Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang appears to drop major hint on Arsenal midfield loanee's future

• Thread starter Giuseppe Labellarte
  • Start date
G

Giuseppe Labellarte

Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang may have dropped a major hint about the future of a Gunners player currently out on loan.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles left the Emirates Stadium in February to link up with fellow Premier League side West Brom.

The Hale End graduate has made 121 competitive appearances for Arsenal since his senior debut in 2014.

Arsenal v Southampton - Premier League

(Photo by Stuart MacFarlane/Arsenal FC via Getty Images)

However, he has struggled to nail down a first-team place under Mikel Arteta, with just five Premier League starts in red and white this season.

In addition, Maitland-Niles has often been deployed on the flanks, while Baggies boss Sam Allardyce has been using him in his preferred midfield position.

The 23-year-old’s future is uncertain, given he’s thriving away from Arsenal and playing superbly elsewhere.

However, Aubameyang may have inadvertently revealed that Maitland-Niles will indeed come back to Arsenal in the summer.

The Gabon international was speaking on Twitch about who he thinks are the fastest players – apart from him – at the Emirates, naming Maitland-Niles, Kieran Tierney and Reiss Nelson.

“Top three, apart me, you put me on the side, I think Kieran Tierney,” said Aubameyang.

“He asked me to do a race against him because the stats are talking for him, maybe he is quicker than me, so let’s do it.

“Then I think it was Ains, but he left but he will come back, so we can do a race whenever and Reiss is there as well.”

TBR View:​

Maitland-Niles has been shining on loan at West Brom, showing he’s more than capable of impressing in midfield.

Arteta mostly used him as a utility player and this wasn’t to his liking, hence his move away.

If he does indeed return to Arsenal rather than moving permanently, could the Gunners boss look to give him a run in midfield?

The post Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang appears to drop major hint on Arsenal midfield loanee's future appeared first on The Boot Room.

Continue reading...

Top Bottom