Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot wait for this guy to return. We have lacked a cutting edge all season costing us several points. I am convinced that he is the man to make a real difference.
He’s great and hope he gets back soon.
I hope that Neto, Silva, Raul and Podence become a formidable foursome in our attacks. Thry all understand the speedy give and go that Neves and Mouthino lack…..they’re too cautious, looking to give the perfect pass, imo.
( not sure yet about Hwang, ergo Silva).

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopeful that he`s back around end of Jan. He knows how to shoot on target...that is massive for us! Only time will tell.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s great and hope he gets back soon.
I hope that Neto, Silva, Raul and Podence become a formidable foursome in our attacks. Thry all understand the speedy give and go that Neves and Mouthino lack…..they’re too cautious, looking to give the perfect pass, imo.
( not sure yet about Hwang, ergo Silva).
For me Neto and Neves are the long term jewels in our crown and must be retained if we are to progress.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just hope Jonny and Neto return fully fit and haven’t lost anything. Some players are never the same after serious injury and just pray that’s not the case. Neto especially for me, if he’s lost nothing, will go on to be one of the best in the world.

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Shame I thought he has started his training.. seems unlikely he will be playing before the start of March.. can’t wait to see him back but I guess they need to be so careful.. it’s such a long time to be out :(

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know the details of his injury?
I’m assuming it is a bit like a broken bone and once it heals it is as strong or stronger than before? Rather than being like a mended ligament which is prone to go again?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best forget about him until next season.
I would tend to agree with you.

As long as we are safe from any relegation worries why risk him.

We are unlikely to be involved in a fight for European places as well so build up his fitness and strength to be ready from day one of next season.

He’s 21 years old with a long career (hopefully with us) ahead of him. Hopefully our excellent medical team will know when he is ready.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The looming lockdown may help us, we get Neto back after loosing all January games lol

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know the details of his injury?
I’m assuming it is a bit like a broken bone and once it heals it is as strong or stronger than before? Rather than being like a mended ligament which is prone to go again?

This guy knows.....

Former Wolves physio gives time frame on Pedro Neto injury

Awful, rare, complex injury. He had a rather bad, displaced patella fracture. A lot of unknowns still with this one!

Some worrying extracts from t'interweb below.....

Complications of Patellar Fractures​

Even after successful treatment, some patients with patellar fractures may experience long-term complications.

Posttraumatic Arthritis

Posttraumatic arthritis is a type of arthritis that develops after an injury. Even when your bones heal normally, the articular cartilage covering the bones can be damaged, leading to pain and stiffness over time. Severe arthritis occurs in a small percentage of patients with patellar fractures. Mild to moderate arthritis—a condition called chondromalacia patella—is much more common.

Muscle Weakness

Some patients may have permanent weakness of the quadriceps muscle in the front of the thigh after a fracture. Some loss of motion in the knee, including both straightening (extension) and bending (flexion), is also common. This loss of motion is not usually disabling.

Chronic Pain

Long-term pain in the front of the knee is common with patellar fractures. While the cause of this pain is not completely understood, it is likely that it is related to posttraumatic arthritis, stiffness, and muscle weakness. Some patients find that they are more comfortable wearing a knee brace or support.

Outcome​

How long it takes to recover after a patellar fracture will depend upon a number of factors, including:
  • The severity of your injury
  • Whether your treatment was surgical or nonsurgical
  • The time needed for rehabilitation
Most patients will be able to return to their normal activities within 3 to 6 months. For patients with severe fractures, the return to activity may take longer.
Your doctor may suggest some lifestyle changes to help protect your knee and prevent future problems. This may include avoiding activities that involve repetitive deep knee bending or squatting. Climbing stairs or ladders should be avoided, as well.

Full link here: Patellar Fractures (Broken Kneecap) - OrthoInfo - AAOS

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So...... Neto you need to stop climbing the football ladder & stay at Molineux.....

We need him back ASAP.....but Thought he had a decent potential to being the best player in the world before this injury.... so fingers crossed and give him another 6 months.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was marked at the time of the injury how quiet and careful the club were with information, and how infrequent updates were. There was never really a solid timeframe for his potential return, just speculation, but it's always been noted as a complex and unusual injury.

All being well we'll see a cameo from the bench here and there come April, but if he returns properly (all hopes go to him) then next season will be the key one. Would be dreadful for all concerned if the nature of the injury means he simply doesn't come back as the same player we loved, the world was at his feet this time last year.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is a very bad injury, and one that takes a long time to heal, if ever
Being young strong and an athlete all help,but conversely putting strain on the knee can lead to complications
Every faith the medics will do everything possible to get him back fully fit,but personally i would say next season is best we can hope for

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It is a very bad injury, and one that takes a long time to heal, if ever
Being young strong and an athlete all help,but conversely putting strain on the knee can lead to complications
Every faith the medics will do everything possible to get him back fully fit,but personally i would say next season is best we can hope for
He will be back this season, probably not before March. Players don't start training and take 6 months to get back onto the pitch without a reoccurance.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for that. Shame I thought he has started his training.. seems unlikely he will be playing before the start of March.. can’t wait to see him back but I guess they need to be so careful.. it’s such a long time to be out :(

He’s been posting his post op fitness work for a long time, but that’s just to maintain his basic level of fitness. From Bruno’s comments, he still looks some way off. If so, I’d be looking to bring MGW back in Jan to give us more options in the attacking third. We also need another senior striker, and then hopefully get Silva out to a Champ team on loan so he can get competitive game time and get him ready to compete in our squad next season.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the stupid modern boots they wear.
On the same subject, how far away is Jony??

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he’s back ready and fit for the start of feb along with Jonny maybe even sooner il be very happy just to have two such important players back will be huge

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no need to rush either Pedro or Jonny back given the seriousness of both injuries and the risk of both of them being career ending, so i would prefer both of them to gradually build up there strength and have them both back fit and well for next season.

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
Given the nature of his injury and the fact it has always been termed ‘complex’ it was always very unlikely that he’d be able to contribute anything meaningful this season.

There is no need for any part of his rehab to be rushed, however all athletes want to return as quickly as possible - I’m sure he is sensible enough to follow the guidance of the medics to give him the best chance of both a full recovery and reduce the opportunities of future recurrence.

I’d love to see him back on the pitch, but only when he’s fully recovered.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This guy knows.....

Awful, rare, complex injury. He had a rather bad, displaced patella fracture. A lot of unknowns still with this one!

Some worrying extracts from t'interweb below...
  • Your doctor may suggest some lifestyle changes to help protect your knee and prevent future problems. This may include avoiding activities that involve repetitive deep knee bending or squatting. Climbing stairs or ladders should be avoided, as well.

This is the ominous part.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This guy knows.....

Some worrying extracts from t'interweb below.....

Complications of Patellar Fractures​

Even after successful treatment, some patients with patellar fractures may experience long-term complications.

Posttraumatic Arthritis

Posttraumatic arthritis is a type of arthritis that develops after an injury. Even when your bones heal normally, the articular cartilage covering the bones can be damaged, leading to pain and stiffness over time. Severe arthritis occurs in a small percentage of patients with patellar fractures. Mild to moderate arthritis—a condition called chondromalacia patella—is much more common.

Muscle Weakness

Some patients may have permanent weakness of the quadriceps muscle in the front of the thigh after a fracture. Some loss of motion in the knee, including both straightening (extension) and bending (flexion), is also common. This loss of motion is not usually disabling.

Chronic Pain

Long-term pain in the front of the knee is common with patellar fractures. While the cause of this pain is not completely understood, it is likely that it is related to posttraumatic arthritis, stiffness, and muscle weakness. Some patients find that they are more comfortable wearing a knee brace or support.

Outcome​

How long it takes to recover after a patellar fracture will depend upon a number of factors, including:
  • The severity of your injury
  • Whether your treatment was surgical or nonsurgical
  • The time needed for rehabilitation
Most patients will be able to return to their normal activities within 3 to 6 months. For patients with severe fractures, the return to activity may take longer.
Your doctor may suggest some lifestyle changes to help protect your knee and prevent future problems. This may include avoiding activities that involve repetitive deep knee bending or squatting. Climbing stairs or ladders should be avoided, as well.

Thanks for posting this. Although I want him back I want him fit and healthy first. We shouldn't get our hopes up. There is a good chance he will breakdown again. Horrible injury for a footballer.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's incredibly bad luck. We really could do with him too. Hope he can eventually get back to match fitness.

Back
Top Bottom