Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I saw he was included on the bench I thought it might be like what I thought was happening with Jonny, sort of there just to give him that boost being around the matchday squad again but thought it might be a few weeks before we saw him get on the pitch.

Delighted to see him get some minutes and it really boosted the crowd, even if it takes him a while to get back into the swing of things to have a player you can bring on who will lift the crowd like that can be a real asset to the team and have an effect on the other players on the pitch as a result.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All of a sudden we have 2 lefties 2 righties for each wing position. Brilliant.
Yet not getting someone in when traore left (most choose to ignore the young Portuguese lad we did bring in) was the end of our season and fosun were selling up and bleeding us dry........

Perspective was just ignored totally. All we need is a better back up for Raul while Silva continues his development albeit slow and a central midfielder with a slightly more attacking purpose just to give us options centrally as well as the wide players. We're looking good to give it a go.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yet not getting someone in when traore left (most choose to ignore the young Portuguese lad we did bring in) was the end of our season and fosun were selling up and bleeding us dry........

Perspective was just ignored totally. All we need is a better back up for Raul while Silva continues his development albeit slow and a central midfielder with a slightly more attacking purpose just to give us options centrally as well as the wide players. We're looking good to give it a go.
There's a young lad playing for Sheff Utd in central midfield with a slightly more attacking purpose!

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He didn’t seem to have any issues, I reckon give him twenty minutes at the end of the next two or three games and he will be ready to start.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually don't think the plan was to play him so soon. But this is Neto.

With most players, a lot of the adjustment period when returning from long-term injuries is their conditioning back to the levels necessary to compete.

It's clear from previous interviews how focussed Neto is on being the best. His idol is Cristiano Ronaldo and he wants to emulate him on the pitch (not off it!!).

So it wouldn't surprise me if he has worked harder than most players would during the time he couldn't train, doing everything else he could do to ensure his conditioning remained as good as possible.

So when he came back into training and was as sharp as he was, it must have been a very pleasant surprise for everyone, especially Bruno!!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldnt risk the lad this season at all. Give him pre season to get back up to speed.
You'd have to assume the medical team see no benefit in delaying his return. You'd like to think if they saw the benefit of playing him, we'd have not seen him this season.

I'm with you, thinking sensibly it would make sense to leave him out of the squad for the remainder of the season. I'm not a doctor though, so my opinion is totally irrelevant.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like a new signing.

A world class one.
And one with big muscles. Looking at him, he appears to have spent some time in the pool.

I'm no expert but would think swimming would be a lower risk exercise for his knee, and seems to have broadened his shoulders which is no bad thing.

Muscle gain on shoulders rather than arms as well should keep the weight down and not impact on speed so much I'd imagine.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When you think about how much players have improved under Bruno - Kilman, RAN, Semedo and I'd even add players like Coady to the list - what he might be able to make of a full match-fit Pedro Neto doesn't bear thinking about...

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a young lad playing for Sheff Utd in central midfield with a slightly more attacking purpose!
People banging that MGW drum are gonna be disappointed when he returns and then is sold for £10m in the summer. Pulling up trees at Sheffield United in the Championship, but yet to really demonstrate anything like a consistent run of form for Wolves a la Kilman.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People banging that MGW drum are gonna be disappointed when he returns and then is sold for £10m in the summer. Pulling up trees at Sheffield United in the Championship, but yet to really demonstrate anything like a consistent run of form for Wolves a la Kilman.
I think the fact MGW has never demonstrated anything like a consistent run of form for Wolves is down to the fact he's never really had a consistent run of games for Wolves.

It's all well and good knocking MGW but give the lad a chance! He's doing fantastic at Sheffield United. Great for him, for Sheffield United and for Wolves.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah, I can see there being a few factors involved in whether or not MGW has a career here or not.

He appears to be enjoying his time at Sheffield United. He is their superstar and he seems to be thriving as a big fish in a smaller pond.

As well as he is doing, if he comes here, he would definitely be behind Podence and Neto, and maybe even Hwang and Trincao in the pecking order. I think his success at Sheffield United comes from being almost an automatic starter (when fit) and responding to the level of expectation of being that superstar. A similar thing happened at Swansea before his injury too.

I think it will ultimately come down to game-time and we won't be able to offer him regular enough football, so we may as well cash in on him while his stock is high.

£10m would be a bargain though. If you look at other attacking midfield/wide forward talent to have made the step up from Championship to the PL, their fees are much higher (Maddison £22.5m, Benrahma £21m, Bowen £20m, Eze £16m).

So unless we had something like a 50% sell-on clause, I'd want a lot more than £10m for him. I'd expect we would be able to command £15-20m for him if his season carries on the way it has gone so far.

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
Ruben Neves averaged 7.20 in Wolves' championship winning season. MGW is currently at 7.19. Just saying. (Source whoscored)

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve got our best attacking player back. It’s such brilliant timing!

I honestly think Neto’s injury has gone massively under the radar in terms of coverage and therefore how we’ve done without him has been massively underrated by everybody else.
Imagine Vile had lost Grealish for 10 months, or Arsenal Saka. Where would they be. Pedro was priceless before he went down.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the fact MGW has never demonstrated anything like a consistent run of form for Wolves is down to the fact he's never really had a consistent run of games for Wolves.

It's all well and good knocking MGW but give the lad a chance! He's doing fantastic at Sheffield United. Great for him, for Sheffield United and for Wolves.
Quite. He can only do what he can given an opportunity. He’s starting every game he’s fit for in the chump, and standing out. If that was a non-Wolves player, there’d be plenty saying ‘we should be all over that’, like Bowen.
All depends what Bruno sees as the plan going forward next season, and whether MGW fits any specific role there, cos he’s certainly showing he’s capable as much as he can currently by being a star player at that lower level.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He hasn't had a consistent run of starts like Kilman. He isn't being sold for £10M either

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just leave this here for any that have not seen it, could be on the Neto or Coady thread but just love the camaraderie between our players... so much comes from the captain but Neto is such a character... so great to have him back again, and not just on the pitch

Top lad

Back
Top Bottom