Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Please don’t sign Hwang

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it sums things up when Jimenez was running through the middle and had a choice of playing him in to his left or Dendoncker to his right and decided Dendoncker was the better option.

Dendoncker is shockingly bad in front of goal and yet if you replayed that 10 times I’d still back Jimenez decision to give it to Dendoncker every time…

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worst player I have seen at Wolves in the past five years by a country mile, and I include opposition players in that, and during that time we've played Chorley and West Brom.

Shocking for the past few matches, barely got a single basic touch right today.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it sums things up when Jimenez was running through the middle and had a choice of playing him in to his left or Dendoncker to his right and decided Dendoncker was the better option.

Dendoncker is shockingly bad in front of goal and yet if you replayed that 10 times I’d still back Jimenez decision to give it to Dendoncker every time…

100% this. You could SEE Raul's thought process in that instant. Glanced left, glanced right, and he was "Oh, FFS." When Dendoncker is the better option for scoring, something is really, really wrong. But in that scenario he absolutely was.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's on Jimenez more than Hwang. I think he would've tapped it in an empty net with a better ball but who knows.
Its the decision to try and slide next to it, rather than staying on his feet and get it (Which he could have done) that seems to baffle me.
What I dont get about Hwang is, that Ive seen him play much better in CL for Salzburg. He seemed both faster and more techincally gifted than what we see now.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The worrying thing is I actually thought it was one of his better performances in recent weeks…
Bloody hell Tring!

I can’t remember anything any good he did today. Can you?

He’s been awful for weeks now and has contributed zero.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Bloody hell Tring!

I can’t remember anything any good he did today. Can you?

He’s been awful for weeks now and has contributed zero.

Thought he made a couple of pretty well-timed runs in behind. Admittedly what followed wasn’t great…

It was very much a back-handed compliment.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Its the decision to try and slide next to it, rather than staying on his feet and get it (Which he could have done) that seems to baffle me.
What I dont get about Hwang is, that Ive seen him play much better in CL for Salzburg. He seemed both faster and more techincally gifted than what we see now.
If you watch it back though he doesn’t sprint to get into the position for the tap in…he holds back like he’s scared of missing an empty net.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he made a couple of pretty well-timed runs in behind. Admittedly what followed wasn’t great…

It was very much a back-handed compliment.

He also had a decent shot at goal...
He's not an awful player. He's just not good enough for this level. We could've guessed that of course, because he hardly set the Bundesliga on fire either.
Like I mentioned earlier, he was a player I'd some hopes for, after having been impressed by him at Salzburg. He really did play his part in the early succes of Haaland, and he was really good in the CL.
But he doesnt look like a PL player. Not his fault of course, but I do blame those in charge of transfers...

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful performance from him today. Needs to take a look in the mirror over the summer.

Would have been better playing with 10.

Not even a decent squad filler. Got this signing massively wrong

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have we kept the receipt? Can we send him back. Think today was one of the worst performances I seen by a wolves premier league player.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% this. You could SEE Raul's thought process in that instant. Glanced left, glanced right, and he was "Oh, FFS." When Dendoncker is the better option for scoring, something is really, really wrong. But in that scenario he absolutely was.
Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. Ignoring players in good positions because they're utter ****e is the kind of thing you see at Sunday League level.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
All he had to do was stop the ball from going out, so decides to slide to keep it in...

Terrible player.

In my opinion we would have got something out of the game with Chico instead of him.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely dreadful today. I can’t believe we’re spending so much money on him.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They signed him to cover for the embarrassment of the Traore deal.

They thought they had to save face and they made things worse.

Don't want to go further in on the lad but what can you do? It's getting worse now. He's already cost us six months of MGW. He's stopping Silva's development. But it's that obvious the blame can no longer be on Hwang because he's that far off it it's a joke.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Feel a bit sorry for him. He was better at the start of the season, right? It's a distant memory now.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the players know he's not good enough.

Either Lage is deluded, or he's getting made to play by Jeff Shi.

Having international players for marketing only works if they're good enough to actually start for you.

Because as soon as Hwang leaves they won't care about us. Just like Mexican fans won't care when Raul leaves.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 28025

Seems Podence isn't a massive fan...
Not surprised.

Let's not forget Sellars sneering about Nuno days after he left that 'He had the opportunity to sign Hwang and Olmo (yeah right) but chose Podence' (whilst sniggering). It was incredible disrespect for a player who was at the time injured and has since carried us until his most recent injury.

Sellars is a disease. I know people have claimed he's 'well respected in football', but how many times have you ever heard anyone break rank about someone in the game whilst that person is still in the game? I judge him on what he's doing here - failing catastrophically.

It he left tomorrow, he'd never get another job in football. As for Hwang, as Tring said he made a few half decent runs in behind, but his touch and decision making is championship level. Today it was chronic, and that Raul played in Dendoncker instead when Hwang was better placed says everything you need to know.

Last edited:

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not surprised.

Let's not forget Sellars sneering about Nuno days after he left that 'He had the opportunity to sign Hwang and Olmo (yeah right) but chose Podence (whilst sniggering). It was incredible disrespect for a player who was at the time injured and has since carried us until his most recent injury.

Sellars is a disease. I know people have claimed he's 'well respected in football', but how many times have you ever heard anyone break rank about someone in the game whilst that person is still in the game? I judge him on what he's doing here - failing catastrophically.

It he left tomorrow, he'd never get another job in football. As for Hwang, as Tring said he made a few half decent runs in behind, but his touch and decision making is championship level. Today it was chronic, and that Raul played in Dendoncker instead when Hwang was better placed says everything you need to know.
Things seem pretty bad behind the scenes . Like people have said Shi runs the show and right now it's not a great look weather its good for the Korean Market or whatever. Its amateur.
I too laughed at the ball control, comedy gold.
If Bruno is asked to play him it's disgraceful from shi.
If Bruno picks him over others it's shocking management too.
If Bruno picks him regularly he's out of his depth.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel a bit sorry for him. He was better at the start of the season, right? It's a distant memory now.
His career path is following that of Bonatini.

Back
Top Bottom