Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never played in a back three in Spain or anywhere else, as a professional at least

Think with Jonny (and Neto for that matter), the rest of this season is just about integrating them back in and see how they go after their injuries. I don't really expect either to have a big impact over the remainder of the season, maybe one or two good games here and there

Fair enough, I may well have imagined it. He's hardly exactly a giant

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never played in a back three in Spain or anywhere else, as a professional at least

Think with Jonny (and Neto for that matter), the rest of this season is just about integrating them back in and see how they go after their injuries. I don't really expect either to have a big impact over the remainder of the season, maybe one or two good games here and there

Given it is now clear what the clubs long term aim is then Jonny shouldn't be anything more than an option off the bench from now on regardless.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I remember seeing him in the North Bank bar after the Man City game where we drew 1-1 (looked like he had a pint of 'Nuno'!), and thinking his official height of 175cm is way off!
His profile on Wikipedia says he is 172cm tall - 5' 8". Seems about right

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m no medical professional however you’d hope this injury, being more skeletal than muscular/ ligament/ tendon would be non recurring.
Some info on Neto's injury at end of this. Not good news if there's a recurrence.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldnt risk the lad this season at all. Give him pre season to get back up to speed.
I would assume he's been getting individual pre-season type training already

If the doctors think he's ready the best thing for the lad is some game time

Will get the old Neto back physically and mentally much quicker than a softly, softly approach

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some info on Neto's injury at end of this. Not good news if there's a recurrence.

Darby was physio during one of the worst periods of injuries at Wolves in the last 40 years. He either really knows what he is talking about or he really doesn't, not sure which.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t like it because it’s not a common injury. Physios have seen some these major injuries dozens of times but it’s been difficult to trust any prognosis with this one, especially as it seems we got the Jonny program wrong and someone does an ACL every week.

It’s just a good thing that we don’t need the guy to be San Pedro and save us from relegation. There’s no temptation to do anything rash, we can be judicious.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I am excited and nervous about the returns of Neto and Jonny. I felt so bad when Jonny had a reoccurence , and a slightly worrying sign. The type of imjuries they have had seem difficult to come back from.

I hope for the players and for the club that they can both get back to how they were. Honestly think Neto will go on to be a great if he can pick up where ge left off.

Good news in general that all the players are coming back.

Would be so good to see good minutes from Pedro, Jonny, and be nice if Boly could too (maybe hoping too much)

Seems like we are also in a good position to not rush them back

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
although the article suggests the timescale may be longer rather than shorter it does also say

“The good news is there is no reason why he shouldn’t make a full recovery but the timescale is a tricky one.

so he should make a full recovery, but better it takes a bit more time and then no further issues rather than get him back a bit earlier and then get some kind of reaction that puts him out again for a while

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give Neto and Jonny the last 20 mins to slowly come back into it I say two very very big players.
For me Jonny is the easy one. RAN has everything but stamina, so start him and when he’s pooped you bring on Jonny.

Pedro’s so much better than our other wings and #10 options that it’s going to be hard not to pick him no matter his state,but hopefully his presence pushes Pod, Hwang, and Trincao for responses and they deliver, like Cundle pushed the Donc(and hopefully not how Romain has responded to Toti, he hasn’t been terrible but not his best either). Bruno wants that intra squad competition for places.

Reaction score
For me Jonny is the easy one. RAN has everything but stamina, so start him and when he’s pooped you bring on Jonny.

Pedro’s so much better than our other wings and #10 options that it’s going to be hard not to pick him no matter his state,but hopefully his presence pushes Pod, Hwang, and Trincao for responses and they deliver, like Cundle pushed the Donc(and hopefully not how Romain has responded to Toti, he hasn’t been terrible but not his best either). Bruno wants that intra squad competition for places.
Agree with this, although he has seemingly got much fitter lately, leeds away and Liverpool at home were both games we dropped points because RAN went off

Lycaon

Reaction score
If Neto’s fit to play then I fully expect him to be on the bench, there’s absolutely no evidence that he’s been rushed back, I’d suggest he was ready to play in January but the medical staff didn’t want to take any chances maybe?

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely Neto has been training (fully) and will be getting regular scans to check for changes/irregularities. It really was a freak injury.

Jonny is a worry, because it was the same injury twice wasn’t it? Amazing mental toughness, if nothing else.

I wish them both an injury-free career, but the demands of the modern game are no joke.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a lump in my throat when I heard he was coming on, really lifted the place as well

What great timing to have such a special player back in the group,

Looking good too, pace was still there and looked confident

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked sharp, no nerves. Fantastic to see him back, a fantastic boost for a massive end of season push.

Back
Top Bottom