Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Players you'd like us to be looking at

• Thread starter Deleted member 8455jwf
  • Start date

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Dreaming is for free...here are some quicker, young CBs that I would love to have:

Maxence LaCroix
William Saliba
Edmond Tapsoba
Axel Disasi
Evan Ndicka
Goncalo Inacio

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yunus Musah from Valencia while they are in financial trouble. Can play centrally or on the wing, rapid and can drive the ball forward, only 19 and in the USA set up so brings in the american fans whilst originally being in Arsenal's academy so also counts as a home-grown player.

A midfield 3 of him and Gibbs-White with Palhihna doing the defending behind them would be exciting to see.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Yunus Musah from Valencia while they are in financial trouble. Can play centrally or on the wing, rapid and can drive the ball forward, only 19 and in the USA set up so brings in the american fans whilst originally being in Arsenal's academy so also counts as a home-grown player.

A midfield 3 of him and Gibbs-White with Palhihna doing the defending behind them would be exciting to see.

This one checks* so many boxes it’s unreal.

(American for “ticks”. It must be catching.)

Last edited:

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Came here to say this exact thing. He’s been a key figure in the USMNT midfield which helped them reach the World Cup.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really feel this summer we should get Goncalo Guedes in from Valencia really think he is just the player we need going forward, 11 goals and 6 assists for an average Valencia team feel he has all the attributes to be a success in the Premier League!
Agree but something tells me he’ll end up at Roma.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really feel this summer we should get Goncalo Guedes in from Valencia really think he is just the player we need going forward, 11 goals and 6 assists for an average Valencia team feel he has all the attributes to be a success in the Premier League!
If we only make 2 transfers this summer , it needs to guedes n palhinha......be about 40/45m....sell traore, Sanderson and as many fringe players as possible, if we don't get the money for Ruben....(which isn't a given)...

People might disagree but I would sell Gibbs to bring palhinha and Guedes in..if we had too...

Last edited:

Raymont

Reaction score
Jesús Ferreira is having a crazy good start this MLS season. His off the ball movement, runs in behind, hold-up play, and ability to pick off a pass and start an attack was already very good, but now he's scoring goals and finishing the attacks too. He lacks the height I'd like to see in a Wolves striker, but if we have to sell Podence, Ferreira has shown he can play inverted on either wing and can lurk at the edge of the box.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score

Any of the USMNT midfielders would be good shout outs: Musah, McKennie, and Tyler Adams. They are all very athletic, high pressing, aggressive midfielders. Not the most technical bunch, like we're used to with our Portuguese CMs, but I think that they would fit much better in Bruno's system.

Not surprised that Leeds picked Aronson recently - the kid has got an incredible engine and fits like a glove in their style.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Noni Madueke- apparently he’s now ready to come back to England and we’ve been linked with him before - powerful, goal scoring, English winger….
Yeah he is absolutely tops, probably out of our price range alas

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance we would get him, but Villa have brought in another young striker from Scotland who will presumably be in front of him so.... Cameron Archer.
He is a goal scoring machine, really think he is going to be top class.
A very nice, down to earth lad too.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Not seen him play, but a player I've heard good reports about. A midfielder, 26 years old in his prime.. Liam Kinsella of Walsall fame.
Does Scott Sellars look at players in the English lower leagues? There must be good talent down there somewhere.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
No chance we would get him, but Villa have brought in another young striker from Scotland who will presumably be in front of him so.... Cameron Archer.
He is a goal scoring machine, really think he is going to be top class.
A very nice, down to earth lad too.

Excellent prospect. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him follow Beale to QPR on a season’s loan.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not seen him play, but a player I've heard good reports about. A midfielder, 26 years old in his prime.. Liam Kinsella of Walsall fame.
Does Scott Sellars look at players in the English lower leagues? There must be good talent down there somewhere.
Instinctively l have major doubts about a player of that age who is playing in L2. Surely someone lower down would have picked him up up he's any good.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Instinctively l have major doubts about a player of that age who is playing in L2. Surely someone lower down would have picked him up up he's any good.
Very true what you say WickedWolfie. But no harm in having a look at a player so close to home who might get better. A look is a look.
Actually, just using him as an example of what might be down there. Recall David Platt went from Crewe to Villa at 22, a good bit younger though.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very true what you say WickedWolfie. But no harm in having a look at a player so close to home who might get better. A look is a look.
Actually, just using him as an example of what might be down there. Recall David Platt went from Crewe to Villa at 22, a good bit younger though.

Watched quite a lot of Walsall as we have a friend who plays for them. Kinsella is better than most of Walsall's midfield but certainly isn't a David Platt in my opinion. Mainly rated by Walsall fans because of his work rate and the defensive side of his game, not a goal scorer or creative midfielder really. I could maybe see him in League I but wouldn't see him much above that.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Watched quite a lot of Walsall as we have a friend who plays for them. Kinsella is better than most of Walsall's midfield but certainly isn't a David Platt in my opinion. Mainly rated by Walsall fans because of his work rate and the defensive side of his game, not a goal scorer or creative midfielder really. I could maybe see him in League I but wouldn't see him much above that.
Thanks for your insight MRL.

D

Deleted member intdint

We've definitley looked at a lot of these players, but I think we should seriously persue most of them:

Young/Breakthrough Talents:

Ronnie Edwards - CB from Peterborough

A strong right footed center back, in the same mould as Ryan Bennett, comfortable with both feet , recognises danger well and keeps a good defensive line, distances are good and his five second reactions are also good. Look at his body language all game, he's always calm and conducts himself in a professional way, no moaning. He reminds me a lot of John Terry, he's still only a kid but could take the Kilman route through the u23s.

Benjamin Sesko - ST from RB Salzburg
Believe it or not, I've actually spoken to his representives in the past for my previous employer, he said that this season ideally they want him to stay at Salzburg for his development, but near enough every top club is after him, would probably cost 10-15m, they'r after a project rather than money. This kid is going to the very top, we should get in ASAP.

First Team:

Joao Palhinha - CB/CM from Sporting Club Portugal

This one is probably going to happen anyway, a few niggly injuries this season and was in and out of the team, his team mate Manuel Ugarte was ahead of him in the pecking order, and for good reason too! However I think he will suit Lage system like a glove, and he's very dynamic, 5 second reactions are very good, his top end speed is good (certainly better than Neves). I wouldn't say he is a direct replacement for Neves though, he would be in the Dendoncker profile, but with better defensive attributes and quicker in all aspects. Probably entering his mid peak and will still have resale value in Europe in 3-4 years.

Matheus Nunes - CM from Sporting Club Portugal

This one is probably going to happen aswell, I don't believe for one minute that City or any other top 6 club are looking at him as a serious target, I think there are better players out there for that price range, Tielemans as a good example. but for Wolves his profile fits us like a glove, he is a unusual player as he is not quite the traditional 8 and not quite the traditional 10, not really a goal threat but can make things happen in and around the box, 5 second reactions are good, very hard working and is never injured or suspended, to be honest earlier in the season he looked like a world beater, but in the latter half of the season he has dropped off somewhat. Is more of a box to box midfielder but can receive the ball in higher positions and move vertically, I think we would need a goalscoring midfielder next to him as he isn't particularly good at scoring goals.

Noa Lang- LW from Club Brugge
Very unique player, but is a huge goal threat and a nuisance for defending teams, full dutch international and is entering his early peak, would fit straight into the first team IMO and Neto would provide competition for him as he recovers from his injury. I know Thelwell looked at him when he was at Wolves, think this kid is going to the very top, we should be all over him.

Raymont

Reaction score

Watching Musah this int'l break. This kid can get out of a press. It's really fun to watch. Has a rumbling style with the ball, which I could see costing him possession in the Prem and not getting the ref's calls. But at 19 years old, dang, I wish Wolves were looking at him.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Watching Musah this int'l break. This kid can get out of a press. It's really fun to watch. Has a rumbling style with the ball, which I could see costing him possession in the Prem and not getting the ref's calls. But at 19 years old, dang, I wish Wolves were looking at him.
In a World Cup year and with a US World Cup on the horizon it should check all of the marketing boxes too, along with the logistical ones.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noni Madueke- apparently he’s now ready to come back to England and we’ve been linked with him before - powerful, goal scoring, English winger….
**** me that boy's talented. He'd be superb competition for Neto and Pod but I would probably prefer we focussed on our main areas of weakness unless he's <£15-20m. No idea how realistic that is?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
**** me that boy's talented. He'd be superb competition for Neto and Pod but I would probably prefer we focussed on our main areas of weakness unless he's <£15-20m. No idea how realistic that is?

Trained at my football club earlier this week. Should have asked if he fancied the move to Molineux…

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
In a World Cup year and with a US World Cup on the horizon it should check all of the marketing boxes too, along with the logistical ones.
I watched him in the muck against El Salvador and he was fantastic. Would not argue if he could rock up to Compton...

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be happy to us to just actively look at players with intent of signing, before we start selling any, period.

Back
Top Bottom