Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Paul Gascoigne

Daveywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sad, the best English player in my lifetime is killing himself and the gutter press are making money off of it

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
So sad. I met him a few weeks ago down in Bournemouth and he was so nice to both me and my son. He didn't look particularly well but said he was happy and doing fine.

Unfortunately, one of my best friends is a police officer down there and said that he and a number of his colleagues have seen him in various states of undress.

I hate to say it but I can't see him ever beating his demons. A huge shame for him and his loved ones.

D

Deleted member 4436

Very sad to see the pictures today - very sad.

An awful disease which has clearly got a hold on a likeable fella. There's only one guy who can solve this now, but unfortunately he's losing the battle.

E

Essex Wolf

Very sad to see the pictures today - very sad.

An awful disease which has clearly got a hold on a likeable fella. There's only one guy who can solve this now, but unfortunately he's losing the battle.

This. I sincerely hope he can come through this but he is fighting a tough problem and sadly seems to be losing the many battles.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I met Gazza mnay years ago, and he was a lovely bloke, but a huge drinker. There for the grace of God ?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
So sad.I wonder if the Court case has tipped him over?
All he will get is a ticking off and a fine.I said he was stupid saying it but what is the point?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Scum is a disgrace, how is that rag still around after all the stuff it's printed.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His nephew passed away recently which has hit him hard. Real shame and some utter idiots out there who buy him drinks

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4436

So sad.I wonder if the Court case has tipped him over?
All he will get is a ticking off and a fine.I said he was stupid saying it but what is the point?

I wouldn't expect so Jonzy - the mind is a powerful thing.

A slight by-product of the conversation. I know footballers are very well paid for what they do, but it must be difficult to live such a regimental life for many years. Always in the focus. Always following instruction. Diet, lifestyle.

Makes you realise why some players probably fall out of love with the game when they're pros.

When they retire, it must be a very strange feeling.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad....Gave me one of my best live footballing highlights ever when he scored the 2nd against Scotland in Euro 96....right in line as he put it in.....even then though the celebration was simulated drinking...

Even a $$$$ed Gascoine would have been able to unlock Icelands defence......

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My heart bleeds seeing him like this...
One of my true hero's growing up.. Him and Glenn Hoddle (Also Gary Lineker as a goal scorer) were magicians with the ball.

But i'm afraid he too might be joining the list of *stars* we remember fondly soon..

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very sad. I think football was everything for him and he has struggled to cope without it.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
$$$$e. That is terrible. Poor bloke- he looks about 60. He needs more help- needs sectioning again for his own safety.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A desperately sad situation to see someone of his skill and character ending up this way. As a 48-year old bloke myself, he gave me some of the best moments of not-Wolves football I've seen from an Englishman. Italia 90 and that oh-my-bl**dy-god-so-bl**dy-close Euro 96 moment for starters.

Grotesque the way the wretched Sun Newspaper runs this stuff too. Leave the poor soul alone or try and help. Voyeurism at its most utterly inexcusable.

Hard to imagine him being much longer for this world if truth be told.

M

Mr Wolf

Had more than enough help from people over the years so I can't feel sorry or sad for him in anyway.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Help or no help, Mr Wolf - it's sad to see things end up like this for anyone. Perhaps even sadder when, as you say, help has been on hand.

You appear to me to have very little compassion or understanding for life and its downs.

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It is very sad to see I agree but I have to echo the sentiment that it is hard to feel sorry for him when he's had so much support, so much help offered and continues to end up like this.

Plenty of people fight demons in life but they have to help to solve it for themselves as well, I've got past the feeling sorry stage now I'm afraid.

M

Mr Wolf

Show some class

Maybe Gazza should try that himself, he'll be back on a programme in 3 months with Gary Lineker et al going through all the motions again about his demons before his next bender at Christmas. He's had every opportunity, money, support, family & friends all kinds of professional help so tough $$$$.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If only tackling addiction were so simple, eh ...

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Gazza should try that himself, he'll be back on a programme in 3 months with Gary Lineker et al going through all the motions again about his demons before his next bender at Christmas. He's had every opportunity, money, support, family & friends all kinds of professional help so tough $$$$.

Clueless when it comes to such matters son, $$$$ing clueless.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've known drunks like Gazza and maybe I'm hardened to it but I have no sympathy as such. Yes, I want to see them healthy and well again and its tragic to see what the demon booze has done. But ultimately, they have to make the choice to be free. George Best got a lifeline from a dead donor but he still boozed it away. All sympathy vanished.

M

Mr Wolf

If only tackling addiction were so simple, eh ...

Simple as what? Having the money to get the best help, having friends, family & most of the bloody nation behind you & willing to support you. I'm not sure what else he wants, what would you suggest?

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You've kind of answered the question yourself really, don't you think?

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simple as what? Having the money to get the best help, having friends, family & most of the bloody nation behind you & willing to support you. I'm not sure what else he wants, what would you suggest?

I'm afraid things like this is not ' just simply go to your mates & family ' ..
I had depression for just over a year.....
Did i want it ? NO
Could i help i felt... NO
Did i I want my family & friends & job, From the inside NO - Not one of them, but from the outside Yes I wanted to tell my friends & family i love them, i could see myself and was helpless to do anything to change it.

I'm only trying to draw a slight comparison to possible what Gazza is going through, I don't know?
Do you think Gazza whats that life ?
Do you think Gazza might have depression after his all Football was his life and without that he possible did not think he had anything left to offer this world.

I have a close friend who plays for Leeds Rhino's and was the youngest Challenge Cup winner, Super league winner at 19 years old, 2 years of injuries has led to depression, BUT he is trying to help other sport stars and media stars to open up about it..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/36326032

http://mantalitymagazine.com/ ( Sorry mod's if this not within the rules, just wanted to highlight a situation)

Don't judge anyone unless you have been in them footprints!

M

Mr Wolf

He was a $$$$ head when he played the game, a $$$$ head when he was married with kids with whatever went on there, crying about beating her, a $$$$ head when he retired & probably a $$$$ head when he's been clean time after time.

All the best Gazza I hope for the 4th 5th 10th time he gets clean & stays that way but I have no empathy for him & I'll leave it there.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He was a $$$$ head when he played the game, a $$$$ head when he was married with kids with whatever went on there, crying about beating her, a $$$$ head when he retired & probably a $$$$ head when he's been clean time after time.

All the best Gazza I hope for the 4th 5th 10th time he gets clean & stays that way but I have no empathy for him & I'll leave it there.

No empathy for someone struggling with an addiction. Says a lot about you; how can you have no empathy for a person struggling with what is basically a mental illness?

Either you lack life experience or you lack class

maybe both

B

Bilston_wolf

I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, I know people who are struggling with addiction and will never have the opportunities he has had to get help, he continually has chance after chance but refuses to help himself, that said it's terribly sad to see him in the state he is now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, I know people who are struggling with addiction and will never have the opportunities he has had to get help, he continually has chance after chance but refuses to help himself, that said it's terribly sad to see him in the state he is now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the thing though ,he can't help himself because in his state he does not/cannot think rationally.If is very easy to judge someone with a mental illness.I hate to see him like that .

B

Bilston_wolf

I agree whilst he's in this state yes, but he's been clean, several times and goes back to the drink everytime, I do agree though, it's shocking to see him

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some shocking opinions on here.
My uncle died an alchoholic. Tried many times to stop. Could not. The addiction drew him back every time.

He died young and lost nearly everything at the end, not least his self respect.

It's an illness and very hard to stop. He hated drinking and ea couple of times when we went to hospital he promised to.stop. within a day he was a drunk again each time.

Easy to judge from afar. But it's a horrible addiction. Yes self inflicted to start. But I have every sympathy for Gazza. I don't believe for 1 second he wants to be in this state. It's cost him everything apart from his life so far

D

Deleted member 3604

No empathy for someone struggling with an addiction. Says a lot about you; how can you have no empathy for a person struggling with what is basically a mental illness?

Either you lack life experience or you lack class

maybe both

Dare say there are people very close to Gascoigne who care about him deeply that are ten times more scathing than Mr Wolf. The only thing that stops Gascoigne hurting (and he must hurt very badly every day) is a bottle of gin. Sometimes you cannot find the questions to the answers ...

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
acceptance is the key to recovery from an addiction.

sadly there is no magic pill that makes someone accept their situation and in reality acceptance only comes when the person is ready and willing to face the music so to speak.

It is not an intellectual decision someone makes, it comes from somewhere way deeper than that.

you know, the ol' rock bottom metaphor.

Gazza has danced about with the idea of "acceptance" that he is an addict as we have seen with his bouts of sobriety, but sadly he seems yet to hit rock bottom and face the cold hard reality that comes with it

scary thought

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

do you ever read your own comments?

Back
Top Bottom