Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Please don’t sign Hwang

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benfica fan comment on pedrinho

He was by far the best Benfica player in technical terms, the only one capable of dribbling opponents, pulling a rabbit out of a hat, creating imbalances.

But the Brasileirão mage didn't like the boy, any **** on the field served to complain to the boy.

In the game with Estrela for the cup, at 10 minutes he was already calling for him, the boy had suffered 2 clear fouls and he said that he was always on the ground.

He will be another one of JJ's injured, who never realized that the best position for him was behind the striker, and never on a wing having to make pools.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is why free market economics are a nonsense and a fairytale. Markets are merely representations of power structures and therefore are skewed by and perpetuate existing power imbalance. Don't put your faith in them, or hope they will ever benefit your football club! Unless you are Barcelona of course.
With respect, ( and I’m sincere), money has NO loyalty and thats why they are neither nonsense or fairytale.

If I front you £10,000 to invest in the markets and tell you that you can keep the gains after two years ,( provided you return my £10,000 ), then I think you won’t think the markets are skewed. ). Very likely you might forget dogma and instead apply your smarts to making a profit for yourself.

Remember the Bunkers and their attempt at monopolizing the silver market in the early 80s?

Money has no loyalty.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course "Money has no loyalty." It is just a token of exchange. It cannot have values. It does not even have intrinsic value. The value of money and the form of markets is created by people, who themselves do have values and preferences and culture, none of which are always obedient to logic or any natural law. Take for example your own valuation of Daniel Podence which I hope you will agree is open to debate.
The complex of markets that exist within football are a case in point. There is for example FFP, market regulation, the need for which and the form of which, is entirely down to a subjective and often self-interested position. My view on the impracticality of a free market, in football or any other Sphere, is the very antithesis of dogma. The possibility of a free market rests on a number of assumptions about equality of access to materials and information - power relationships.
I am not sure what you mean by the phrase "apply your smarts", but it seems you are making an assumption that I might want to make a profit for myself in the circumstances you outline. This is another assumption that is not necessarily the case and is relevant to a consideration of the application of market economics to sport, as is often evident when we look at the ownership of football clubs and the way they operate in consequence.

Last edited:

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It just really ****es me off how on the back of the "committee" stating they wont risk finances on finishing a place or two up the league, then spend £14m on Hwang. Add that to the £35m spent on Silva.

Best part of £50m can barely even offer any threat to Newcastle or Burnley.

Simply, our recruitment is DIRE.
There is no other way to put it.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had one good run in the first half. Absolutely dreadful other than that. If there is any way to get out of this deal we should be doing it.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's nowhere near good enough but he was at least trying today.

No complaints with him when you look at his teammates.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reminds me of Michael Branch. The crap version.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had one good run in the first half. Absolutely dreadful other than that. If there is any way to get out of this deal we should be doing it.

He scored some one v ones and some tap ins

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was our best player yesterday, particularly in the first half. It doesn't say much about the rest of the team. Maybe an argument can be made to say Silva was as good in the first half.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
He was our best player yesterday, particularly in the first half. It doesn't say much about the rest of the team. Maybe an argument can be made to say Silva was as good in the first half.
Get out of here with that talk. This is a Hwang bashing thread only!

(whispers): Shhhh. I agree with what you said but I dare not make myself known for fear of my safety. The anti-Hwang bias is rancid hear. Can you get me out? Please. Help me.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was one of our better players in the first half, but the bar was extremely low and he was absolutely awful in the second. We’re talking about spending £14m on this guy when we don’t have much money to spend!

R

reanswolf

I haven't really been impressed at all, but yesterday he showed more than all the others except Ait Nouri and later on Neto.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Touches of Adama yesterday with great turns and direct runs through the middle.

Also touches of Adama as he was absolutely **** otherwise.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah he looks like he wants it, but technically he's average and he's somewhere between a second striker and wide forward a la Neto. Couple of nice runs and finishes and we panicked and signed him, thing is he's not that bad just not a standard that we need there.
^nobody came out of yesterday with more than a 3/10 except maybe Silva and Coady.

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
I agree that Hwang was better in the first half yesterday than Fabio, yet one gets sympathy and the other dogs abuse (sorry). In reality all of our attackers are under-performing so we just need to cut out blaming Adama, Fabio, Hwang or whoever and address the root cause. Only problem is I'm not sure what that is; the system, the manager?

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree that Hwang was better in the first half yesterday than Fabio, yet one gets sympathy and the other dogs abuse (sorry). In reality all of our attackers are under-performing so we just need to cut out blaming Adama, Fabio, Hwang or whoever and address the root cause. Only problem is I'm not sure what that is; the system, the manager?
Fabio was far better than Hwang in the first half, although Hwang did one or two good things, one good run, one good cut back in the box (and one to no one earlier). Fabio has much better control; he is better physically (which given the age difference he shouldn't be); he has better vision and is starting to judge what's around him before he receives the ball, he is one of those players that has time, and this can only improve. Hwang's first touch is awful; his passing is irratic; and he changed yesterday from diving and staying on the ground to waving his arms in the direction of team mates when he wanted the crowd/lage or whoever to blame his teammates rather than him. He is a bench player at best, come on for the last 10 minutes and pray for a miracle.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I haven't really been impressed at all, but yesterday he showed more than all the others except Ait Nouri and later on Neto.

A little off topic but sometimes I think I’m watching a different game. I never saw Dendoncker playing right wing as many have said and also Ait Nouri seemed to try first half but nothing coming off and so ultimately was pretty poor. On the telly he was seen absolutely blowing his guts out before a corner around 85th minute... How does a young kid like him end up gassed every time he plays. Possibly it’s still Ramadan and he has been fasting, I confess am not aware of the timings Islamic worship practices. But it’s been a constant theme all season, will it be a long term fitness concern or will he grow out of it?

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Hwang's issue much like several of our attackers is that they require numbers around them to be effective and don't possess the ability of someone like Jota or Adama who could carry our entire attacking outlet on their shoulders so when we go to a 532 and Hwang and Silva are isolated up top by themselves we can't create anything, yet if you put them into a situation where there is perhaps two of Neto, Podence or Raul also up there to pass to and feed off who perhaps are a bit better equipped at creating something out of nothing they may perform better.

In essence it's he same dilemma that we have had defensively that lead to the back 5 but at the other end of the field, the system protects the fact the defenders might not be the best through defending in numbers at the expense of the attack, for us to be an attacking threat with the players we have we need a system that does the same thing but for the attackers

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio was far better than Hwang in the first half, although Hwang did one or two good things, one good run, one good cut back in the box (and one to no one earlier). Fabio has much better control; he is better physically (which given the age difference he shouldn't be); he has better vision and is starting to judge what's around him before he receives the ball, he is one of those players that has time, and this can only improve. Hwang's first touch is awful; his passing is irratic; and he changed yesterday from diving and staying on the ground to waving his arms in the direction of team mates when he wanted the crowd/lage or whoever to blame his teammates rather than him. He is a bench player at best, come on for the last 10 minutes and pray for a miracle.
I would agree with that. Hwang and Fabio actually tried to link up and if Hwang had a bit more composure he could have set Fabio up. Second half he was dreadful when he was pushed wider. He did drop back and defend on a couple of occasions. I would agree he is a bench player at best.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He is not a winger, id have much rather have carried on with him and silva as a front 2 yesterday than putting Raul on, he has always done much better in a two than as a winger he is a square peg in a round hole playing wide.

I'm not overly impressed however I don't feel we are using him in a system what suits him, he is a poacher useful inside the box with a big centre forward however he is and always will be completely ineffective as a winger. When he was scoring earlier in the season he was in the box now he seems to rarely be in there.

Back
Top Bottom