Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Players you'd like us to be looking at

• Thread starter Deleted member 8455jwf
  • Start date

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes agree......but Jonny still concerns me ...at this level for 40 plus games..we need semedo , plus Jonny....not just Jonny......a new lwb for me competition n help for Rayan..be happy with the Brazilian chap ..

Then we'd have £60m plus invested into fullbacks. Just seems a bad way to use the capital.

Especially when you have some promising kids

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he did much wrong in the games he played rb. Would love to know how many goals at the end of the season actually came from chances down that side.
No he didn't ...started off fantastic....but the last few games looked like he hadn't much energy etc ..looked a bit off....as I said hopefully, rest pre season etc is what's needed .... but he won't be the same after doing his knee twice...at this level....just don't think we should be selling semedo and banking on Jonny for a full season, as suggested..we should at least give it 12 months ..

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you would take a loss on probably one of our better players this year to play Jonny who despite being right footed is better on the left. Personally I think It’s the one area where we have good players that can be rotated because of strength in depth, rotation is needed to keep things fresh.
... not to mention that there are no guarantees that Jonny would stay fit...

Raymont

Reaction score
Not sure what of combination of injury and attitude has led to his steep drop in value, but I love watching Diego Lainez on the ball. Seems like he would be a bargain right now, and hard to not dream that a Wolves offseason regimen would do wonders for him.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Nathan Ake is going to be available. I'd love to see him play for us, but wages would rule him out i would imagine.
Would’ve loved him at a point, but I wouldn’t want him getting in the way of Killman/Toti.

If he was predominately right sided then it should be one to be all over.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Giles or Bruno ain't ready then we might as well fold the academy if we aren't going to use them
It's the premier league..... the signs are good with Bueno.... hopefully he might be able to replace Rayan in a few years if rayan does progress into a top player and eventually leaves us ......Giles is ok...but I'm not sure ... probably deserves a chance in pre season but having watched him a lot, I'm not sure ... Certainly wouldnt like to have him as first choice if Rayan got a serious injury....... remember we can't use Jonny , cause you have sold semedo.......

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In theory l agree but Italian forwards in England don't have the greatest record... See Cutrone...

Agreed on Cutrone. Though I've said before, with him I think it's just immaturity. I reckon by the time he's Belotti's age he'll be a good player. (not advocating we hang on to him that long to wait....)

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We re crap at the back , and even worse up front...
Tarkowski from Burnley
Phuki from Norwich

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the premier league..... the signs are good with Bueno.... hopefully he might be able to replace Rayan in a few years if rayan does progress into a top player and eventually leaves us ......Giles is ok...but I'm not sure ... probably deserves a chance in pre season but having watched him a lot, I'm not sure ... Certainly wouldnt like to have him as first choice if Rayan got a serious injury....... remember we can't use Jonny , cause you have sold semedo.......

Like I said, I'd rather have that then Cundle or Donk having to play multiple games as a starter.

Toti has played Left back before too if we need someone more defensive.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like I said, I'd rather have that then Cundle or Donk having to play multiple games as a starter.

Toti has played Left back before too if we need someone more defensive.
I think we can raise enough from neves, adama and the fringe players Sanderson, Giles , hoever ..etc ....before we have to let a semedo go....

Semedo for me is in the guaranteed starter bracket with rayan kilman Neto.. Sa ...I think you are more likely to see a donk, podence or Silva moved on to freshen it up before semedo.....if we need to....

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we can raise enough from neves, adama and the fringe players Sanderson, Giles , hoever ..etc ....before we have to let a semedo go....

Semedo for me is in the guaranteed starter bracket with rayan kilman Neto.. Sa ...I think you are more likely to see a donk, podence or Silva moved on to freshen it up before semedo.....if we need to....

I get that, but he's£30m investment and 28, each season his value will go down.

We need to get into the habit of selling players at the right time.

Asthmatic Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gianluca Scamacca - Sassuolo - ST - 23 y/o - 6ft 5

If we potentially face the prospect of selling Raul this summer, then we’ll most certainly need to be shopping in the market for a Striker. At 6”5 he can not only take up that target man role that Lage is supposedly looking for, but he would offer so much more on top of it.

An abundance of technical ability, with some added flair to go with it. Great at playing with his back to goal, is able to drop deep and link the play well, and overall appears to have a great footballing brain. To top it all off, he has what every striker must need to be a top one, an eye for goal, and a clean striker of the ball - racking up a tally of 16 goals this season in 36 games to boot.

View attachment 28190

He's been likened to a young Ibrahimovic, which I can definitely see the comparison of & probably who I'd say he is most similar to in stature, playstyle etc. but I have to admit, I also see some similarities to a pre-injury Raul in a sense too - both from watching clips of him play & looking at the data, as shown below. (Raul 19/20 vs Scamacca 20/21)

View attachment 28191
I've probably just written all this for nothing though, as I have a feeling he'll stay in Italy & join one of the top teams like Inter in a big-money move (£35m-45m) this summer (provided they don't go back in for Lukaku). I think Arsenal have also been linked in the Athletic as part of a list of their targets for ST this summer too.

If I have the time over the next few days/week I'll maybe post a few other players that I like the look of too. Good thread & interesting to read what other players people like the look of, so thank you @jwolfie91
Scamacca is class as is Raspadori - but will cost big bucks and likely going to one of the 2 Milanese clubs

D

Deleted member sbk12944

If we potentially face the prospect of selling Raul this summer, then we’ll most certainly need to be shopping in the market for a Striker. At 6”5 he can not only take up that target man role that Lage is supposedly looking for, but he would offer so much more on top of it.

An abundance of technical ability, with some added flair to go with it. Great at playing with his back to goal, is able to drop deep and link the play well, and overall appears to have a great footballing brain. To top it all off, he has what every striker must need to be a top one, an eye for goal, and a clean striker of the ball - racking up a tally of 16 goals this season in 36 games to boot.

View attachment 28190

He's been likened to a young Ibrahimovic, which I can definitely see the comparison of & probably who I'd say he is most similar to in stature, playstyle etc. but I have to admit, I also see some similarities to a pre-injury Raul in a sense too - both from watching clips of him play & looking at the data, as shown below. (Raul 19/20 vs Scamacca 20/21)

View attachment 28191
I've probably just written all this for nothing though, as I have a feeling he'll stay in Italy & join one of the top teams like Inter in a big-money move (£35m-45m) this summer (provided they don't go back in for Lukaku). I think Arsenal have also been linked in the Athletic as part of a list of their targets for ST this summer too.

If I have the time over the next few days/week I'll maybe post a few other players that I like the look of too. Good thread & interesting to read what other players people like the look of, so thank you @jwolfie91
Looks a top,top talent but will more than likely stay in Italy and is also probably out of our price range unfortunately.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
We desperately need a goal scorer. Doesn't matter where he's from just so long as he knows where the back of the net is. Can we just take a punt on the one of the top 3 strikers in Brazil? If they can score there surely can score anywhere.. Maybe Marcal can help us source one. Can't cost that much. We're desperate.

Last edited:

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know others have said but I think that Brereton-Díaz from Blackburn would do well in the prem. I have gone through the top scorers in the championship and he looks the most technically gifted and is an intelligent finisher. I can see him going to Forest and do well.

I doubt we will be in for him as I think we will be looking to get a target man and a goal scoring wide midfielder like Guedes.

I just wished we also picked up a few players with UK experience, I think it reduces some of the risk of players not settling.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

View attachment 28190

View attachment 28191

This is an excellent post

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You'd sell Neves before Semedo? Is that out of current circumstance?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Realistically I’d like us to take a punt on Tarkowski from Burnley, although I think he’ll end up at NUFC.

I reckon he’d potentially allow us to go to 4 at the back alongside Kilman, and whilst he’s not VVD, he’s free and should therefore fit within our budget requirements.
If he wasn't on a free then I wouldn't be interested but as he is i think he's worth a punt.

Back
Top Bottom