Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Personality

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 matches ago, it was ooking like 6th was possible. We still will probably finish 8th, as we haven't taken our opportunities, but is only 1 place behind our best position when we came up.
I hate it when we lose, but still look at our position as 8th in the Premier League and realise it is the same players and manager that have got us to 8th.
I'm not even sure we will finish 8th. Newcastle are on a run (I know they lost yesterday, but that was against Liverpool). They are in decent form and just two wins behind us, albeit having played a game more. Brighton just 5 behind and Leicester 7 behind with two games in hand. FFS, even Palace and Villa have a chance.
Does anyone confidently believe we will get any more points? Even against nothing to play for Norwich, we are not sure to get anything and even the most dyed-in-the-wool Wolfie surely can't see us getting anything against Chelsea, Liverpool or City!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Yup.
0-1 Leicester (A)
0-1 Spurs (H)
0-1 Man U (H)
0-2 Brentford (H)
2-2 Spurs (H) Carabao Cup - lost on penalties
3-2 Villa (A)
0-2 Palace (A)
0-1 Liverpool (H)
0-1 Man City (A)
0-1 Norwich (H) F A Cup
0-1 Arsenal (H)
0-1 West Ham (A)
0-2 Palace (H)
0-1 Newcastle (A)
0-1 Burnley (A)
0-3 Brighton (H)

That is painful reading and some awful performances amongst those Jonzy.
Woeful

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Thankfully I think our problems don't run this deep.

We have no athleticism. We need Traore playing in attack. We need a midfielder who can get about (like Caicedo, Mwepu or Bissouma) and we need a centre-back who has pace.

When you can't physically compete, you get outplayed, which is what happened today.

This is a great point. We really struggle against big physical teams as we have nothing to combat those assets. When you come up against Dunk, Tarkowski, Mee, Guehi, Anderson you need either pace or strength to combat those assets. We're lacking both.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are spot on though with the comment about athleticism. We have some excellent players, but we do need some players who can compliment them with a bit more physicality and mobility.
The last thing our players need at the moment is bloody compliments! Do we need players who can complement what we already have in terms of physicality and mobility? Absolutely

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not even sure we will finish 8th. Newcastle are on a run (I know they lost yesterday, but that was against Liverpool). They are in decent form and just two wins behind us, albeit having played a game more. Brighton just 5 behind and Leicester 7 behind with two games in hand. FFS, even Palace and Villa have a chance.
Does anyone confidently believe we will get any more points? Even against nothing to play for Norwich, we are not sure to get anything and even the most dyed-in-the-wool Wolfie surely can't see us getting anything against Chelsea, Liverpool or City!

We will be overtaken I reckon and finish 9th or 10th.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not just the losing when conceding first, look at the ‘0’s’, I hadn’t considered that! This spells no fight.

It spells a useless attack. Lightweight floppy haired overrated show offs who have fallen for their own hype. Annoys me how they have got away with it the whole season on here, while any other player dare make a mistake gets pilloried. Send them all back and get one real forward in and we'd be fine. None of Trincao/Fabio/Podence/Hwang is anywhere good enough for a top 6 team, so why even bother with them? (3 of them are not even good enough for a top 6 Championship team). Bruno trying to make a pigs purse out of a silk ear doesn't help. o_O

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom