sellars would walk into a job at Tipton Town,

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been a few hours and having time to reflect upon his performance today,and throughout the season, I have changed my opinion in Hwang. It isn't fair to say he us useless, as that is doing a disservice to those who are genuinely useless. This guy is less than useless, a traffic cone left in a single spot for 90 minutes would most likely control a ball better than him, and may even divert it to a wolves player.

Clipboard

Reaction score
It's possible something isn't right with him as he's played at a decent level and he cannot possibly be as bad as he looks right now. However, why is he getting games? Even trincao is vastly better. In fact trincao finally showed signs of what he can do yet plays far less than when he was utter tosh.
Yep. He can't be as bad as he been looking (very bad). He's clearly in a bad place and Bruno is not doing him or us any favours by constantly playing him. What is going on?

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If they announce they have given this guy away to Grasshoppers ( if they will have him) they may find an uptake in ST renewals. He's that bad and the whole situation is that bizarre..

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is dodgy. You might not want to admit it as it’s Wolves etc, but it’s dodgy.

He is not a professional footballer. No chance.
Yep, does scream dodgy. Think Shi is more drawn to the marketing side of things nowadays than the footballing side.

MontyR

Reaction score
As critical of him as I’ve been recently, I won’t go as far as to say he’s utter crap. He showed promise at the beginning of the season and he showed promise at his previous clubs. He’s just terribly underperforming at the moment.

What I will criticise now, however, is his selection over the other players. There is no way in hell he should have gotten the nod over Podence, Chiquinho, Fabio and even Trincao today, nor should he have gotten the nod over them in any match these last few months. Another poster said there’s a contractual obligation for him to play and I’d believe it.

There’s obviously a push to grow our brand in South Korea, which is smart from a business perspective, but that push is negatively impacting the growth of other players like Fabio and Chiquinho who fully deserve to be given a chance when another player is dreadfully underperforming.

I refuse to believe that Bruno is picking Hwang out of choice.

jim_boner

Groupie
Reaction score
I’m really not one to get on wolves players backs. But wow that was bad. Agree with somebody who said that if Neto doesn’t go off injured we win that game. He looked so dangerous and then hwang came on and looked calamitous.
I’ve tried to retain faith that he’ll come good but I just don’t see it.
I can only hope that we do an adobe deal and flip him for a small profit (or respectable loss).

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing I do wonder is:
He was signed for 7 million (potentially rising to 10) from Salzburg.
How then could his value suddenly be 12-14 million aften one rather unsuccessful season at Leipzig.
Spiers and others have talked about this being a bargain. Its not. In fact Leipzig probably couldn't believe their luck.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is dodgy. You might not want to admit it as it’s Wolves etc, but it’s dodgy.

He is not a professional footballer. No chance.
Some strange deals this season - can also include buying an ageing Japanese midfielder at what appears to be an inflated price and sending him straight back to the Swiss club on loan

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As most other people I dont think he's good enough.
However I'm also wondering how much our style of play effects him.
Just read this analysis from 2 years ago, about his time at Salzburg.

It says that he contributed to an awful lot of their goals, often due to his ability to "to combine well with his teammates well always looking to find the incisive pass into space"

It also praises his workrate and role in the team press.
All of the above makes him a classic Red Bull player.
However he now plays for the team playing mainly on the counter. He receives the ball much further back and it tends to highlight the weaknesses also mentioned in the article, including his decision making.

So in a sense I understand Lage signing him if the goal was to play a highpress, high line style of play with lots of quick passes in and around the box.
What I don't understand, is signing him when our strikers are completely isolated and often receive the ball far away from the goal.
Neither do I understand putting him on yesterday. Yes he's fast, bur he's really not a counterattacking player.

And yes I concede that he might simply not be good enough, that his first touch is too poor for PL football, etc.

However I am wondering how our style of play effects him.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As most other people I dont think he's good enough.
However I'm also wondering how much our style of play effects him.
Just read this analysis from 2 years ago, about his time at Salzburg.

It says that he contributed to an awful lot of their goals, often due to his ability to "to combine well with his teammates well always looking to find the incisive pass into space"

It also praises his workrate and role in the team press.
All of the above makes him a classic Red Bull player.
However he now plays for the team playing mainly on the counter. He receives the ball much further back and it tends to highlight the weaknesses also mentioned in the article, including his decision making.

So in a sense I understand Lage signing him if the goal was to play a highpress, high line style of play with lots of quick passes in and around the box.
What I don't understand, is signing him when our strikers are completely isolated and often receive the ball far away from the goal.
Neither do I understand putting him on yesterday. Yes he's fast, bur he's really not a counterattacking player.

And yes I concede that he might simply not be good enough, that his first touch is too poor for PL football, etc.

However I am wondering how our style of play effects him.
There may be an element of truth in this as we all know our style of play over the last couple of years has impacted negativity on our attacking players. Throw some of our attacker into positive teams and their numbers would undoubtedly be higher.

However, Hwang inability to control a football has nothing to do with the previous statement unless of course his confidence is shot to bits resulting in his ability mirroring that of a Sunday league centre half.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There may be an element of truth in this as we all know our style of play over the last couple of years has impacted negativity on our attacking players. Throw some of our attacker into positive teams and their numbers would undoubtedly be higher.

However, Hwang inability to control a football has nothing to do with the previous statement unless of course his confidence is shot to bits resulting in his ability mirroring that of a Sunday league centre half.
Harsh

On Sunday League centre halves

D

Deleted member drgr12429

When you see the slating he gets on here and social media you could put it down to people not knowing. When your team mates don't pass to you, or laugh at you then you know something isn't right. Fabio was laughing at him yesterday, and Podence had his head in his hands. Pro players know the score.
Like others have said it can only be a contractual thing with Hwang. No manager on earth plays him unless he's the only guy on the bench. Yesterday Chiquinho all day over Hwang.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you see the slating he gets on here and social media you could put it down to people not knowing. When your team mates don't pass to you, or laugh at you then you know something isn't right. Fabio was laughing at him yesterday, and Podence had his head in his hands. Pro players know the score.
Like others have said it can only be a contractual thing with Hwang. No manager on earth plays him unless he's the only guy on the bench. Yesterday Chiquinho all day over Hwang.

Some sort of loan clause? but what would be in his loan clause. X amount of appearances lowers wage bill? or future signing fee.

Not much makes sense, as we wouldn't want to sign him for his 2022 form

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang has a first touch further than I can kick a ball. He needs to work very hard in the coming weeks to justify staying in the squad. He can finish , he has shown that but his confidence looks shot and others appear to not trust him to either finish or be in the right place.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A forward who signs for Wolves, scores in his first handful of games and seems like the Messiah, only to go on a long barren run...

...he's the new Stephen Ward! An illustrious career at full-back awaits him.

Back
Top Bottom