Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patience needed with this one, and I fear quite a lot of luck too. But if/when we get Neto fully back up to speed he really will fall into the “like a new signing” category. He’s got the ability to transform this team as it is to another level. Even just by a few percent…

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it's unrealistic to expect Neto to reach the level as he was playing previously coming from a long term injury and without pre season, more realistic to expect next pre season where everyone starts at the same point to see if he can come back to the previous level.
He has been out for a year and it is the determination of the medical experts that he has made a full recovery and is ready in February. Waiting until mext season is marking time.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember how well Jonny fitted in last time he came back?

They've both had a long time out, and we can ease them in gently if we need to. Anything they can give us this season is a bonus.

We might even see Jonny & Neto play a few games for the u23s!
I feel we made a bit of a mistake last time by not playing Jonny in the U23’s at all during his build up, he was given a plan for first team minutes but I think that could have been based on time with the U23’s… maybe it wouldn’t have made any difference but Nuno was always reluctant to use the youth teams like that

Hoping Neto, Jonny, Mosquera and Boly will all be given some time with them to get a base level before you exposed to the first team and that level of intensity

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it's unrealistic to expect Neto to reach the level as he was playing previously coming from a long term injury and without pre season, more realistic to expect next pre season where everyone starts at the same point to see if he can come back to the previous level.
That’s kinda my thinking……
Lets get this season behind us, give Bruno more time to continue to evaluate the squad and tactics, ( especially the younger players who are now on the cusp of regular first team ), injured players, eg, Neto and Jonny come back in slowly and after the summer break and a preseason session, hit the ground running.

Of course we will have to work around the World Cup……..hope it doesn’t cause us more injuries .God knows, we’ve had enough bad ones last couple seasons.
Some other clubs‘ turn.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno in E&S today, players recovering from injury wont be rushed back.
Music to my ears!
Thank god!!! Player welfare is a big thing for me as I have seen too many good players cut short because it wasn’t taken care of in many sports!

Jonny deserves red carpet treatment from his recovery to make sure we keep a player who is just so important to us as a team with his quality and for me has been one of the most consistant players of the fosun era.

Also his deputy Ait Nouri is performing to such high levels, that it would be madness to rush him back anyway.

PTW

Reaction score
He has been out for a year and it is the determination of the medical experts that he has made a full recovery and is ready in February. Waiting until mext season is marking time.
Nobody said next season as marking time, but if you are expecting a player coming from a long term injury without having a pre season to come back at the same level as he was playing before the injury I suspect you will be disappointed.

PTW

Reaction score
Obviously this isn't the same thing as a pre season. But ok, everyone thinks this is like a videogame, player comes back from long term injury without having preseason with teammates where everyone starts at the same point and after 2 or 3 games things come back to normal. Usually doesn't work like that but maybe this time will be different.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great to hear the right noises coming from the club re: Pedro & Jonny. Take their time as they are long term players and too important to lose again

It will be a bonus to see them this season in much capacity, and towards the end if at all should we be counting on them

And I think the signing of someone like Chiquinho shows the club are not going to do so, and are hopefully keeping their squad plans as is because we have enough right now in those positions to allow both players to take their time

Unlike last season where we were rushing Jonny back to his detriment

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant see him being first team ready before April tbh
Very serious injury,getting his fitness and confidence back will take a long time and thats if everything goes well

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant see him being first team ready before April tbh
Very serious injury,getting his fitness and confidence back will take a long time and thats if everything goes well
Yep need to take baby steps with him for the remainder of this season so he’s fit and raring to go for the next one.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We shouldn’t be looking to rely on him too much this season, it’s our other forwards we’ll need more from, anything we get from Neto can then be an added bonus.

Having said that, I reckon he’s going to dump Van Dijk on his **** in front of the Kop scoring the goal that wins us the game and secures top 4. But I’m not expecting too much from him before then.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if we could fit Jonny in as the LCB and not have to bump out Ait-Nouri (once fully fit).

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be great to see him back but of more immediate concern when is Hwang back? No sign of him in the training pics today.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God, I hope this fella comes back fit and raring to go... and stays fit.

Best wishes Pedro.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just been watching this can't wait to have him back fully fit and ready to go! The thought of him in Bruno Lage's team... :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:
Sometimes when a player is out for a long time their ability gets overplayed and they can become overrated.

Watching that video, if anything it’s the opposite. I’d forgotten just how good he is! Let’s hope we see him back and working his way back to his best again soon.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be great to see him back but of more immediate concern when is Hwang back? No sign of him in the training pics today.
Any injured players back in training? Mosquera?

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Everyone concerned, including fans, may need to be prepared for a worst case scenario. IF Neto's injury is potentially a significant risk to his career, compensation could likely be involved at some stage, and insurance beagles already peering over every move. There cannot be any rushing of fences, the implications are too great. Walking on eggshells is how it appears to my untrained, distant gaze.
It goes without saying I'd love to see him back, but I've not got any timetable in mind.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone concerned, including fans, may need to be prepared for a worst case scenario. IF Neto's injury is potentially a significant risk to his career, compensation could likely be involved at some stage, and insurance beagles already peering over every move. There cannot be any rushing of fences, the implications are too great. Walking on eggshells is how it appears to my untrained, distant gaze.
It goes without saying I'd love to see him back, but I've not got any timetable in mind.
Or, we could put him up front against Norwich on Saturday and hope he gets a hat trick !

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if we could fit Jonny in as the LCB and not have to bump out Ait-Nouri (once fully fit).
Think back when we signed Jonny it was said he’d often played in a back 3 in Spain

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think back when we signed Jonny it was said he’d often played in a back 3 in Spain
Never played in a back three in Spain or anywhere else, as a professional at least

Think with Jonny (and Neto for that matter), the rest of this season is just about integrating them back in and see how they go after their injuries. I don't really expect either to have a big impact over the remainder of the season, maybe one or two good games here and there

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score

Just been watching this can't wait to have him back fully fit and ready to go! The thought of him in Bruno Lage's

Just been watching this can't wait to have him back fully fit and ready to go! The thought of him in Bruno Lage's team... :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Not sure what was in the air providing a scent of Neto magic but I also watched that clip on YouTube today.

He’s even better than I remember and can’t wait to see him play a part in a Bruno managed team.

He’s also an incredibly popular and infectious personality, so will hopefully provide a boost around Compton and perhaps make up for the loss of Adama in this aspect

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On that basis we could delete 90% of the Mix, particularly transfer speculation, views on Jeff and Scott's motivation etc. I and Bob just offered a little factual insight into the structure of a knee, no speculation.
And there's a very strong argument for that too.

Back
Top Bottom