Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Please don’t sign Hwang

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang’s signing alone is justification for not allowing Lage to spend a penny. £14m from a net-zero budget ranks as one of the worst signings in our history despite some stiff competition. Sell him for as much as we can and include Lage in the deal!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread will get brought up when he scores his next tap in by people using it as a “you don’t know what you’re talking about”.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were in for him long before Lage was on the scene, one of Kevin Thelwells dossiers.

View attachment 27881

Speaks volumes about the recruitment team at the club.

It does indeed. Remember Spiers writing about how the recruitment team pursued him for a long time, but Nuno was opposed to it.
Says the same here:

"Why Nuno has reservations about Hwang, who has won five trophies in five years at Salzburg, remains a mystery. Perhaps, burned by Patrick Cutrone’s struggles in England, he has doubts whether a young and largely unproven Hwang can adapt to a physical and fast-paced league."

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does indeed. Remember Spiers writing about how the recruitment team pursued him for a long time, but Nuno was opposed to it.
Says the same here:

"Why Nuno has reservations about Hwang, who has won five trophies in five years at Salzburg, remains a mystery. Perhaps, burned by Patrick Cutrone’s struggles in England, he has doubts whether a young and largely unproven Hwang can adapt to a physical and fast-paced league."

"The board had signed off on a potential deal to get him in, but Nuno is said to have called it off."

A different article on the same matter.

I think after Nuno left they changed the recruitment around to be more like a committee rather than one person having a veto - as part of the continuity planning.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were in for him long before Lage was on the scene, one of Kevin Thelwells dossiers.

View attachment 27881

Speaks volumes about the recruitment team at the club.
Lage had opportunity to see him up close. He ,like many of our fans, seems to have been won over by a couple of routine finishes against Newcastle. By December it was clear he has a terrible first touch and that alone makes him unsuited to the fastest, most competitive league in the world. Mind you I bet he’d still look **** in the Seoul Sunday League Division12!

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage had opportunity to see him up close. He ,like many of our fans, seems to have been won over by a couple of routine finishes against Newcastle. By December it was clear he has a terrible first touch and that alone makes him unsuited to the fastest, most competitive league in the world. Mind you I bet he’d still look **** in the Seoul Sunday League Division12!

City's big weakness is being attacked with pace - hence Adama always turns up Vs it, they're frightened of it.

Hwang is our paciest player, our squad is bare bones and has pathetic levels of depth.

I'd have preferred to see Fabio given a go, but can understand the rationale behind subbing on pace.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Lage makes the signings, pretty sure he’s given options, and I can imagine doesn’t have a huge amount of choice.

Hwang looked good until the Newcastle game, but since he’s got his bumper pay deal his form/ ability has nose dived.

Why did we take up the option to sign him so early? We could have kept him for the season and at least then you suspect he might have kept trying a bit more at least.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City's big weakness is being attacked with pace - hence Adama always turns up Vs it, they're frightened of it.

Hwang is our paciest player, our squad is bare bones and has pathetic levels of depth.

I'd have preferred to see Fabio given a go, but can understand the rationale behind subbing on pace.

Is Hwang that fast, I know he is on FIFA but I haven't watched him play and thought he looks quick. Average if anything

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beginning to annoy that this guy is stopping Silva's development aswell.
No, hang on, you can criticise him for his lack of effort, ability to read the game, close control, positional play or shooting. You wouldn't get an argument if you said he fell over too easily, or cost too much, but saying he is the reason wonderboy is crap is going too far.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"The board had signed off on a potential deal to get him in, but Nuno is said to have called it off."

A different article on the same matter.

I think after Nuno left they changed the recruitment around to be more like a committee rather than one person having a veto - as part of the continuity planning.
I would love to know who was on that committee. I reckon it was Jeff and a couple of nodding dogs.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think any of our players are "that fast", Adama excepted.

Hwang is still the paciest option off the bench, he's quick enough when he gets going.

I can't remember him running past anybody or even not getting caught up when dribbling. I wouldn't say he's any faster then Silva

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still think he could do ok around the box but his first touch and overall play is absolutely awful. We improved markedly when he got injured this season.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This signing just proves how out of their depth Sellars and Shi are. Why are we wasting 12million or so on him? There was literally no reason to trigger the deal so early. What a waste.

It's actually a sackable offence and I'm fine if people want to boo Hwang till there forced to sell him.

Honestly don't want to see him play for us again

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's actually a sackable offence and I'm fine if people want to boo Hwang till there forced to sell him.

If it's a sign of things to come in the Summer then we're well and truly ****ed.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's an odd player.

Take last night as an example.

An absolutely beautiful touch to turn the Man City defender, then a God-awful second touch to mess it up.

We've seen that quite a bit. Something great followed by something awful.

He clearly has ability, so maybe with a bit more coaching, he could get a lot better.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surely we’ve got to try and move him on in the summer. If we can get £5mill for him at least we can put it to better use.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
No, hang on, you can criticise him for his lack of effort, ability to read the game, close control, positional play or shooting. You wouldn't get an argument if you said he fell over too easily, or cost too much, but saying he is the reason wonderboy is crap is going too far.
Wonderboy isnt crap and the point being made is he isn't going to get better if Hwang keeps getting minutes instead of him

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonderboy isnt crap and the point being made is he isn't going to get better if Hwang keeps getting minutes instead of him
Fair enough. I actually quite like Fabio and crap is too strong a word. I apologise.

I also get the point being made, but the sad fact is Fabio has had 840 minutes on the pitch this season, and never looked like scoring. It is nowhere near good enough and you can't put that at the foot of Hwang.

If you did he wouldn't be able to control it mind.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough. I actually quite like Fabio and crap is too strong a word. I apologise.

I also get the point being made, but the sad fact is Fabio has had 840 minutes on the pitch this season, and never looked like scoring. It is nowhere near good enough and you can't put that at the foot of Hwang.

If you did he wouldn't be able to control it mind.

In fairness to fabio, and even huang, none of our forwards can score and they barely get any chances. Doncks seems to get more chances than everyone.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

We had pace. We sold the one to Liverpool, and we gave the other away for a bargain bucket and a side of beans.
The pace we have now is Neto, who isn't fit, and Chiquinho, who is as raw as sushi.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoping his early form for us will help us flip him for a profit this summer, think a newly promoted team would be interested and take him

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang’s signing alone is justification for not allowing Lage to spend a penny. £14m from a net-zero budget ranks as one of the worst signings in our history despite some stiff competition. Sell him for as much as we can and include Lage in the deal!
I do wish these muppet Albion fans would stay to their own forum.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You're fine booing a player who just isn't good enough?

Ridiculous position to take.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may not be good enough for The Premiership but at £14 million what do you expect a goal machine ?
Considering Jimmy and Neto started the season as injured this decision was stupid.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He ain’t going anywhere….it is obvious he is only in the team to sell shirts in the Far East. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bruno doesn’t have a choice as to if he plays or not….there can’t be any other reason for him being picked!?
I got pelters for saying exactly that a couple of weeks ago by the Happy Clappers on here. I still think there was something fishy about this signing and why Bruno doggedly goes on picking him when we can all see he is completely ****ing useless

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His first touch is terrible. I really can’t believe a team with as little cash to spend as us has wasted so much of it on Hwang.

Yep that really is the crux of the matter.....
Sellars say's they aren't going to throw the money around to bankrupt the club but then they waste millions on the Cutrone's and Hwangs of the world.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yep that really is the crux of the matter.....
Sellars say's they aren't going to throw the money around to bankrupt the club but then they waste millions on the Cutrone's and Hwangs of the world.
Cutrone goes under the radar at just how bad he is don't he? On apparently £60k a week for another year, already been outscored by Hwang for Wolves.

Atrocious.

Honestly wonder whether we will offer to buy him out at 70% of his deal or something.

Back
Top Bottom