Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Peter Walton - waste of space

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"agree with it pete". Easiest job in the world.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on mate. All these refs are like a gang sticking together and helping their mates. Definitely need an independently run var.
****ing hell. Are you being sarcastic? Last time you commented on a post of mine it was to tell me I was a boring old fart

D

Deleted member 9788

****ing hell. Are you being sarcastic? Last time you commented on a post of mine it was to tell me I was a boring old fart

My views on the ref cartel are obvious to most ie I dislike them.

I called you a miserable old fart actually. Not old.

D

Deleted member 9788

So old. But at the same time not old.
No old is someone like @Jonzy54 for example but he's not a moaner and he's fun. Miserable means a moaner which you do a lot of mate.

I called you a miserable old fart and you got offended. I liked your post and agreed with you and you still got offended because I didn't abuse you in the way you wanted :tearsofjoy:

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a completely superfluous role anyway. Anyone who knows the laws of the game is equally capable of stating whether a decision was correct based on the laws or incorrect based on the laws.

The problem is the TV channels use too many pundits who simply do not know the latest version of laws of the game.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how much he actually earns for the 'role'...

I thought Fletch got a bit fed up with him last night when he just refused to say whether or not the Lyon goal should have been ruled out.

His 'the goal still stands unfortunately' comment tonight was a real mask slipping moment. Just goes to show VAR is there purely to prevent goals, checking for flaws in absolutely everything, eventually you'll find something.

I reckon in a few years time every corner and free kick will be double checked as well. We'll be at the point next season where your keeper saving a penalty isn't even a moment to fully celebrate any longer, in case one of his feet was deemed to be off the line. I'm absolutely sick to death of it all, and especially the likes of Walton.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No old is someone like @Jonzy54 for example but he's not a moaner and he's fun. Miserable means a moaner which you do a lot of mate.

I called you a miserable old fart and you got offended. I liked your post and agreed with you and you still got offended because I didn't abuse you in the way you wanted :tearsofjoy:
As a matter of fact I am quite a bit older than Jonzy so get your insults right you ignorant mouthy git ;-)

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Easiest job in the world, he looks like he even does it from his back bedroom at home, no expense spared, just a floppy sheet of cardboard to hide his collection of hornby trains.

He even still argued that the Sevilla keepers foot was on the line when there was clearly grass between the line and his boot after they zoomed right in.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
It's a completely superfluous role anyway. Anyone who knows the laws of the game is equally capable of stating whether a decision was correct based on the laws or incorrect based on the laws.

The problem is the TV channels use too many pundits who simply do not know the latest version of laws of the game.
I still don’t see the point of Walton. Him saying “unfortunately the goal stands” tonight sums it up.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easiest job in the world, he looks like he even does it from his back bedroom at home, no expense spared, just a floppy sheet of cardboard to hide his collection of hornby trains.

He even still argued that the Sevilla keepers foot was on the line when there was clearly grass between the line and his boot after they zoomed right in.

It's amazing how often his mic doesn't work as well when they bring him in. Just have the image of him faffing about in the back bedroom and quickly rummaging around to turn it back on when he's caught off guard.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
The blokes a joke...

Wonder if BT pay him, if so the term stealing a living is so true...

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky used to have Stuart Cummings doing a similar role for Rugby League. He was always a bit dry, but added to the broadcast with his knowledge. Definitely not what you get from Peter Walton.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You would like to think that somebody at BT will be listening to the cobblers Walton comes out with and think “what’s the point?” and bin him off. It could be a worthwhile addition to the presentation - as someone said it works in Rugby League - but Walton is dreadful.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how much he actually earns for the 'role'...

I thought Fletch got a bit fed up with him last night when he just refused to say whether or not the Lyon goal should have been ruled out.

His 'the goal still stands unfortunately' comment tonight was a real mask slipping moment. Just goes to show VAR is there purely to prevent goals, checking for flaws in absolutely everything, eventually you'll find something.

I reckon in a few years time every corner and free kick will be double checked as well. We'll be at the point next season where your keeper saving a penalty isn't even a moment to fully celebrate any longer, in case one of his feet was deemed to be off the line. I'm absolutely sick to death of it all, and especially the likes of Walton.
Yeah noticed that last night. He had to ask him several times.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As usual, it's just desperate on and off the pitch, jobs for the boys.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You would like to think that somebody at BT will be listening to the cobblers Walton comes out with and think “what’s the point?” and bin him off. It could be a worthwhile addition to the presentation - as someone said it works in Rugby League - but Walton is dreadful.

If they haven't binned McManamanan yet they ay bothered about Walton

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea,me included, but they should give the gig to Mark Halsey .He says it how it is and detests Mike Riley .

Good God no. Halsey made so many bad decisions against us I’m still not convinced it can be explained by simple human error.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Good God no. Halsey made so many bad decisions against us I’m still not convinced it can be explained by simple human error.
I agree but my point was he wouldn’t defend most of the current crop and as I said he detests Riley .I would love to see the fall out

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree but my point was he wouldn’t defend most of the current crop and as I said he detests Riley .I would love to see the fall out

I’m sure there are plenty of other options if ex refs who hate Riley that also have a bit of credibility.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like it when the studio literally watch a replay which clearly shows the decision was wrong yet he still doesnt agree!?! Like the Seville keeper off his line. I doubt he is best buds with that ref, so it just proves he is an arrogant prat who is always right

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Exactly, just because someone hates an arrogant, incompetent git it doesn't mean they're not an arrogant incompetent git.

The moment that got me was when he had to admit the encroachment was blatant (even though the foot off the line was too and he came out with the 'in the air' **** when it was obviously his standing foot), and he said "I can't find a way to defend that" as if that was his job (which he clearly thinks it is).

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
The only thing I agreed with Walton on was VAR probably saw a side on version of the foot on/off the line .What we saw was clearly off the line but the other angle might have made it look a lot closer hence not clear and obvious .
That said there was zero excuse for not picking up the encroachment and even Mr Myopia Walton couldn’t defend that

C

cannockman

Walton even though he saw the foot clearly over the line at half time, and Lescott telling him, in his opinion his foot was over the line, he still stuck to him being correct no matter what evidence he saw. Saying his foot was in the air over the line as an excuse. That was his time to say, he saw a different angle and that his initial assessment was wrong. He did not say that, and so made himself look worse and started digging a hole for himself.

All he had to say at half time was that now on seeing this angle, his foot was over the line, but he couldnt say it. Unfortunately it sums up a lot of Referees and in fact also the credibility of VAR from who we have heard nothing as far as I know.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea,me included, but they should give the gig to Mark Halsey .He says it how it is and detests Mike Riley .
He's said repeatedly that Boly deliberately punched the ball in against Man City, I'm not sure that that's saying it how it is

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
He's said repeatedly that Boly deliberately punched the ball in against Man City, I'm not sure that that's saying it how it is
I have met him at RA meetings and believe me he certainly says it how it is .I have never heard the Boly comment so I can’t comment but he is very outspoken on the standard of refereeing in the press .

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I have met him at RA meetings and believe me he certainly says it how it is .I have never heard the Boly comment so I can’t comment but he is very outspoken on the standard of refereeing in the press .
As is former PGMOL Chief Keith Hackett

Back
Top Bottom