Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Player of the Season (Halfway stage)

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was discussing this question at the weekend and it got me thinking what the consensus was amongst Wolves fans. It's close, in my eyes, between 3, but I've put in all the logical contenders

Reaction score
Voted for Neves but wouldn't argue with any of the 6 if they did win it as they have all been brilliant. Pleasant change from last season where we barely had anyone worthy of the accolade.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sa has been absolutely fantastic and brought much solidity to the defence and he is, I believe, the main reason why Kilman, Coady and Saiss are all in the frame here. I wondered what on earth we were doing in the summer preplacing the Portugal number 1 with a 28 year-old from Olympiacos with no senior Portugal caps but he has been absolutely magnificent and an upgrade on Rui. Happy 29th Birthday for today Jose!

However, after all that, I'm going for Neves as I think he is key to most of what we do, running the midfield as he does. Sa a VERY, VERY close second though and I may change my mind within a few weeks.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’re right, it’s a lot better than scraping around for a deserving candidate. Any one of the above walking away with it would be fine by me.

Kilman for his jump to stardom, but Sa is on a other planet atm, with Coady and Saiss miles better than they’ve ever been.
Podence has probably always been this good (when fit) we just get to see it for a change.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa and Kilman are too obvious. Sa has done his job very well and Kilman has impressed in his breakout season. However, neither would be in this position if it wasn’t for Coady’s imperious form and his meticulous in-match organisation. Saiss has also blown me away as I was ready to ditch him at the end of last season but again, it’s Coady sitting in the middle that’s improved the defence.

fleck1

Reaction score
Has to be Sa for me, not only for his own performance but the confidence he's brought to the rest of the back line. Siass, Coady and Kilman have all gone up a level or two, a lot of that will be from the confidence of knowing Jose is coming to collect them balls in to the box, or that through ball he'll be off his line to clear.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's half a dozen at least that you could go for, I think Sa will win player of the season but for me it's Neves

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Well Neves is a different level to the rest for me. Sa and Kilman have been brilliant, and it's tempting to vote for either of them as being way above expectation, but the best player we have is Neves.

Also where's the Moutinho option?

V Wolf

Reaction score
Sa for me, he gives the defenders in front of him so much confidence and license to do the things that are making them look so good. Was going to say Semedo for ‘most improved’ but I do just wonder if it’s the players around him stepping up a level and allowing him to play his own game with confidence.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really close, Kilman gets it for me though because he's made only one error that I can remember, against Brentford.

They've been magnificent but Sa has had a few more dodgy moments.

It really is like trying to decide which supermodel you'd like a blowie off

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was torn between Max and Sa and in the end went with Max. Sa has been spectacular after an iffy start whereas KIlman has just got better and better in my opinion. Now if only Jose has played Futsal!

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Max just pips it for me! Very intelligent lad. Sa has been fantastic too especially how we want to play. Now what about that new midfielder?!

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure why Coady is getting votes ahead of Saiss either? Love Coady but stat wise Coady has 18 tackles and 16 interceptions. Saiss has 21 tackles and 37 interceptions and to me it has shown on the pitch, Saiss has been immense.

Kilman incidentally has 39 tackles and 37 interceptions. Quite remarkable.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was so close for me between Sa and Kilman...Kilman got the nod but even so, I'm far from 100%!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
All worthy nominees! I’ve gone Sa, just because I think he’s had such a huge impact on the way we play as well as performing so well.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very difficult isnt it. I dont think there is much in it between Sa and Kilman.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa for me, but I think our defensive success this season is down to collective brilliance as much as outstanding individuals. Kilman slightly stands out, but it's the way the system enables our players to work together that really matters.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman for me, he's just a Rolls Royce of a defender and player, oozes class, and get my vote as I've been a massive fan from the first time I saw him, so maybe not completely objective, as Sa and Neves are good shouts too and wouldn't complain if it were Coady or Saiss either tbh.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jose Sa all the way. Kilman as runner-up. and most of the other players like, Neves, Coady, Moutinhio, Semedo, Saiss, all deserve to be classified as second runner-ups.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman
Neves
Sa

Can make arguments for them all to be number one, but that's my order. All been fantastic. Sa had a few 'eccentric' moments earlier in the season which maybe stops him being top of the list in my mind but he's been pretty much faultless for past two months.

Kilman has been sensational apart from Brentford at home.

Neves seems to have gone up a level in terms of performances and the way he's dictating games on the ball.

Honourable mentions for our skipper and Saiss.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa because genuinely feel he's one of the world's top keepers right now.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Toss up between Sa and Kilman, I've chose Sa as I think he has been world class this year, and the rest have been very good.

If the likes of Semedo, Ait-Nouri, Podence kick on for the second half the season they could be in the running

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well Neves is a different level to the rest for me. Sa and Kilman have been brilliant, and it's tempting to vote for either of them as being way above expectation, but the best player we have is Neves.

Also where's the Moutinho option?
Think Moutino is slightly behind - as with Pod. Both impressive though no doubt

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went for Kilman, largely because of the rapidity of his development. I don't think anyone was seriously convinced last season that Kilman would turn into one of the best CBs in the Premier League, and yet here we are.

Sa has been stupendously good (and a good deal stupid once or twice, fortunately without costing us!), and he is genuinely a big upgrade on Rui, who I did like. But to be fair here, Sa played Champions League football (albeit without a huge amount of success). The distance between expectation and reality is way bigger with Kilman, for me.

Neves and Coady have essentially been very good versions of themselves, Neves particularly so. But I wouldn't say that puts them in POTS territory.

Saiss and Semedo are both very experienced defenders who flattered to deceive a bit last season. They have both come in brilliantly, particularly Semedo who looks so different to the Semedo we signed.

Honourable mentions should go to Ait-Nouri, who has continued to develop really well; Moutinho for showing he still has it; Podence for getting into good form after lengthy injury problems, and increasingly Fabio, who is continuing to show glimpses of the player he might yet become.

Back
Top Bottom